PDA

View Full Version : video card NVIDIA 3/4 FX series NOT MX series

jjjanik
05-12-2005, 07:48 PM
When I bought SILENT HUNTER 111, I was greatly disappointed to find that there was no support
for the NVIDIA GeForce 3/4 MX series card.
It was awkward to see half a screen with no water and the U-boat floating in mid-air.
Will there be future support for MX series card?
I have been looking at the possibility of buying an FX series card but not at the present moment.
I have uninstalled SH3 for now until the bugs have been ironed out and new patches are available to support the NVIDIA MX series card.
If any!!!

Lovo_Kasistan
05-12-2005, 07:54 PM
The MX cards will never be supported as the devs would have to completely rewrite the engine for them.

The MX cards are "disguised" Geforce 2 cards that support only DirectX7 effects.

jjjanik
05-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Thanks for your immediate response regarding the above NVIDIA video card.
I was talking to a friend who works at a computer store about the problem I was having with SILENT HUNTER 3 regarding no water and half a screen.
When I mentioned about the support for FX series cards he showed me the video card I would require.
He also told the FX card would be the mainstream for all games coming. That the MX series were out and the FX were in.
Again, thanks for your response.

Frederf221
05-12-2005, 09:54 PM
MX is Nvidia's designation for "affordable" cards. And it is true that a GeForce 4MX is really a GeForce 2 at heart (or core rather), hence the not-being-good-enough.

If you wanted a good enough card I'd recommend something in the range of a FX5700, FX5900, 6600GT (not the 6600). These are reletively cheap cards that should run SHIII very nicely.