PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Multiplayer chat feature [POLL]

shop27C171CB8
03-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Even though Ubisoft has bigger issues to currently work on (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/9691085619) , I have taken the liberty to create this poll to get an opinion of you, the customer.

Here are two possible ideas. Pick the one you like by voting in the poll below!

CHATSYSTEM 1
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6301/chatsystem1.jpg

This concept is placed at the left bottom of the screen. (Or wherever Ubisoft actually likes to place it but with most games it's "standard" so I'm gonna suggest this to keep it traditional)
This concept allows you to click and talk in the various tabs displayed. (All-Team-Friend)
As you can see in the image "All" is highlighted thus resulting in all the text of various chats (All-Team-Friend) in 1 auto-scrollable section.
When you click on "Team" you will only see "Team" messages. Same goes with "Friend". That way, you can view and use what YOU want.

CHATSYSTEM 2
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/2193/chatsystem2.jpg

This concept is placed at the left center (or a bit up) of the screen. (Or wherever Ubisoft actually likes to place it but with most games it's "standard" so I'm gonna suggest this to keep it traditional)
This concept allows you to use <key1> to speak in "All". <key2> allows you to speak in "Team".
This concept is used in a lot of FPS games, such as Call of Duty.
No friend talk since quite frankly, I don't see the use of it with this layout.

These 2 concepts are the most traditional ways of having a chat feature on a Multiplayer based game and most customers (I hope?) will know what it would look like and / or it's purposes could be.
Ofcourse you'll have your typical spammer here and there but maybe we could use the "Blacklist User" feature within Assassins Creed Brotherhood to "Mute" such players.
Furthermore, censorship or not to the chat is the question and answer Ubisoft has to come up with.

Well, I hope this thread is a bit clear about what feature I am suggesting when it comes to having a Multiplayer chat feature.
Let the voting begin and Ubisoft keep up the great work!

shop27C171CB8
03-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Even though Ubisoft has bigger issues to currently work on (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/9691085619) , I have taken the liberty to create this poll to get an opinion of you, the customer.

Here are two possible ideas. Pick the one you like by voting in the poll below!

CHATSYSTEM 1
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6301/chatsystem1.jpg

This concept is placed at the left bottom of the screen. (Or wherever Ubisoft actually likes to place it but with most games it's "standard" so I'm gonna suggest this to keep it traditional)
This concept allows you to click and talk in the various tabs displayed. (All-Team-Friend)
As you can see in the image "All" is highlighted thus resulting in all the text of various chats (All-Team-Friend) in 1 auto-scrollable section.
When you click on "Team" you will only see "Team" messages. Same goes with "Friend". That way, you can view and use what YOU want.

CHATSYSTEM 2
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/2193/chatsystem2.jpg

This concept is placed at the left center (or a bit up) of the screen. (Or wherever Ubisoft actually likes to place it but with most games it's "standard" so I'm gonna suggest this to keep it traditional)
This concept allows you to use &lt;key1&gt; to speak in "All". &lt;key2&gt; allows you to speak in "Team".
This concept is used in a lot of FPS games, such as Call of Duty.
No friend talk since quite frankly, I don't see the use of it with this layout.

These 2 concepts are the most traditional ways of having a chat feature on a Multiplayer based game and most customers (I hope?) will know what it would look like and / or it's purposes could be.
Ofcourse you'll have your typical spammer here and there but maybe we could use the "Blacklist User" feature within Assassins Creed Brotherhood to "Mute" such players.
Furthermore, censorship or not to the chat is the question and answer Ubisoft has to come up with.

Well, I hope this thread is a bit clear about what feature I am suggesting when it comes to having a Multiplayer chat feature.
Let the voting begin and Ubisoft keep up the great work!

TSLlol
03-21-2011, 07:25 PM
I heavilly agree. It's so unsatisfying that 80% of the games I want to say "gg" and my hand is allready moving to press a chat key, but no http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Black_Widow9
03-22-2011, 04:28 AM
Please make sure you post your Feedback here-
AC Brotherhood PC Feedback Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/8771047519)

shop27C171CB8
03-22-2011, 04:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
AC Brotherhood PC Feedback Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/8771047519) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Wouldn't that become 1 big mess with others suggesting other things also and / or reporting (possible) bugs within the feedback thread and than me posting this?
I thought it would be more pleasant for customers and forum moderators to have a thread with "Suggestion &lt;name&gt; [POLL]"

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-22-2011, 04:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shop27C171CB8:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
AC Brotherhood PC Feedback Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/8771047519) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Wouldn't that become 1 big mess with others suggesting other things also and / or reporting (possible) bugs within the feedback thread and than me posting this?
I thought it would be more pleasant for customers and forum moderators to have a thread with "Suggestion &lt;name&gt; [POLL]" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

too late,that feedback thread has already been riddled with tech support and non feedback stuff from people too daft to read what a feedback threads for.

i keep checking it for actual game feedback and see very little.

back on topic...
will the chat feature have an anti spam and language filter ?
these game chats usually fall into name calling and obcenity fests.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

shop27C171CB8
03-22-2011, 04:54 AM
As mentioned in my first post,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shop27C171CB8:
Furthermore, censorship or not to the chat is the question and answer Ubisoft has to come up with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

paziek
03-22-2011, 05:05 AM
I would like to see chat while waiting for the game to start or players to gether. This is usually when you don't have anything else to do but chat about previous match or upcoming one.

ElleCore
03-22-2011, 09:15 AM
I agree with having a chat during the lobby before the match starts, but not during the match itself.

Marduk505
03-22-2011, 09:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ElleCore:
I agree with having a chat during the lobby before the match starts, but not during the match itself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

Fijut
03-22-2011, 10:43 AM
system 2, with a key to show previous chat you may have missed.

shop27C171CB8
03-22-2011, 10:58 AM
@paziek, ElleCore and Marduk505;
I've never been in a lobby longer than 20 seconds tops so not sure why a Multiplayer chat feature would be useful in the lobby.

Ofcourse, if you don't want to chat ingame than don't. Nobody would be forcing you.

A Multiplayer chat feature ingame would just more socialization while playing, something which is hard now.

DrNoesis
03-22-2011, 12:20 PM
voted, as theres been a few times id have killed to say "nice shot" or more often "out of the 20 barbers I had surrounding me as i did nothing for the last 5 mins, how the hell did you manage to just wander over out of nowhere and pick the right one to smack in the face?"

EDIT: to force system to replace signature with smaller one....

IncidentDK
03-22-2011, 01:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marduk505:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ElleCore:
I agree with having a chat during the lobby before the match starts, but not during the match itself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+2

If people were allowed to chat in the matches, I would get confused and feel it hard to play. I just want to do my best during the match,so please keep the matches clean of non-needed features.
People can chat in the lobby before/after the matches, there is a bit time for people to type "GLHF" and "GG"

DekarXeros
03-23-2011, 07:20 AM
I'd like the option of having the chat ingame or not.

I myself like talking to my teammates.
And tbh, the lobby is a timespan of like 15 sec.
What are you gonna discus in that time?

Some communication is mandatory tbh.
I dunno if voice is working atm, i've tried talking to my teammates a few times, but without a reply i cant tell if its working.

WTB CHAT!

Lord_Ethcaz
03-23-2011, 07:33 AM
I think we should have a chat feature whatsoever. Especially with the long loading times I had up to yesterday, I felt like a chat feature would really improve that aspect.
Possibly a chatbox to insta-chat with friends, like a sort of whisper/tell. I mean, the message function is cool, but I get a message and I have to quit whatever I'm doing to read it...
A tell/whisper channel to chat with specific friends, would be a mayor improvement.

And about the layout of the chat-feature, I really do think we need a tabbed version, or atleast, a function to ignore certain channels. And it should be customizable, so that, if I want, i can make it show only 3 lines. (I hate those huge designs posted in the first post, but as a concept, they're great)

ElleCore
03-23-2011, 09:18 AM
In my opinion having a chat during the match would make the people just stop around in the map to open the chat and type, and many even wine of "chatkills".

ARustyFirePlace
03-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Why would people not want this? Seriously? Are you kids new to PC gaming?

Honours
03-24-2011, 05:11 AM
Option 1 looks good to me.

I don't mind how the chat is implemented, AS LONG AS THERE IS CHAT. How on Earth can Ubisoft overlook such a basic thing?

Ubisoft should've known that there are some fundamental differences between PC and console games that need to be accounted for ... I.E. CHATTING.

TSLlol
03-24-2011, 08:53 PM
altough the chat shouldn't be in a distracting/view blocking place. And it shouldn't be distracting at all

mmdore
03-25-2011, 12:19 AM
the game is fun and worth of good laughs a chatting feature is needed. (If i see someone disguise ill type it on chat to ruin it for him wuahah)

ElleCore
03-25-2011, 11:07 AM
^ and that's exactly why there shouldn't be a chat during the match. Would ruin the stealth.

Xmbm
03-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Supported!

Mr_Shade
03-25-2011, 11:41 AM
In my opinion having a chat during the match would make the people just stop around in the map to open the chat and type, and many even wine of "chatkills". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Indeed..
My own personal opinion of this:

In a fast moving, action game, text chat is a little outdated.. and also can be an issue for players..

If people have to stand still to type, that would give people the opportunity to get a free kill on them, it would also make them stand out..

If headsets for PC's were expensive, then maybe I could kind of see the point, however with headsets costing under 5 - it's very little to spend..

If you don't want people hearing your voice, then that's a different matter...

DekarXeros
03-25-2011, 12:30 PM
With background music, sfx and whispers to listen to, i prefer chatting over voice.

Also, there's tons of places where you can stop moving and chat.

All hidden spots.
The only downside would be people giving away disguise, but really... how often is that gonne happen

freeze131
04-17-2011, 01:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ARustyFirePlace:
Why would people not want this? Seriously? Are you kids new to PC gaming? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This. This is the ONLY pc multiplayer game I've ever played that does not have a chat. Seriously, text chat is like multiplayer 101 for PC.

I really get the feeling Ubisoft doesn't care about PC as this just looks like a direct port (yes I know there's triple monitor support or something). All the new content we got was a DLC and triple monitor support. What ever happened to the PC version being more than just a port.

I understand why there isn't any text chat, it wouldn't of been feasible for the console versions so it wasn't implemented there and I bet Ubisoft didn't care about PC, and simply ported the game over; which is why there's no lobby either.

I wouldn't even mind it in the lobby. At least just going "Wow, that is a completely outrageous kill" or just expressing contempt at the overuse of poison.

To the people who say the chat can't be distracting, have you not played any games? Why not have a button (Such as T, or tab) that opens a interface that's rectangular along the bottom of the screen where you type. You can still see your surroundings so it doesn't block out the view.

Seriously, I like the game and all, but it seems Ubisoft just does not care about the PC version and just did it so they could get more sales.

EDIT: I just realised I bumped a month old thread; sorry about that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

yusufg
04-17-2011, 08:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freez131:
This. This is the ONLY pc multiplayer game I've ever played that does not have a chat. Seriously, text chat is like multiplayer 101 for PC.

I really get the feeling Ubisoft doesn't care about PC as this just looks like a direct port (yes I know there's triple monitor support or something). All the new content we got was a DLC and triple monitor support. What ever happened to the PC version being more than just a port.

I understand why there isn't any text chat, it wouldn't of been feasible for the console versions so it wasn't implemented there and I bet Ubisoft didn't care about PC, and simply ported the game over; which is why there's no lobby either.

I wouldn't even mind it in the lobby. At least just going "Wow, that is a completely outrageous kill" or just expressing contempt at the overuse of poison.

To the people who say the chat can't be distracting, have you not played any games? Why not have a button (Such as T, or tab) that opens a interface that's rectangular along the bottom of the screen where you type. You can still see your surroundings so it doesn't block out the view.

Seriously, I like the game and all, but it seems Ubisoft just does not care about the PC version and just did it so they could get more sales. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a shark in my roof, your argument is invalid.

AntiChrist7
04-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Before a chat feature, i want a possibility to mute people. especially when they do nothing than cursing

freeze131
04-17-2011, 12:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
Before a chat feature, i want a possibility to mute people. especially when they do nothing than cursing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe you can; I haven't delved into the voice chat feature, but a couple of people were talking about it in some other thread.