PDA

View Full Version : Driver-Parallel Lines crashes on startup

slyronit
09-09-2007, 01:51 PM
I have a Compaq Presario laptop. It has the Intel 915Mobile Chipset. Shared video memory is 128Mb. Total system Ram is 1.5 Gb. Procesor is Intel Pentium 1.6 Ghz. O.S. is windows Vista. When I try to start the game, the window opens up and then the game crashes with an error report prompt. I have the latest drivers for all my devices. I know my system config sucks but atleast I think I should be able to run the game at minimum configuration. I tried compatibility mode but the problem persists. is this a problem with the O.S. or with my hardware? Should I invest the time to go back to XP to see if the game runs? Please help me out here..

driver_madness
09-15-2007, 08:07 PM
I'd be amazed if you got the game to run on those specs. 1.5gig of ram is impressive but with a lack of cpu and video memory you may not be able to get the game to run on your system.

Driver: Parallel Lines is also incompatible with Intel Chipsets, if you want me to look into it I can see if your chipset is incompatible it most likely is.

What I've said could be wrong, so I suggest you try and run the Detection Tool. If you cannot find this tool you can use the one in the following link
http://www.drivermadness.net/main/dload.php?action=file&file_id=110

then you can post the results this program gives you and I can try to further help you.

It would also help if you could give me more information on the error message you got when the game crashes!

If we ever get this game to run on your laptop, it won't look all that fancy, could be a good idea if you invest in a desktop pc. Until laptops come packed with better hardware.

adge0042
12-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Apperantly Driver does support certain types of chipset cards. If you open the Detection tool and click on the video card tab it will tell you which cards are compatible. Mind you I don't know which chipset cards would be. I have an Intel G33/G31 Express and it still won't work. It also says I need Direct X v.9. I have v.10. Weird

driver_madness
12-31-2007, 02:23 AM
Most games don't seem to work with Intel and other lower-end chipsets.
So if you every buy a computer and want to play games it's best to get either a NVidia or ATi.

I'd recommend Nvidia more because driver 3 and pl was made using their texture tools I believe. It probably doesn't make much difference but i've always found Nvidia works better with driver games.