PDA

View Full Version : Hyperlobby servers with no shooting?

Fireball_
05-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Seems like I've seen references in the past to servers where you can practice flying, formation, aerobatics, etc. without facing quick and certain death.

I clicked around on Hyperlobby trying to find one, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know of any?

RxMan
05-03-2007, 02:38 PM
On Friday nights there used to be at least one air-racing server.

LStarosta
05-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Welcome to the suck.

PBNA-Boosher
05-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Those servers can be a blast. Give 'em a try if you see them.

dbillo
05-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Fireball_:
Seems like I've seen references in the past to servers where you can practice flying, formation, aerobatics, etc. without facing quick and certain death.

I clicked around on Hyperlobby trying to find one, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know of any?

CFS_EAGLES

Fireball_
05-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the info. We'll try out CFS_EAGLES.

Maybe I'm missing something. The only way I know to get information about a server on Hyperlobby is to click on the server name under 'Games in Progress'. That tells the difficulty settings, usually the version number, and sometimes a little more info. But for example, on the CFS_EAGLES server info, it says it's a Dogfight server, but nothing about 'no shooting'. And is there some way to find out about the planes and missions available on a particular server?

raaaid
05-04-2007, 08:45 AM
it would be cool a server with indestructible planes

i see no point in make your foe crash proving you are better is enough

you would score for number of hits

dbillo
05-04-2007, 08:52 AM
The "info" you see there can be pretty limited and sketchy. You really have to join the server and read the briefing to get the full picture of what a particular server is all about. Often, the briefing will point you to a webpage where you can get more info about the server and the squad that runs it.

They are running a dedicated server, like almost all of the servers you see on that list. "Dogfight Server" really means nothing more than that it's a dogfight TYPE of server, as opposed to a coop TYPE of server. It really says more about the way the server program operates rather than what the players are doing. Dogfight type servers have the advantage that players can join or rejoin the mission at anytime, and you can select from a list of aircraft to fly.

The CFS_EAGLES are into flying skills, carrier ops, etc. They do have a "no shooting" rule, so you can go in there and practice whatever you like without fear of some wannabe ace plugging you full of holes.