PDA

View Full Version : UQMG (UberQuick Mission Generator) for IL-2 FB RELEASED!

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 02:34 AM
Hey Oleg,

Thanks for the E-mail. It's been a while since I heard from you. Hope you get better.

Anyway, after a long time here is the result of UQMG. If you have time, take a look at it.

UQMG for IL-2 Forgotten Battles is released and available for download at www.uberdemon.com (http://www.uberdemon.com).
This is what it looks like:
<A HREF=http://www.uberdemon.com</A>/pictures/uqmg4fb0000.jpg">

http://www.uberdemon.com/pictures/uqmg4fb0000.jpg

Before the details, I must say that it is what I wanted it to be, and the unannounced feature is probably the coolest one: Now UQMG automatically creates 3 versions of every mission made:
- Single Player (you knew that)
- Coop (you knew that)
- Dogfight Arena (YES, You read it right!)

Highlights of the Full Release:
===========================================
* Fully Compatible with IL-2 FB Patches 1.11 (the one just released) and 1.1b. Compatible with 1.0 but with issues with certain aircraft that did not take off from outside of airfields - not a big deal.

* Dogfight Arena Generator - This is a HUGE deal. Now you get to play 2-team dogfights based on teh mission templates, and you can let all bases be enabled it you want.

* Every Map is Available for different types of missions. Some only for Dogfights, but patches with other mission types will be coming out soon.

* Integrated Aircraft Database - This is a neat feature. Not only you get data, and pictures, but you can also sort and and produce a specific list of aircraft based on the criteria you specify - for example, give me all 1942 Soviet fighter-bombers that had a single in-line engine...

* Rule/Random Generator - Before, you could only use sets of airplanes in Random Generated missions. Now you can use the set for 3 tasks:
1 - Random Missions with aircraft belonging to a particular time period/battle.
2 - Edit flights with aircraft selection limited by the current set
3 - Automatically specify aircraft from the Set to be included in the correct teams for Dogfights. (There are 111 Rule sets, with only Flyable and with a mix of AI and Flyable aircraft.)

* Aircraft Editor - New features to help you generate missions quicker, plus, you can specify if and how a flight will conduct air combat and/or ground attack.

* Mission Features - Too many to describe. You can have anything from barebones (no objects) to complex and interactive.

* GUI Improvements - Too many to describe.

* Maps and Missions - Here is the list included with the release, but patches and updates will come out soon:

- Net 1 "Northwestern City" (Summer): 11 Types of Missions
- Net 1 "Northwestern City" (Winter): 23 Types of Missions
- Net 2 "Plains" (Summer): 8 Types of Missions
- Net 2 "Plains" (Winter): 8 Types of Missions
- Net I "Clockwork Islands" (Summer/Sea): 10 Types of Missions
- Net 3 "Channel" (Summer/Sea): 1 Type of Mission (Complex/Enhanced Template)
- Net 5 "Small Gulf of Finland" (Summer/Sea): 1 Type of Mission (Complex/Enhanced Template), Additional unique and different Dogfight Arena
- Lvov (Summer): 1 Type of Mission (Complex/Enhanced Template)
- Smolensk (Summer): 3 Types of Missions
- Stalingrad (Summer): 15 Types of Missions
- Stalingrad (Winter): 15 Types of Missions

The following maps are only available for MP Dogfights, however are all different and have a variety of scenarios including naval battles and ground battles. Every base is populated with AA, Sirens, Searchlights, Baloons (where applicable.). Different areas of the maps may include AA and other objects (For example: Cities). Eventually all maps will be updated with missions.
- Net 4 "Mountains" (Summer)
- Net 6 "Square Valley Island" (Summer/Sea)
- Net 7 "Racing Islands" (Summer/Sea)
- Balaton (Summer)
- Balaton (Winter)
- Berlin (Summer): This is quite awesome. Flying over Berlin near Hitler's old office is quite suicidal for Allies. Flying at night produces awesome Searchlight and tracer effects. The Front Markers are layed in such a way that you could have simultaneous attacks from the West (US Forces) and the East (Soviet Forces.)
- Crimea (Summer/Sea): Another great map with plenty of Naval Action. The two major cities are well guarded. Try flying into Sevastopol... watch out for plenty of barrage baloons.
- Gulf of Finland (Summer/Sea): Another extremely complex DF map. St Petersburg (Leningrad) is definitely well protected. Forts and other constructions are well guarded. Plenty of Naval Action.
- Gulf of Finland (Winter/Sea): Same as Summer Map.
- Kuban (Summer/Sea): Similar to Crimea, with much Naval Action, but more concentrated on Ports.
- Kursk (Summer): This is a Fun one. Look for a huge tank and artillery battle taking place, with rocket launchers and all. This represents the Northern part of the Battle of Kursk.
- Moscow (Summer)
- Moscow (Winter)
- Prokhorovka (Summer): This is one of the most Fun ones. Look for a huge tank and artillery battle taking place, with rocket launchers and all. I played by myself for hours and the battle continued on. The city was basically destroyed, and there were plenty of Armor left. This represents the Southern part of the Battle of Kursk.

* Rule Sets - These are sets used to define which aircraft are available. There are 111 sets to choose from:

(A) = Set includes both Flyable and Artificial Intelligence (non-Flyable) aircraft
(F) = Set includes only Flyable aircraft
(U) = Set is unrestricted. Any team can select any plane available
(R) = Set limits the type of aircraft available based on team

Sets:
==============
(A)(U) Unlimited
(A)(R) Unlimited
(A)(R) 1939 Planes
(A)(R) 1940 Planes
(A)(R) 1941 Planes
(A)(R) 1942 Planes
(A)(R) 1943 Planes
(A)(R) 1944 Planes
(A)(R) 1945 Planes
(A)(U) 1939 Planes
(A)(U) 1940 Planes
(A)(U) 1941 Planes
(A)(U) 1942 Planes
(A)(U) 1943 Planes
(A)(U) 1944 Planes
(A)(U) 1945 Planes
(F)(R) All Flyables
(F)(U) All Flyables
(F)(R) 1939 Flyables
(F)(R) 1940 Flyables
(F)(R) 1941 Flyables
(F)(R) 1942 Flyables
(F)(R) 1943 Flyables
(F)(R) 1944 Flyables
(F)(R) 1945 Flyables
(F)(U) 1939 Flyables
(F)(U) 1940 Flyables
(F)(U) 1941 Flyables
(F)(U) 1942 Flyables
(F)(U) 1943 Flyables
(F)(U) 1944 Flyables
(F)(U) 1945 Flyables
(A)(R) Bi-Planes
(F)(U) Bi-planes
(A)(R) Uber-Planes
(F)(R) Uber-Planes
(A)(R) Piston Uber-Planes
(F)(R) Piston Uber-Planes
(A)(R) Rockets & Jets
(F)(R) Rockets & Jets
(A)(U) Rockets & Jets
(F)(U) Rockets & Jets
(A)(R) 1939 Spain
(F)(R) 1939 Spain
(A)(R) 1939 Poland
(F)(R) 1939 Poland
(A)(R) 1940 France
(F)(R) 1940 France
(A)(R) 1940 UK BoB
(F)(R) 1940 UK BoB
(A)(R) 1941 UK Channel Day
(F)(R) 1941 UK Channel Day
(A)(R) 1942 UK Channel Day
(F)(R) 1942 UK Channel Day
(A)(R) 1943 UK Channel Day
(F)(R) 1943 UK Channel Day
(A)(R) 1944 UK Channel Day
(F)(R) 1944 UK Channel Day
(A)(R) 1945 UK Channel Day
(F)(R) 1945 UK Channel Day
(A)(R) 1940 UK Night
(F)(R) 1940 UK Night
(A)(R) 1941 UK Night
(F)(R) 1941 UK Night
(A)(R) 1942 UK Night
(F)(R) 1942 UK Night
(A)(R) 1943 UK Night
(F)(R) 1943 UK Night
(A)(R) 1944 UK Night
(F)(R) 1944 UK Night
(A)(R) 1945 UK Night
(F)(R) 1945 UK Night
(A)(R) 1941 USSR
(F)(R) 1941 USSR
(A)(R) 1942 USSR
(F)(R) 1942 USSR
(A)(R) 1943 USSR
(F)(R) 1943 USSR
(A)(R) 1944 USSR
(F)(R) 1944 USSR
(A)(R) 1945 USSR
(F)(R) 1945 USSR
(A)(R) 1940 Finland
(F)(R) 1940 Finland
(A)(R) 1941 Finland
(F)(R) 1941 Finland
(A)(R) 1942 Finland
(F)(R) 1942 Finland
(A)(R) 1943 Finland
(F)(R) 1943 Finland
(A)(R) 1944 Finland
(F)(R) 1944 Finland
(A)(R) 1940 N. Africa
(F)(R) 1940 N. Africa
(A)(R) 1941 N. Africa
(F)(R) 1941 N. Africa
(A)(R) 1942 N. Africa
(F)(R) 1942 N. Africa
(A)(R) 1943 N. Africa
(F)(R) 1943 N. Africa
(A)(R) 1941 Balkans & Malta
(F)(R) 1941 Balkans & Malta
(A)(R) 1943 Italy
(F)(R) 1943 Italy
(A)(R) 1944 Italy
(F)(R) 1944 Italy
(A)(R) 1943 Mighty 8th vs Luftwaffe
(F)(R) 1943 Mighty 8th vs Luftwaffe
(A)(R) 1944 Mighty 8th vs Luftwaffe
(F)(R) 1944 Mighty 8th vs Luftwaffe
(A)(R) 1945 Mighty 8th vs Luftwaffe
(F)(R) 1945 Mighty 8th vs Luftwaffe

Well, I hope you have some time to take a look at it.

Best Regards,
Demon/├┼ôberDemon
uberdemon@uberdemon.com
http://www.uberdemon.com

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 02:34 AM
Hey Oleg,

Thanks for the E-mail. It's been a while since I heard from you. Hope you get better.

Anyway, after a long time here is the result of UQMG. If you have time, take a look at it.

UQMG for IL-2 Forgotten Battles is released and available for download at www.uberdemon.com (http://www.uberdemon.com).
This is what it looks like:
<A HREF=http://www.uberdemon.com</A>/pictures/uqmg4fb0000.jpg">

http://www.uberdemon.com/pictures/uqmg4fb0000.jpg

Before the details, I must say that it is what I wanted it to be, and the unannounced feature is probably the coolest one: Now UQMG automatically creates 3 versions of every mission made:
- Single Player (you knew that)
- Coop (you knew that)
- Dogfight Arena (YES, You read it right!)

Highlights of the Full Release:
===========================================
* Fully Compatible with IL-2 FB Patches 1.11 (the one just released) and 1.1b. Compatible with 1.0 but with issues with certain aircraft that did not take off from outside of airfields - not a big deal.

* Dogfight Arena Generator - This is a HUGE deal. Now you get to play 2-team dogfights based on teh mission templates, and you can let all bases be enabled it you want.

* Every Map is Available for different types of missions. Some only for Dogfights, but patches with other mission types will be coming out soon.

* Integrated Aircraft Database - This is a neat feature. Not only you get data, and pictures, but you can also sort and and produce a specific list of aircraft based on the criteria you specify - for example, give me all 1942 Soviet fighter-bombers that had a single in-line engine...

* Rule/Random Generator - Before, you could only use sets of airplanes in Random Generated missions. Now you can use the set for 3 tasks:
1 - Random Missions with aircraft belonging to a particular time period/battle.
2 - Edit flights with aircraft selection limited by the current set
3 - Automatically specify aircraft from the Set to be included in the correct teams for Dogfights. (There are 111 Rule sets, with only Flyable and with a mix of AI and Flyable aircraft.)

* Aircraft Editor - New features to help you generate missions quicker, plus, you can specify if and how a flight will conduct air combat and/or ground attack.

* Mission Features - Too many to describe. You can have anything from barebones (no objects) to complex and interactive.

* GUI Improvements - Too many to describe.

* Maps and Missions - Here is the list included with the release, but patches and updates will come out soon:

- Net 1 "Northwestern City" (Summer): 11 Types of Missions
- Net 1 "Northwestern City" (Winter): 23 Types of Missions
- Net 2 "Plains" (Summer): 8 Types of Missions
- Net 2 "Plains" (Winter): 8 Types of Missions
- Net I "Clockwork Islands" (Summer/Sea): 10 Types of Missions
- Net 3 "Channel" (Summer/Sea): 1 Type of Mission (Complex/Enhanced Template)
- Net 5 "Small Gulf of Finland" (Summer/Sea): 1 Type of Mission (Complex/Enhanced Template), Additional unique and different Dogfight Arena
- Lvov (Summer): 1 Type of Mission (Complex/Enhanced Template)
- Smolensk (Summer): 3 Types of Missions
- Stalingrad (Summer): 15 Types of Missions
- Stalingrad (Winter): 15 Types of Missions

The following maps are only available for MP Dogfights, however are all different and have a variety of scenarios including naval battles and ground battles. Every base is populated with AA, Sirens, Searchlights, Baloons (where applicable.). Different areas of the maps may include AA and other objects (For example: Cities). Eventually all maps will be updated with missions.
- Net 4 "Mountains" (Summer)
- Net 6 "Square Valley Island" (Summer/Sea)
- Net 7 "Racing Islands" (Summer/Sea)
- Balaton (Summer)
- Balaton (Winter)
- Berlin (Summer): This is quite awesome. Flying over Berlin near Hitler's old office is quite suicidal for Allies. Flying at night produces awesome Searchlight and tracer effects. The Front Markers are layed in such a way that you could have simultaneous attacks from the West (US Forces) and the East (Soviet Forces.)
- Crimea (Summer/Sea): Another great map with plenty of Naval Action. The two major cities are well guarded. Try flying into Sevastopol... watch out for plenty of barrage baloons.
- Gulf of Finland (Summer/Sea): Another extremely complex DF map. St Petersburg (Leningrad) is definitely well protected. Forts and other constructions are well guarded. Plenty of Naval Action.
- Gulf of Finland (Winter/Sea): Same as Summer Map.
- Kuban (Summer/Sea): Similar to Crimea, with much Naval Action, but more concentrated on Ports.
- Kursk (Summer): This is a Fun one. Look for a huge tank and artillery battle taking place, with rocket launchers and all. This represents the Northern part of the Battle of Kursk.
- Moscow (Summer)
- Moscow (Winter)
- Prokhorovka (Summer): This is one of the most Fun ones. Look for a huge tank and artillery battle taking place, with rocket launchers and all. I played by myself for hours and the battle continued on. The city was basically destroyed, and there were plenty of Armor left. This represents the Southern part of the Battle of Kursk.

* Rule Sets - These are sets used to define which aircraft are available. There are 111 sets to choose from:

(A) = Set includes both Flyable and Artificial Intelligence (non-Flyable) aircraft
(F) = Set includes only Flyable aircraft
(U) = Set is unrestricted. Any team can select any plane available
(R) = Set limits the type of aircraft available based on team

Sets:
==============
(A)(U) Unlimited
(A)(R) Unlimited
(A)(R) 1939 Planes
(A)(R) 1940 Planes
(A)(R) 1941 Planes
(A)(R) 1942 Planes
(A)(R) 1943 Planes
(A)(R) 1944 Planes
(A)(R) 1945 Planes
(A)(U) 1939 Planes
(A)(U) 1940 Planes
(A)(U) 1941 Planes
(A)(U) 1942 Planes
(A)(U) 1943 Planes
(A)(U) 1944 Planes
(A)(U) 1945 Planes
(F)(R) All Flyables
(F)(U) All Flyables
(F)(R) 1939 Flyables
(F)(R) 1940 Flyables
(F)(R) 1941 Flyables
(F)(R) 1942 Flyables
(F)(R) 1943 Flyables
(F)(R) 1944 Flyables
(F)(R) 1945 Flyables
(F)(U) 1939 Flyables
(F)(U) 1940 Flyables
(F)(U) 1941 Flyables
(F)(U) 1942 Flyables
(F)(U) 1943 Flyables
(F)(U) 1944 Flyables
(F)(U) 1945 Flyables
(A)(R) Bi-Planes
(F)(U) Bi-planes
(A)(R) Uber-Planes
(F)(R) Uber-Planes
(A)(R) Piston Uber-Planes
(F)(R) Piston Uber-Planes
(A)(R) Rockets & Jets
(F)(R) Rockets & Jets
(A)(U) Rockets & Jets
(F)(U) Rockets & Jets
(A)(R) 1939 Spain
(F)(R) 1939 Spain
(A)(R) 1939 Poland
(F)(R) 1939 Poland
(A)(R) 1940 France
(F)(R) 1940 France
(A)(R) 1940 UK BoB
(F)(R) 1940 UK BoB
(A)(R) 1941 UK Channel Day
(F)(R) 1941 UK Channel Day
(A)(R) 1942 UK Channel Day
(F)(R) 1942 UK Channel Day
(A)(R) 1943 UK Channel Day
(F)(R) 1943 UK Channel Day
(A)(R) 1944 UK Channel Day
(F)(R) 1944 UK Channel Day
(A)(R) 1945 UK Channel Day
(F)(R) 1945 UK Channel Day
(A)(R) 1940 UK Night
(F)(R) 1940 UK Night
(A)(R) 1941 UK Night
(F)(R) 1941 UK Night
(A)(R) 1942 UK Night
(F)(R) 1942 UK Night
(A)(R) 1943 UK Night
(F)(R) 1943 UK Night
(A)(R) 1944 UK Night
(F)(R) 1944 UK Night
(A)(R) 1945 UK Night
(F)(R) 1945 UK Night
(A)(R) 1941 USSR
(F)(R) 1941 USSR
(A)(R) 1942 USSR
(F)(R) 1942 USSR
(A)(R) 1943 USSR
(F)(R) 1943 USSR
(A)(R) 1944 USSR
(F)(R) 1944 USSR
(A)(R) 1945 USSR
(F)(R) 1945 USSR
(A)(R) 1940 Finland
(F)(R) 1940 Finland
(A)(R) 1941 Finland
(F)(R) 1941 Finland
(A)(R) 1942 Finland
(F)(R) 1942 Finland
(A)(R) 1943 Finland
(F)(R) 1943 Finland
(A)(R) 1944 Finland
(F)(R) 1944 Finland
(A)(R) 1940 N. Africa
(F)(R) 1940 N. Africa
(A)(R) 1941 N. Africa
(F)(R) 1941 N. Africa
(A)(R) 1942 N. Africa
(F)(R) 1942 N. Africa
(A)(R) 1943 N. Africa
(F)(R) 1943 N. Africa
(A)(R) 1941 Balkans & Malta
(F)(R) 1941 Balkans & Malta
(A)(R) 1943 Italy
(F)(R) 1943 Italy
(A)(R) 1944 Italy
(F)(R) 1944 Italy
(A)(R) 1943 Mighty 8th vs Luftwaffe
(F)(R) 1943 Mighty 8th vs Luftwaffe
(A)(R) 1944 Mighty 8th vs Luftwaffe
(F)(R) 1944 Mighty 8th vs Luftwaffe
(A)(R) 1945 Mighty 8th vs Luftwaffe
(F)(R) 1945 Mighty 8th vs Luftwaffe

Well, I hope you have some time to take a look at it.

Best Regards,
Demon/├┼ôberDemon
uberdemon@uberdemon.com

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 03:10 AM
Superb, downloading now.

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 03:19 AM
Looks interesting.....I will DL it and try it out this weekend.. Who knows..... maybe Oleg will include something like it in his next sim...

<CENTER>http://www.world-wide-net.com/tuskegeeairmen/ta-1943.jpg <marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"Straighten up.......Fly right..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee> http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat

<CENTER><FONT COLOR="ORANGE">vflyer@comcast.net<FONT COLOR>
<Center><div style="width:200;color:red;font-size:18pt;filter:shadow Blur[color=red,strength=8)">99th Pursuit Squadron

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 08:26 AM
Bearcat99 wrote:
- Looks interesting.....I will DL it and try it out
- this weekend.. Who knows..... maybe Oleg will
- include something like it in his next sim...
-

I tried to post a suggestion here to that effect, but somehow it wound up in the Squadrons Forum. ?!?!?!?!?

Tsisqua

http://www.uploadit.org/files/010903-nedChristie.jpg

Tsalagi Asgaya Equa!

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Bump.

http://www.uploadit.org/files/010903-nedChristie.jpg

Tsalagi Asgaya Equa!

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 08:36 AM
BfHeFwMe,

Hope you enjoy it.

Bearcat99,

Hope you enjoy it. I'd gladly work with them, but I think their priorities are elsewhere, besides you can enjoy IL2 FB with my program today... I've integrated it with the IL-2 FB GUI as much as I can.

tsisqua,

Thank you for your support. In another board I've mentioned:

"I can't say why Ubi/Madox have not revamped the QMB, but my guess is that IL2 itself is extremely complex. They can choose to revamp their GUI or add more planes and better AI plus other mission features... I prefer the latter because then the online community can create interesting applications. However, like some programmers from the original IL-2 Beta, I am quite familiar with the inner workings of IL2. If Ubi/Maddox were willing to work with me like they've worked with Starshoy on DGen, I'd have new QMB templates for all maps done quite fast. I know how to extract the original QMB templates from IL2 and they are quite simple, but very nice regardless. I could build the None/Bridge/Armor templates for all maps although they would not be as complex as the ones for UQMG."

Best Regards,
Demon/├┼ôberDemon
uberdemon@uberdemon.com

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 04:40 PM
"...and 1.1b"

Nice, as this is better (off-line) version than the 'official' 1.1