PDA

View Full Version : OT: TrackIR for my PF buddies.

Coffee999
11-24-2004, 05:26 PM
I did a lot of asking, and followed a lot of threads concerning the differance between Tir1, and Tir3pro.

After deciding to upgrade, the antisipation(sp) was great. I recieved it today and did the dance.

I can hardly tell the two apart. The only thing I can see is there is less lag when I move my head fast. Beyond that, tir3pro works no better than the first version.

I'm running 3.12 with the 3pro, and 3.11 with Tir1. Both have very similar profile. If not exact.

So the question is: am I missing something? Shouldn't I tell a huge difference between the two?

I know it's all relative. But I was hoping for something more.

Thanks
Coffee

Coffee999
11-24-2004, 05:26 PM
I did a lot of asking, and followed a lot of threads concerning the differance between Tir1, and Tir3pro.

After deciding to upgrade, the antisipation(sp) was great. I recieved it today and did the dance.

I can hardly tell the two apart. The only thing I can see is there is less lag when I move my head fast. Beyond that, tir3pro works no better than the first version.

I'm running 3.12 with the 3pro, and 3.11 with Tir1. Both have very similar profile. If not exact.

So the question is: am I missing something? Shouldn't I tell a huge difference between the two?

I know it's all relative. But I was hoping for something more.

Thanks
Coffee

BlackR6
11-24-2004, 06:37 PM
http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000166

BlackR6
11-24-2004, 06:37 PM
Get ready to use your TrackIR in Combat Flight Simulator 3 this Christmas! TrackIR is going to start showing up in tons of games that have never offered view control before, as the holidays roll out.

After Thanksgiving Day we will be releasing an exclusive teaser video for the next step in video game interaction. This will be the biggest leap in immersion since... well... since the TrackIR was first invented! We're all very excited, and you will be too... in just a few short weeks. As November draws to a close, thousands of loyal gamers and simmers are going to be very thankful that they already own a TrackIR 3. So keep your web browsers glued to trackir.com!

BlackR6
11-24-2004, 06:38 PM
We will be releasing all new software, re-written from the ground up for TrackIR3 users. The new software will allow us to interface directly with CFS3 and perhaps other titles that haven't been supported in the past as well, all based on user demand / requests. In addition, there will be a new accessory that will be released this Christmas for the TrackIR3 that will allow even more functionality, you will be very impressed. So, we have been busy and you will get to enjoy it soon enough

AJM-2K4
11-24-2004, 10:22 PM
I'll keep a look out... how much will this "accessory" cost?

Holycannoli
11-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Is it gonna be one of those helmets with a wide-view monitor screen in front of your eyes allowing peripheral vision to the side and above, that still lets you look down at your keyboard, like I've been hoping for and predicting will be made some day?

Cuz that along with TrackIR viewing would be the greatest immersive experience I can think of. Until someone sneaks up on me while I'm flying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif