PDA

View Full Version : An Idea for a future Maddox Project

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 05:46 AM
Ive been watching the progress the of 1C Maddox games and I see a great big potencial . Ive had many Ideas swirling on my mind on how 1c maddox games can make a new project. I truely love the IL2 Sturmovik, Gameplay, 3D engine and enviorment. Ive been playing "BattleField 1942" for quite a while. Its a very arcadish game yet fun. What I'd like to see Maddox do is a game with similar gameplay. Making us able to use tanks on the IL2 3D engine. Being a foot soldier. Manding a Flak cannon . and riding the jeeps along with a large convoy of fellow players. Yet keeping realism in mind. Keeping the top notch Flight Models for the aircraft, Having realistic high detailed cockpit for the tanks. Would be very very fun driving a king tiger on the battlefield. Driving a sherman aswell. Again all with realism in mind just as maddox games has set as a standard for thier flight sim. Thats my dream of the perfect "WW2 Combat Simulator" . Would wet my pants if maddox games considers such a project. Tell me your thoughts guys.

S!

"The day we bombed metz, I ran out of cigarettes, I always smoke to calm my gut. They make them by the ton, but i haven't got a one, I simply cannot fly with out a butt. Oh the home front may be pitchin' but we still will do our mitchin Till we find some real smart cookie who can mass produce some nookie . lookie , I wanted wings 'till i got the damn things , now i dont want them anymore." -353rd Song

Message Edited on 10/02/0311:49PM by US_8th_RidgeRun

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 05:46 AM
Ive been watching the progress the of 1C Maddox games and I see a great big potencial . Ive had many Ideas swirling on my mind on how 1c maddox games can make a new project. I truely love the IL2 Sturmovik, Gameplay, 3D engine and enviorment. Ive been playing "BattleField 1942" for quite a while. Its a very arcadish game yet fun. What I'd like to see Maddox do is a game with similar gameplay. Making us able to use tanks on the IL2 3D engine. Being a foot soldier. Manding a Flak cannon . and riding the jeeps along with a large convoy of fellow players. Yet keeping realism in mind. Keeping the top notch Flight Models for the aircraft, Having realistic high detailed cockpit for the tanks. Would be very very fun driving a king tiger on the battlefield. Driving a sherman aswell. Again all with realism in mind just as maddox games has set as a standard for thier flight sim. Thats my dream of the perfect "WW2 Combat Simulator" . Would wet my pants if maddox games considers such a project. Tell me your thoughts guys.

S!

"The day we bombed metz, I ran out of cigarettes, I always smoke to calm my gut. They make them by the ton, but i haven't got a one, I simply cannot fly with out a butt. Oh the home front may be pitchin' but we still will do our mitchin Till we find some real smart cookie who can mass produce some nookie . lookie , I wanted wings 'till i got the damn things , now i dont want them anymore." -353rd Song

Message Edited on 10/02/0311:49PM by US_8th_RidgeRun

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 06:01 AM
Dan, i think you came up with a very good idea. i dont know how it would work though.

They proubly couldn't do this as a one sim though. They could mayby add like a tank sim, first persone sim and add them to a flight sim like FB, so they all could work together as one mayby.

I love your idea and think something like this could be done.

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 06:55 AM
I thought there was one...called Commandos 2 or something.

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 07:17 AM
there is a game they are doing now here link its made by MADDOX GAMES so it will be good http://gameguides.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/battlefieldcommand/preview_6028607.html

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 07:47 AM
WW2 Online has attempted this type of game already, and in some ways it works, but it doesn't look very good and it's a hell of a struggle for them to make it all work together and be both fun and realistic for pilots, tankers and grunts all at the same time. Unfortunately, computers aren't quite at the point where you can have a great flight sim engine running at the same time as a great land combat sim engine. Imagine trying to integrate an engine that has a 10 kilometer view distance (like FB) with an engine that typically has a less than 1 kilometer view distance (the best looking first-person shooter games). To have good ground-level graphics, the map would have to be restricted to a size that would make for very unrealistic air combat.

--AKD

http://www.flyingpug.com/pugline2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 08:01 AM
- Imagine trying to integrate an engine that has a 10
- kilometer view distance (like FB) with an engine
- that typically has a less than 1 kilometer view
- distance (the best looking first-person shooter
- games). To have good ground-level graphics, the map
- would have to be restricted to a size that would
- make for very unrealistic air combat.

Well if you compare it to the game Aces-High using a tank or a foot soldier, In the IL2 engine it would look ten times better 10 times over.

Reply to Brookt :

Battlefield command is more of a strategy game. Not taking control of the actual Soldier nor tank. Meening you cant mand a turret gun or aim thru a guns sights. Its all point and click with the mouse.

http://fwpscenery.homestead.com/files/mnaisen/8thsig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 08:09 AM
what are your throghts on this new game us 8th ,looks great dont you think

XyZspineZyX
10-04-2003, 02:16 AM
Indeed its looks like its going to be the best WW2 Stragety game of the year for sure if all goes well.

http://fwpscenery.homestead.com/files/mnaisen/8thsig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-04-2003, 05:44 PM
I beleive I am correct in saying that Oleg is considering a tank/air sim for his next big project, he won't do it for Il-2 as the veichle combat is not accurate enough to make it realistic.

__________________________________________________ Il-10

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 09:11 AM
have yall not heard of BATTLEFEILD COMMAND >???

its only the most talked about RTS that will totally own http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif