PDA

View Full Version : Gathering Information

mynameismyself
10-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Ok, so this was bothering me a little bit last night, and I hope it's not going to turn out this way.

Most of us should know by now that in order to locate and assassinate certain targets, you're going to need information. This is where the whole pickpocket, eavesdropping thing comes in. This sounds like a GREAT idea and all, but picture this -

'Before I start my assassination, I look on the IGN guides for my first target. I decide to skip all the beginning details; where to gather my information and such. It says my target is located in an alley behind a church. I go to the alley behind the church, and find nothing. After looking around for about half an hour, I decide to give up and leave. Almost immediately outside the alley, I see my target's bodyguard tell another fellow guard, "yeah, the boss is meeting him in the alley behind the church."

When the bodyguard finishes that sentence, my target suddenly appears in the alley behind the church.'

What I'm saying is... I hope that the information you gather aren't like keys. I hope that your targets won't magically appear in places you've searched a dozen times before just because you heard someone explain his location.

Thoughts?

jonavoly
10-06-2007, 12:50 PM
no, that won't happen, the subjects have their own whole life so they move around... You might have to follow them around or something...

SynvarenGT
10-06-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm going to take a guess and say assassinations will not only be given a place but also a time. So in the unlikely event that your second information giver (you need 2 for you to be able to continue (out of 6)) is RIGHT infront of where the assassination will take place, that there will be a time attached to it and you will have to leave/wait in hiding for the time to strike

Golani2007
10-06-2007, 02:08 PM
like the dude above me said, you need to things:
Time & Place

you got the place factor (behinde the chruch) but only after the time factor (which also was the 2 out of 6 info you need) you saw that your target arrived the place...

and is this seniro was your guess or something? or there is some vidao with that part?

A.B.O.Y
10-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Why would you want to use a guide to tell you where to find things it would ruin the whole point of the "Gathering Information"?

mynameismyself
10-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Goose1994:
Why would you want to use a guide to tell you where to find things it would ruin the whole point of the "Gathering Information"?

Speedruns, for example.

Anicrow
10-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Speed running assassin's creed, at this point, sounds logically doom-ish.

Considering it is more then likely that there is a time and a place your "supposed" to Assassinate your target.

One of the things I always was wondered was..lets say I get bored and decide to kill everyone, I mean everyone and everything. What happens if I happen to pick off a target or two :P? (Assuming this is possible, which more then likely, is not.)

saros.exe
10-06-2007, 06:00 PM
I think it will be realistic and for example, Talal mission, the door to his hideout will be locked until you get those 2 required infos

danny.b87
10-07-2007, 10:33 AM
i think the info is just there to make it easier to find someone
if im right patrice can find his targets without info
so that means you dont neccecarily need info to get to you target
thats what i think

NotLordAtkin
10-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by danny.b87:
i think the info is just there to make it easier to find someone
if im right patrice can find his targets without info
so that means you dont neccecarily need info to get to you target
thats what i think

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

but there are going to be 3 cities and each of them will be so big, that you will have to gather some info, if you dont want to spend three days without sleeping searching for the target.

SynvarenGT
10-07-2007, 10:45 AM
They have said in many interviews that you NEED atleast 2/6 information BEFORE you can work to you're target. They have never said anything different and by that information its logical to say that all outdoor assassinations will have a time and you will not know that time (thus it won't happen till you do) otherwise it will be an indoor assassination which you cannot gain entry until you have enough information.

Atleast thats how I see it. I could be wrong.

JackDanny
10-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Any1 Know wot Rating it Gonna b

SynvarenGT
10-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Search function is your friend.

FableB
10-07-2007, 10:52 AM
That is a very good point there, mynameismyself. I too hope that the target won't just appear only after you have the informations. But I think it won't happen, because we already know that each person in the game has his/her life, including the targets, that have their routine. It would be cool to run into people without knowing that you may have to kill them later.

Marick098
10-07-2007, 10:55 AM
lol ur going to use a guide, wow

DemonikCrow666
10-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by mynameismyself:
Ok, so this was bothering me a little bit last night, and I hope it's not going to turn out this way.

Most of us should know by now that in order to locate and assassinate certain targets, you're going to need information. This is where the whole pickpocket, eavesdropping thing comes in. This sounds like a GREAT idea and all, but picture this -

'Before I start my assassination, I look on the IGN guides for my first target. I decide to skip all the beginning details; where to gather my information and such. It says my target is located in an alley behind a church. I go to the alley behind the church, and find nothing. After looking around for about half an hour, I decide to give up and leave. Almost immediately outside the alley, I see my target's bodyguard tell another fellow guard, "yeah, the boss is meeting him in the alley behind the church."

When the bodyguard finishes that sentence, my target suddenly appears in the alley behind the church.'

What I'm saying is... I hope that the information you gather aren't like keys. I hope that your targets won't magically appear in places you've searched a dozen times before just because you heard someone explain his location.

Thoughts? Nope, not at all like that, Assassin's Creed is a Real-Time game meaning that everything in the world happens even if you are not there, just liek in Elder Scrolls Oblivion. For example let's say a guy goes says he's gonna kill some dude in three days (or seven to make it more referency) If you go there in 1 day he won't be there, if you decide to wait for all three days while you are in said location in the third day is when you'll see him walk in and kill the guy. By the way so you don't get a bit skeptic, 1 game world day is usually around 2 real world hours.