PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 - WW2 - Poll - AC2 Spoilers

Rouzeki-San
11-29-2009, 05:47 PM
As you may know, AC2 tied the templars to the workings of WW2, leaving the possibility for an AC WW2 story.

Personally, I think an AC set in WW2 would be a great idea, to be able to discover how the war between the assassins and the templars affected WW2.

There are just so many great locations in conflict, almost all of which would have midevil esque architecture, perfect for Assassin's Creed freerunning/stealth/combat. Plus, how sweet would it be to assassinate Nazis with hidden blades. Or fighting alongside the French undergound? Or how about killing Hitler in the bunker as Berlin crumbles above? *drools*

?

Rouzeki-San
11-29-2009, 05:47 PM
As you may know, AC2 tied the templars to the workings of WW2, leaving the possibility for an AC WW2 story.

Personally, I think an AC set in WW2 would be a great idea, to be able to discover how the war between the assassins and the templars affected WW2.

There are just so many great locations in conflict, almost all of which would have midevil esque architecture, perfect for Assassin's Creed freerunning/stealth/combat. Plus, how sweet would it be to assassinate Nazis with hidden blades. Or fighting alongside the French undergound? Or how about killing Hitler in the bunker as Berlin crumbles above? *drools*

?

Silhouelle
11-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Vote for no, myself. Reason why I liked AC1 so much was that it was in a setting that I'd never seen in a game before (aside from liking the gameplay, etc). Too many games set during WW2 imo. Wouldn't mind a small bit during WW2, if we go ancestor hoping through time, but an entire game? No thank you. :s

caswallawn_2k7
11-29-2009, 06:08 PM
no AC is about times in history that have rarely been used and the world war's are the most over used times in the history of games, I would bet if they used the war's they would actually loose a lot of customers more due to this fact than the obvious inclusion of guns.

idrenegade
11-29-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm saying no, but I dont mind guns. I think it would be a little more difficult trying not to get hit by bullets, but then again, depending on the year its set in would change things. In the early years of guns, they weren't that accurate, so that could be a way to pull it off.

Neo_Age
11-29-2009, 06:26 PM
I voted no. WW2 is realitivly recent history and part of what I love about the assassins creed saga is that it takes us to historically correct locations from the distant past. I absolutely loved running around Jerusalem in AC1, Venice in AC2 and what not. I think running around Nazi Germany would be too much of a cop out given how many WW2 games there have been in the past decade.

Assassin_Jake
11-29-2009, 06:59 PM
one reason i think the game shouldn't be past any countries industrial revouloutin (so WWII is out) would be that during these times, cities were HUGE. itd take a ton of effort to build these cities (not to mention game space) or even cut them down.

my second reason is that the combat system in AC2 is great, with dozens of counter kills merging with AC1 kills. if they were to put it in a time period with guns, theyd have to restart from the ground up, trashing all the graphics for killing.

though i do think the game should stay in europe, i think that it could work if it was only a few years after AC2. Ezio could take on an apprentice or kid. leonardo's death happens like... 18 years after the end of the first game, so we could incorporate that; also italy was pretty much conquered by someone i can't remember so that could be a good reason for a setting change.

ALTAIRXEZIO
11-29-2009, 08:20 PM
there is no need to put AC3 in WW2.... a new game coming out called the Saboteur looks pretty good and seems like a WW2 Assassins Creed.... but no guns in Assassins Creed.... Assassins Creed should never turn into a shooter.........

Avl521
11-29-2009, 08:27 PM
NO!!!! GUNS WOULD RUIN THIS GAME!!! AC is set as an innovative game, it takes place in time periods that have not been used before and the game is unique and fun, yeah maybe a bit of repetitive missions but ACII is my favorite game so far and AC is up there too.
Guns would turn this game into Call Of Duty or GTA and though there's nothing wrong with those games we already have a million shooters, and GTA gameplay, WW2, and shooter have already been done to death so...

PLEASE DON'T ADD GUNS TO THIS GAME!! KEEP IT IN THE TIMES IT'S BEEN AND ADD THINGS TO IMPROVE GAMEPLAY BUT NO GUNS!!!

edwardkidd33
11-29-2009, 08:32 PM
PLEASE DO NOT ADD GUNSS... just keep that small gun you had. if you take that away we will be mad.

vanbuskirks
11-30-2009, 12:48 AM
How bad a$$ would it be if some of the enemies you fought as Desmond used guns, but Desmond was fast enough to dodge, get close and kill with the hidden blade. Seeing as we are likely going to be playing a mixture of Desmond in modern day as well as him going back (sans animus most likely) to other ancestors, we will at some point encounter enemies with guns.

FcngFanOfEzio
11-30-2009, 12:52 AM
"No. Guns would ruin it."

... Don't need to say anymore. =D.

PuddingNL
11-30-2009, 03:01 AM
Voted no.

WW2 is the most used theme and subject for games. I would like to see the french revolution.

Azugo
11-30-2009, 03:19 AM
Maybe the Modern-day Assassin's and Templars vowed an oath to not ever use guns? XD

But voted no for WW2. I have mixed feelings about guns. Just as long as they don't over use them, all should be good.

HewieAlbino
11-30-2009, 03:26 AM
There already was an article by Ubisoft, I'll try looking for it, but in it, they mention then that will never be an Assassin's Creed in WW2.

As for my opinion? No. It's been done to death. Just no. If I want to stealth while there're battles raging around me, I'll play MGS4.

caswallawn_2k7
11-30-2009, 04:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe the Modern-day Assassin's and Templars vowed an oath to not ever use guns? XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
but the guards and such in the cities are not templars they are just being controlled by the templars so telling them not to use guns wouldn't go down well when they are hunting a killer.

DimmuB0rgir
11-30-2009, 04:49 AM
Please for the love of pixies no. Just no.

WW2 is done to death. Its stale, boring and unoriginal. Even first person shooters have had enough of WW2.

RuYi89
11-30-2009, 05:12 AM
WW2 is terribly overused, so please, anything but that. I'm sure Ubisoft can think of much better times and places.

NGazelle
11-30-2009, 07:09 AM
The "Napolean Wars/French Revolution" or "Egypt/Roma" would be perfect for an AC3 version. Let's imaging the assassin inside a pyramide, looking for secret glyph...
WW2 is indeed to much recent and there is a similar game "The Saboteur" that is going to be released soon.
Medieval is really to close to AC1 with the Templars.
And definitively not a woman character!

Neo_Age
11-30-2009, 07:28 AM
I think anything pre renaissance is now out. In the first game we were in the third crusade effectively trying to get a map. In the second game we were getting the location of "the vault".

If the third game is also the final one in the saga it would likely be a combination of Animus use and modern times. I would imagine its some sort of planetary shield system in modern times and in the Animus likely the route they have to take to get there.

The problem I see with avoiding guns is muzzle loading rifles date back further then most people think. Granted not very accurate but I cant think of many historically significant times between the renaissance and modern times that the gun wasn't around.

Neo_Age
11-30-2009, 07:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neo_Age:
I think anything pre renaissance is now out. In the first game we were in the third crusade effectively trying to get a map. In the second game we were getting the location of "the vault" so it suggests that there is a progression based on the knowledge gained from the apple and vault.

If the third game is also the final one in the saga it would likely be a combination of Animus use and modern times. I would imagine its some sort of planetary shield system in modern times and in the Animus likely the route they have to take to get there.

The problem I see with avoiding guns is muzzle loading rifles date back further then most people think. Granted not very accurate but I cant think of many historically significant times between the renaissance and modern times that the gun wasn't around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

caswallawn_2k7
11-30-2009, 07:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The problem I see with avoiding guns is muzzle loading rifles date back further then most people think. Granted not very accurate but I cant think of many historically significant times between the renaissance and modern times that the gun wasn't around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
they said the third game could even be set in a time before the first game. depending on what they are looking for they can go pretty much either way depending if that time can be linked to them completing the goal they want.

AC2 they chose the time mainly for training the extra info was more or less a bonus they achieved by finding a time that could train Desmond and intersect with a time subject 16 visited.

DiamondBlade_R
11-30-2009, 08:24 AM
PUT A FREAKING SPOILER TAG IN THE THREAD'S TITLE!

caswallawn_2k7
11-30-2009, 08:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">PUT A FREAKING SPOILER TAG IN THE THREAD'S TITLE! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
you mean this thread title (words highlighted for people who struggle to read)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Assassin's Creed 3 - WW2 - Poll - AC2 Spoilers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DiamondBlade_R
11-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Sorry, my bad.

An_Idea
11-30-2009, 09:18 AM
even if desmond didnt use guns, i really dont want it to be in ww2, that time period has been r*ped by games enough, let it live in peace

even the American civil war would be better, the american farmers fought with guerilla warfare in the country, and it was smaller than ww2, so i could more likely see an assassin there than in ww2

but still, dun do it in the civil war either http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

AronAssassin
11-30-2009, 11:22 AM
I've been hearing all this about WW2 for AC3. About this i say definetly yes, however not yet. IMO from renaissance Italy to WW2 is a to big step. Now here's wat i've been thinking:

The early 1500's
The Fountain of Youth, located at the lake of the moon. A secret place in the New World(America) known only by the Aztecs. Spanish Templars hear about this and know it must be the work of some piece of eden. Together with the Conquistadore, the Templars travel to America to find this piece of eden. Ezio's son (or grandson) fully trained as an assassin by dad and/or grandad ezio. Hears about the new Templar movement and decides to go after them. The Aztecs know it all. These are their lands, their gods, their secrets.

Now this is just and idea for a next game to make the timejumps a little shorter. So how about it. A bit of Aztec magic, mixed with early spanish colonisation in a nice Caribbean Jungle scene! please comment!!

Z0M813xxDR4U6R
11-30-2009, 11:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AronAssassin:
I've been hearing all this about WW2 for AC3. About this i say definetly yes, however not yet. IMO from renaissance Italy to WW2 is a to big step. Now here's wat i've been thinking:

The early 1500's
The Fountain of Youth, located at the lake of the moon. A secret place in the New World(America) known only by the Aztecs. Spanish Templars hear about this and know it must be the work of some piece of eden. Together with the Conquistadore, the Templars travel to America to find this piece of eden. Ezio's son (or grandson) fully trained as an assassin by dad and/or grandad ezio. Hears about the new Templar movement and decides to go after them. The Aztecs know it all. These are their lands, their gods, their secrets.

Now this is just and idea for a next game to make the timejumps a little shorter. So how about it. A bit of Aztec magic, mixed with early spanish colonisation in a nice Caribbean Jungle scene! please comment!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jungle running sounds badass, mavbe a few poison darts, spearchucking, psychodelic frog licking. lol. but what about going east as well? I mean there would be a lot nore armor possibilities amazing new weapon types and rich environments like india, china japan and or russia. but I would deffinately like to see some murderous assassinations in the woods or something

SirPersival77
11-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Well i think AC3 should take place in the 21 century.Firstly beacuse there isn't an age such as the Middle ages and the Renaissance in the world's history and secondly I think Ubisoft's development team will make such cool and awesome 21 century assassination arsenal that would not ruin the game-they will make it better.

Dragonfire126
11-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Nope because AC is fun when set in historic times.

Black_Widow9
11-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Please post here-
Assassin's Creed 3 and beyond (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8251094497/p/1)
also have a look at this-
[UPDATED NOTICE] Gameplay/technical assistance threads and off-topic game threads (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8331088937)
Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>