PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Sturmovik/Pacific Fighters Anthology. Fly All The Planes!

Patchman123
05-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Why not have an anthology of IL-2 Sturmovik and Pacific Fighters where we get to fly all the planes in the video games. That's right, fly all the planes in all the video games. Wouldn't that be nice? You get to fly a B-17, B-24, and B-29 in Single Player. Why don't they let us fly all the planes created in the game in single player? They should let us have a fly all option where we can fly all the planes ever created in IL-2 Sturmovik, IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles, Forgotten Aces,Pacific Fighters, and IL-2 Sturmovik 1946. Wouldn't that rock? I want to fly a B-17, a B-24, and B-29. I want to fly a C-47 and drop paratroopers with the 4 button on my joystick. I want to drop cargo with my C-47. I want to fly a JU-52 and transport planes. I want to fly a B-24 Liberator bomber. Please Oleg Maddox, let us fly the planes! Please! Please! Pretty please with sugar on top. I want a European Theater where we get to fly B-17s or B-24s in the American campaigns. Please let us fly all the B-17 models, Oleg Maddox. I want to fly a B-17 or B-24 in the Pacific also. I want to fly a B-29 bomber in the Pacific too. Please create this epic anthology Oleg Maddox. I want to fly all the planes. Being a bomber pilot would be cool! Let's petition Ubisoft to let us fly all the planes in single player and have this epic anthology of a wonderful game! Come on everybody!

JG52Karaya-X
05-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Gimme gimme gimme

I want I want I want

Ok, seriously, the problem is that these non-flyable planes lack 3D cockpits and often also complex DMs and FMs, which would take one hell of a lot of time, and given the fact that most or all of the Maddox team have switched over to BoB:SoW it is most unlikely that we will ever see what you've demanded

On a sidenote: What would be more reasonable is taking cockpits of "related" or "similar" planes and tucking them on plane XY (P40 for P36 for example).

XyZspineZyX
05-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Patchman123:
Why not have an anthology of IL-2 Sturmovik and Pacific Fighters where we get to fly all the planes in the video games. That's right, fly all the planes in all the video games. Wouldn't that be nice? You get to fly a B-17, B-24, and B-29 in Single Player. Why don't they let us fly all the planes created in the game in single player? They should let us have a fly all option where we can fly all the planes ever created in IL-2 Sturmovik, IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles, Forgotten Aces,Pacific Fighters, and IL-2 Sturmovik 1946. Wouldn't that rock? I want to fly a B-17, a B-24, and B-29. I want to fly a C-47 and drop paratroopers with the 4 button on my joystick. I want to drop cargo with my C-47. I want to fly a JU-52 and transport planes. I want to fly a B-24 Liberator bomber. Please Oleg Maddox, let us fly the planes! Please! Please! Pretty please with sugar on top. I want a European Theater where we get to fly B-17s or B-24s in the American campaigns. Please let us fly all the B-17 models, Oleg Maddox. I want to fly a B-17 or B-24 in the Pacific also. I want to fly a B-29 bomber in the Pacific too. Please create this epic anthology Oleg Maddox. I want to fly all the planes. Being a bomber pilot would be cool! Let's petition Ubisoft to let us fly all the planes in single player and have this epic anthology of a wonderful game! Come on everybody!

First post, this is? Suspicious, you are making me

In case anyone reads this, and doesn't know that this thread is a nice little freshwater excursion with no size limit, who may wonder, "well, why not??", I'll tell you:

Why not? I will tell you why not

Somebody over at 1C:Maddox Games lost the Magic Wand that suspends time and also makes man-hours cost nothing, That's why not

Maddox Games is simply too busy working on their new simulation. if nobody's told you yet. support for this sim will be stopping in the near future

It's great to want this, but all of the developer's efforts and time are being spent on the new sim. Sorry. Theya ren't going to support this game until Doomsday just because a lot of people say "Yeah! You should do this now!"

It's not only just unreasonable to ask them to simultaneously fill in all the missing gaps that you, me, and each other person would like to see wrapped up here, while also expecting them to develop and release their new simulation, it's asinine.

It's well known that they are barely putting energy into this sim, and focusing on the first installment of the Storm of War series. People somehow forget that delays are caused by time issues. This sim is going to go away. Let them make the new one.

And a petition? A petition? Does this look like the Student Government to anyone? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Gaming Forum message board petitions are the absolute WORST. 10,000 names on an online petition, or 10,000,000 are not going to change the fact that this sim is going to stop enjoying support from the developer soon, and that developer is NOT UbiSoft. Maddox Games is working on the Storm of War series now. Sorry

Krt_Bong
05-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Chris You're a Gas, I Love you man! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Saburo_Sakai_
05-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Its great idea but think its impossible.But imagine this the title "IL2 FINAL REALISE" i belive it still can earn alot of money for Mr Oleg.If something like this will apear i will go to shop and will buy it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gifSiimple because like in main site 1 up review its"holy grail"of sims

Skycat_2
05-14-2007, 09:37 PM
If all you want to do is fly the B-17, B-24, B-29 and C-47 then consider that maybe it is more reasonable to find a sim that already offers these instead of wishing/petitioning 1C:MG to invest thousands of man-hours into creating interiors for these planes. Look for Aircraft Power Pack by Shockwave, and also get yourself a copy of Microsoft's FS9 or FSX. There are tons more WWII aircraft (free and payware) that can be added to FS9, and the list of FSX aircraft is growing quickly.

Payware can get expensive quickly, but some of my favorite flying experiences have come from high quality planes like MAAM's Briefing Time B-25; Shockwave's P-47 pack and P-51 packs; and other terrific models. Why bother with long-range bombers if you can't have long range missions? Try strapping in and flying a circuit from England to Berlin and back!

If doing that seems pointless without runnign a guantlet of flak, or seeing the blossoming fo HE bombs 30,000 ft below your ship, or firing twin .50s at Fw190s from a belly turret, then pick up CFS-3 after getting Aircraft Power Pack so you can enjoy the FirePower add-on that is included on APP. Free mod packs like Over Flanders Fields, the Korean War Theater Constrution Kit, and the upcoming Mediterranean Air War give CFS-3 added value.

avimimus
05-27-2007, 09:17 AM
All this said, there is that perennial heresy that we should be allowed to fly AI aircraft without cockpits in single player...

There is also that renegade who could have done this without Oleg's help up to version 4.06...

slappedsilly
06-02-2007, 09:52 AM
I say put the man hours into SoW. The Il2 engine is great, but its 6 years old. I'm interested in what a brand new engine from Oleg can do. If we can play the old one for 6+ years, I bet the SoW will completely blow us away.

stansdds
06-03-2007, 05:33 AM
Il2 has come to its end as it is, efforts are now focused on the Storm of War series. Time to stop beating the dead horse.

BrotherVoodoo
06-04-2007, 07:13 AM
BoB needs the attention now, not Il2. I for one do not want to wait another 2 years for it's release, do you? Let them focus on the future.

avimimus
06-18-2007, 03:34 PM
I predict that Oleg is about as likely to release 4.09 after BOB as he is before BOB (Oleg has indicated he might release a post BOB patch with some enhancements a year or so ago and given the schedules, nothing sooner seems likely).

pacman71
06-20-2007, 02:05 AM
Sorry Guys,

But it is already possible to use other cockpits for AI planes and fly them. Somebody posted a movie of a Morane with a Buffalo cockpit on U-Tube. Only he wont tell how to do it because he is afraid of cheaters in online games. So single player users... But it is possible, just as it is possible to tune the FM and DM, even loadouts..
The only point is that is is not publicly released... i dont know the name of the fellow, but i know it is the same guy who made a lot op operation flashpoint mods.

So Google a bit i would say..

Good luck...

And comparing CFS3 to IL2... pffffffffff like lead comparing to gold.

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2007, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by pacman71:
Sorry Guys,

But it is already possible to use other cockpits for AI planes and fly them. Somebody posted a movie of a Morane with a Buffalo cockpit on U-Tube. Only he wont tell how to do it because he is afraid of cheaters in online games. So single player users... But it is possible, just as it is possible to tune the FM and DM, even loadouts..
The only point is that is is not publicly released... i dont know the name of the fellow, but i know it is the same guy who made a lot op operation flashpoint mods.

So Google a bit i would say..

Good luck...

And comparing CFS3 to IL2... pffffffffff like lead comparing to gold.

What you don;t realise is that the cockpits done this way are not all 100% do-able

You see one cockpit done this way, and you assume it's easy as pie. This is the same situation with 6doF, where a video was seen by people, and suddenly, "Why no 6doF?!?!?It can be done!!!"

What you DON'T see is what the video-maker doesn't want you to see: cockpits clipping through fuselages, seeing sky through the cockpit, etc

People see somethin on Youtube, and suddenly it's God's Own Truth

mario1871
06-25-2007, 04:02 AM
I am not saying that its functional, i only pointed out that is possible.

And what i found out the last few days, its fairly easy to do.. even with a text editor like notepad. I figured out how they did it.. but i can't or even want to do it.... the IL2 series is a masterpiece, leave it that way. Otherwise we will get nicelooking **** like CFS2.

I only pointed out that the guys on U-tube can add cockpits... there is also one around of a HAWK 75 with a HAWK 81 cockpit or do.... just google it..

Greetings,

Gijs