PDA

View Full Version : Desmond facial change is not that bad

Radman500
11-17-2011, 08:11 PM
i mean i understand why ubisoft did it.. updated engine/graphics etc..

i like the original face better, but this one isn't that bad, and were just have to get used to it

Shaunzy95
11-18-2011, 05:15 AM
At first when I saw him I thought he looked like Adam Sandler. But like Altair's voice change, I'm used to it now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Krayus Korianis
11-18-2011, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Shaunzy95:
At first when I saw him I thought he looked like Adam Sandler. But like Altair's voice change, I'm used to it now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yea, Desmond does have an egg shaped head...

Shaunzy95
11-18-2011, 10:33 AM
He does. I've yet to try the Desmond skin. Wonder if it's old Desmond or "Egg" Desmond.

SolidSage
11-18-2011, 11:18 AM
I like the aging and weathering. ACR Desmond is more better.

iN3krO
11-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:

Aging in 5 days? Love that concept :O

CRUDFACE
11-18-2011, 11:01 PM
It's kind of impossible to argue an opinion, lol. The other characters have more to them now with the change. I always liked Altair though. But Desmond looks so old...lol, I liked it more when people told me his face was jumbled because of being in the black room.

iN3krO
11-19-2011, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
It's kind of impossible to argue an opinion, lol. The other characters have more to them now with the change. I always liked Altair though. But Desmond looks so old...lol, I liked it more when people told me his face was jumbled because of being in the black room.

it's imposible to be due to age... if it's like the others assasin's creed, in real-life it only passes 5days or anything like that....

Plus, he couldn't age so much cuz the world would have ended in some weeks?

LightRey
11-19-2011, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

it's imposible to be due to age... if it's like the others assasin's creed, in real-life it only passes 5days or anything like that....

Plus, he couldn't age so much cuz the world would have ended in some weeks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're right. The changes (except for him being unshaven) are purely due to the fact that the graphics have been updated and the model was rescanned.

jerajdai
11-20-2011, 04:55 AM
Does anyone know if they used a new face model?

CRUDFACE
11-20-2011, 05:02 AM
@jerajdai: they asked the same guy to come in. That's the same person who modeled for Desmond since the beginning I believe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Plus, he couldn't age so much cuz the world would have ended in some weeks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who said that he aged? I said he looks older than before. It's just because of the graphics.

MrAnarchist
11-20-2011, 05:43 AM
Anyone else notice desmond's scar is missing now?

iN3krO
11-20-2011, 08:38 AM
@jerajdai: they asked the same guy to come in. That's the same person who modeled for Desmond since the beginning I believe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Who said that he aged? I said he looks older than before. It's just because of the graphics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This guy:

jango350
11-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Radman500:
i mean i understand why ubisoft did it.. updated engine/graphics etc..

i like the original face better, but this one isn't that bad, and were just have to get used to it

Do you have a black and white television?

EvolutionIXMR
11-20-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't think they should have changed Desmond's or Altair's face at all.

LightRey
11-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by EvolutionIXMR:
They didn't actually change it. They just updated the graphics and rescanned the model. They didn't actually modify anything.

GeneralTrumbo
11-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by EvolutionIXMR:

They rescanned the actor's face! They didn't change anything! This is just an upgrade to graphics!

CRUDFACE
11-20-2011, 12:31 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Who said that he aged? I said he looks older than before. It's just because of the graphics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This guy:

I like the aging and weathering. ACR Desmond is more better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMao, I'm saying that YOU GUYS, meaning you and Lightrey both assumed I said it was because of aging. I just said he looks old is all, not that he is old.

LightRey
11-20-2011, 02:53 PM
LMao, I'm saying that YOU GUYS, meaning you and Lightrey both assumed I said it was because of aging. I just said he looks old is all, not that he is old.
Whoa whoa, leave me outta this. All I did was make sure we were all on the same page.

zhengyingli
11-20-2011, 03:21 PM
My first impression was that the characters look weird, but the similarities far outweigh the differences, in my opinion. As far as looking older, I think that's purely the work of the Animus due to the fact that he looked closer to his previous version (Brotherhood) at the beginning of the game when he's laying unconsciously on Baby. All in all, not a big deal.

G-Pan
11-20-2011, 08:17 PM
How can you say that the facial change for Desmond is not that bad?

He looks horrible... It's like when they changed the face for lucy on AC2 but 1000 times worse.

NewBlade200
11-20-2011, 08:24 PM
The only reason Des looks old is because he hasn't killed enough. Just look at Ezio. He looks great! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif