PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt game file? Because one save feature...

Noshotskill
12-28-2007, 01:17 AM
This has basically nothing do with glitches in the game itself, I love it and its been the most addicting thing to do the last 3 days. Anyways, I had just killed the the guy on the ship from Acre, my 8th/9 assassination. When I got the achievement and it says "Saving don't turn off the console" my Xbox froze. I restarted it and when I hit continue it says unreadable file or corrupt file please make a new one. or something like that... I went to the memory part of the dashboard and assassin's creed is listed as an unknown game with a corrupt file save. Does anyone know if theres a way to somehow load the previous save so I don't have to start at the begining again? or am I basically screwed and forced to replay the first 8 assinations again and lose all progress from saving citizens to find flags again.This is all could have been avoided if they had multiple save features instead of one auto save after your find or complete something.

Paladin_1962
12-28-2007, 07:54 AM
You're absolutely right, and unfortunately I think you'd have to start from scratch.

Ubisoft really fecked up bad with the way this game saves, and prevents you from saving whenever/wherever you want to.

You should contact them directly and slam them for this.

jcody
12-28-2007, 04:08 PM
I agree, the game save system kills assassin's creed. You can't save the physical location of altair at all...it's either start from a bureau or start from al mualim's face. It's really stupid.

Xthe_assassinX
12-28-2007, 09:15 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

That, and also I believe you can only save 1 file at a time, right? I beat it the day after I got it, decided to start fresh, this time not rushing through, and getting all investegations and things before the assassinations. I can't find the old file, because I wanted to go back and kill people with knives, but the save file was gone. booo

jcody
12-29-2007, 02:19 AM
You can just make another xbox sign in and you can have a save per each.