PDA

View Full Version : Does height effect flak accuracy

Airmail109
04-02-2008, 12:59 PM
For example when I'm vulching I scream along the deck about one foot off the ground until im at least 1/2km from the flak. (Sorry guys, airfield denial is my personal favorite it amuses me far more than air combat http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif)

Does this actually reduce the accuracy of the flak, having to follow a target going so low?

SeaFireLIV
04-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Well, it does make it harder for Flak to hit you since there may be ground obstacles. The further away you get the less acurate will become the Flak, but this is true if 5000feet vertical as 5000 feet horizontal away from the target.

Airmail109
04-02-2008, 01:20 PM
That sucks a little, would be nice if it was a little more historically accurate where pilots would go as low as possible because its harder for aaa to pull lead on them. But yes obstacles make it harder. Although the flak tends to shoot at the obstacles anyway (control towers, hangars, other aircraft)

AAA should stop shooting when it's aiming at its own airbase as well lol

M_Gunz
04-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Curving back and forth while varying height unpredictably works very well.
Even AI shots have time of flight. Get some distance and you can change before even the best
shot can getcha. AI only leads well against straight, level and steady speed targets.

spiffalski
04-02-2008, 02:07 PM
The AA train is the best/worst for coming in low attack. The gunner on that blows himself and the train up!

I don't think it will ever be as realistic until you can really fly just above the forest (too hard to see the tops atm) and there are more ground objects

DKoor
04-02-2008, 03:42 PM
AA is insane.... even more than gunners.
Gunners can occasionally kill their friendly bombers in formation because they are between you and the gunner, but the AA is something completely different. Probably only because of magnitude, insane will is likely the same.

They go medieval on their own field every time they see enemy aircraft (and sometimes ground enemies too). They kill everything friendly that accidentally comes on their way - trucks, cars, infrastructure, their AA buddies, friendly aircraft that helps them repel enemy aircraft and so on...... they have absolutely no restrictions to their madness.

Phobia337
04-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Best way to avoid AA = Wrap plane in bubble then place NAV lights on combined with Wing tip smoke and you have a ball of swrilling, glowing smoke. They mistake this for a Hot air ballon.

You welcome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

foxyboy1964
04-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by DKoor:
AA is insane.... even more than gunners.
Gunners can occasionally kill their friendly bombers in formation because they are between you and the gunner, but the AA is something completely different. Probably only because of magnitude, insane will is likely the same.

They go medieval on their own field every time they see enemy aircraft (and sometimes ground enemies too). They kill everything friendly that accidentally comes on their way - trucks, cars, infrastructure, their AA buddies, friendly aircraft that helps them repel enemy aircraft and so on...... they have absolutely no restrictions to their madness.

The worst is when you are floating down in your chute, above your own field, and your own flak is going wahoo trying to blow everything out of the sky, including you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif