PDA

View Full Version : 'Send contact report'

themoffster
06-24-2005, 07:39 PM
I'vve heard that if you are close to your own bases that the Luftwaffe do bombing runs on your target.
Do friendly ships steam in your direction too?
I am still to see a friendly ship in the game without external cameraing to see the flags etc when leaving port.

It'd be a nice touch if you got some support if you are in trouble.
Also, assuming you are near Dover and you report contact. How long would you have to wait before the bombers came in?

Ratek
06-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Yihaaa... E-boats to the rescue. **** that would be a nice distraction for you. All the destroyers off fighting those naty little buggers while you sink the entire convoy.

But no, I don't think this happens sadly.

Who wouldn't love to see von Hipper rip into a convoy? Or Bismarck for that matter. Can you say 'instakill'?
And that is pretty much why I would love to see cruisers guard the very big/important convoys. A Fiji and two Didos would be a nice adittion to the normal Tribals, Clemsons and Flowers.

toddwr88
06-27-2005, 09:22 AM
How do you send one I have never gotton it to work my self, I hit the buttom on the message screen but nothing ever happens.

themoffster
06-27-2005, 09:51 AM
I click on the radioman icon->reports->send contact report (middle of the three buttons).
Never had anything happen as a result (no planes coming to help etc), but it does say "report sent".

Jester_159th
06-27-2005, 10:05 AM
You've got have visual on the contact at the time you send the report.

But the only thing I've ever seen was an acknowledgement from BdU. If you haven't got the contact in sight when you send the report, you don't even get that. Dunno if contact reports count towards your reknown standing or not.

The_Third_Half
06-27-2005, 12:22 PM
If your near a german base, you can get stukkas to show up, in around an hour