PDA

View Full Version : OT Silent Hunter 3

blairgowrie
06-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Just finished loading Silent Hunter 3 but when I enter the key code, I get a message that says the key code is wrong. On retry where it repeats the code I entered, it drops one of the numbers. I have tried it a couple of dozen times, all with the same result.

I have sent an e-mail to UBI Soft Customer Service but no response so far. Is there a telephone number I can call? Can't seem to find one.

Vittorio1
06-22-2005, 09:54 AM
strange one...............i set mine up and no problems, are you checking case sensative issues, also are you imputting the right key code, (from the right part), is it on the manual?, i seem to remember that i had a problem with SH3 as well, however i cant remember what it was, however i fixed it.....so anyway... good luck.

marco aka Vittorio 1(2)

VV_Holdenb
06-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Hi blairgowrie

I had the same problem.

You need to contact star-force, the chaps
that wrote the security key code.
here's their address:

support@star-force.com

I got a new key within 12 hours of posting. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
UBI support for this was not good to say the least !

Good luck!

Aeronautico
06-22-2005, 10:34 AM
Right in time for the new patch (1.4b).

http://patches.ubi.com/silent_hunter_3/

WWSensei
06-22-2005, 11:00 AM
I gave up on this game after a 2 weeks. Played fine the first week then Starforce started having an LE 1450 error of sometime. After spending a week with Ubi and Starforce tech support and numerous patches and re-installs I gave up. No more Starforce titles for me--it's worse than a virus.

Really hoping BoB doesn't use Starforce.

blairgowrie
06-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Thanks guys.

I did try the star-force.com website VV_Holdenb but wasn't sure what I was looking for.

But I will give them a retry. Many thanks.

victor51
06-22-2005, 11:22 AM
I think this is the same problem I had, and the answer was not typing in the second line of the key code. Try just typing the first five sets of code.

blairgowrie
06-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks victor51. That was the problem. Just before I read your post I got a reply from Star Force (within the hour) and they said the same as you.

As soon as I entered only the first line of code, the game loaded. Dare I say it, that is a real dumb way to lay out the code. I bet they get a ton of complaints about it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

d.burnette
06-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by WWSensei:
I gave up on this game after a 2 weeks. Played fine the first week then Starforce started having an LE 1450 error of sometime. After spending a week with Ubi and Starforce tech support and numerous patches and re-installs I gave up. No more Starforce titles for me--it's worse than a virus.

I hear ya. I was really looking foward to getting SH3, and from what I have seen, I really like the game. Too many issues trying to launch it for me though, half the time, while starforce is doing it's disk check thing, it comes back with errors. Just have to keep trying until it finally reads the disc properly and lets the game launch.

Too much hassle to try and get the game to play, so right now it looks like I wasted my money. Live and learn.

I have a very bad taste in my mouth for Starforce.

SHAKER214
07-01-2005, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by WWSensei:

Yep I agree.... I've been trying to get the game to run for two nights solid.... I'm through with Starforce titles also, and based on the lack of support, I'm through with Ubisoft.
SHAKER

SHAKER214
07-01-2005, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by victor51:
I think this is the same problem I had, and the answer was not typing in the second line of the key code. Try just typing the first five sets of code.

It would be nice if I was given the opportunity to type in the code.... all I got was Protection system: Error. I was never even allowed to type in a code.
I'm through with Ubi...... Potential buyers ... BEWARE!
Shaker

joeap
07-01-2005, 04:15 AM
Geez this is awful. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

SH3 is one of the most brilliant and immersive sims I've played in ages. The only one that could take me away from IL2. I got the dvd version and am very lucky I have had no issues with it. But the fact so many have and even given up on this great game just makes me really angry. Great move UBI. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Thing is so many games use it.

blairgowrie
07-01-2005, 06:19 AM
I have to agree with you joeap. In the past week, I have spent 4 times the amount of time on SH3 as I have on FB. And I love FB. I play the same SH3 mission over and over,in so many different ways, that it never gets boring.

jensenpark
07-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by blairgowrie:
I have to agree with you joeap. In the past week, I have spent 4 times the amount of time on SH3 as I have on FB. And I love FB. I play the same SH3 mission over and over,in so many different ways, that it never gets boring.

Hey BG: can you drive a UBoat drunk any better than you can fly drunk?
he he he

PBNA-Boosher
07-01-2005, 05:18 PM
YOu have a lot more time to do drunk stuff on board ships before the action hits. You're only moving 10 kts.