PDA

View Full Version : Why was this pup never modelled? :(



Gryphonne
06-24-2005, 03:04 AM
Very nice looking machine, service record ánd quite a few built.

http://www.ares.cz/obrazy/svoboda/Arado%20Ar-234B%20Blitz.jpg

sparty7200
06-24-2005, 03:33 AM
good Question that!!! Tooooooo late for it know though! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Badsight.
06-24-2005, 03:38 AM
back in the days of the website " il2center.com " it was on the list & reserved for the planned FB expansion " luft46 "

well AEP ended up being the expansion instead but the Arado was never posted even as being started

in those days of il2center , the planes were reserved left right & center by very enthusiastic people . . . . . . . . who totally failed at delivering the goods

TAGERT.
06-24-2005, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Gryphonne:
Very nice looking machine, service record ánd quite a few built.
You may want to check your link to the picture, in that is not a picture of a F4u-4!

Abbuzze
06-24-2005, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by TAGERT.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gryphonne:
Very nice looking machine, service record ánd quite a few built.
You may want to check your link to the picture, in that is not a picture of a F4u-4! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right Tagert! The plane at the picture is not ugly! Indeed no F4u-4!

Pirschjaeger
06-24-2005, 06:48 AM
Tagert always gives me a chuckle. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Fritz

VW-IceFire
06-24-2005, 07:05 AM
This is definately one plane we should have had instead of the Go-229 for instance. But with all the reserved aircraft and no work done...

ploughman
06-24-2005, 07:16 AM
I'd read the Arado was responsible for the first jet on jet action when it inflicted a modest ammount of damage on a parked Meteor in Belgium.

boxmike
06-24-2005, 12:23 PM
I remember reading somewhere that Ar-234 made some high recon mission/s after Normandy landings. I may be wrong.
The bridge at Remagen was quite an 'Erprobungs'-ground for jet bomber, though none of the bombs hit the target. I understand that bridge simply collapsed later, havin that many impacts wearing it down?
Anyway, some models had rear shooting cannons like Me-410 but Arado was with a pilot periscope.
Well, that could be nice addon but merely for eveyone with '1946' aspect IMHO.

- boxter

p1ngu666
06-24-2005, 12:34 PM
think the bridge may have been overloaded...

waffen-79
06-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Is that the Ar-234???? oh, and include these also the ju-88,52, c-47, mosquito, tempest, --PUT your fav a/c here--

I know I said this before but I just want to be heard:

PEOPLE will BUY an addon with these kind of planes, SO please make it!!!!!

heheh imagine some p-51's and spit's fighting each other, shoulder shooting, ramming, just to shot down this baby...Hmm Ar-234

http://www.hrmex.com/bscap000.jpg
http://www.hrmex.com/bscap001.jpg

Abbuzze
06-24-2005, 02:22 PM
The bridge of Remagen was damadged in the fights before, US-troops tried to repair it when it simply collapsed.

German troops tried to destroy it, but the exlosive charges didn´t work - this guys where shot later for this failure.

You can still visit the bridge pier that is a museem today.. its just 50km from here and I never been there :/

major_setback
06-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Re: 'high recon missions..'
I remeber reading about them being withdrawn from the Ardennes (or wherever) and being used as night-fighters (or anti-bomber?) for the closing months of the war. I'm not 100% sure, but I read this on one of the many links that appear in this forum. Did anyone else see this and have a better memory? ...Now what was I talking about...

BTW it featured as non-flyable in Janes WWII fighters sim/game...It was hard to keep up with!!

major_setback
06-24-2005, 11:22 PM
I just read:

"....an experimental Ar 234 night fighter unit, the Kommander Bonnow, euipped with two Ar 234's converted to carrying upward-firing cannon, continued to opperate until the end of the war".
from: The Encyclopedia of Militaery Aircraft.

JG54_Arnie
06-25-2005, 01:24 AM
Looks like a sweet plane. Would have been a lot more fun and usefull actually than that Go weirdness.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

waffen-79
06-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by JG54_Arnie:
Looks like a sweet plane. Would have been a lot more fun and usefull actually than that Go weirdness.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Actually the GO-229A-1 is prettey sweet and was included for a reason.

I once saw a Discovery Chann documentary claiming that if the war have last till summer '46 this baby would have delivered the A-Bomb to the U.S.

http://www.hrmex.com/go1.jpg
http://www.hrmex.com/go2.jpg
http://www.hrmex.com/go3.jpg

BUT I would love to have the Ar-234 Flyable, 2 or 4 JUMO's tis your call Oleg http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I mean adding diff planes, variety, would make this sim more appaling: GO-229A-1, Ar-234, METEOR, MOSQUITO, TEMPEST not like 20 spits and 10 laggs,.......... LOL just kidding

waffen-79
06-25-2005, 02:01 AM
You guys think that Oleg include this one????

http://www.hrmex.com/vril1.jpg

well, we'll never know, one thing is for sure, it would've be OUTTURN by any spit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

just kidding...sorry

Jasko76
06-25-2005, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by waffen-79:
I once saw a Discovery Chann documentary claiming that if the war have last till summer '46 this baby would have delivered the A-Bomb to the U.S.

What?! This thing didn't have capacity to carry an A-bomb, not enough range to reach US mainland... It would have to be significantly enlarged to do this.
Not to mention the fact that Germany didn't have any nukes!

Gryphonne
06-25-2005, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by waffen-79:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG54_Arnie:
Looks like a sweet plane. Would have been a lot more fun and usefull actually than that Go weirdness.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Actually the GO-229A-1 is prettey sweet and was included for a reason.

I once saw a Discovery Chann documentary claiming that if the war have last till summer '46 this baby would have delivered the A-Bomb to the U.S.

http://www.hrmex.com/go1.jpg
http://www.hrmex.com/go2.jpg
http://www.hrmex.com/go3.jpg

BUT I would love to have the Ar-234 Flyable, 2 or 4 JUMO's tis your call Oleg http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I mean adding diff planes, variety, would make this sim more appaling: GO-229A-1, Ar-234, METEOR, MOSQUITO, TEMPEST not like 20 spits and 10 laggs,.......... LOL just kidding </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't trust discovery for anything. The Go-229 is a fighter, not the proposed atom bomber.

On the contrary to those 20 odd spit versions, 10 laggs and ar-234, the Go-229 never saw any action.

Gryphon

Heliopause
06-25-2005, 03:59 AM
Arado Ar 234 carried out the last german recon.mission over Great Britain on april 10th 1945. A little year before it had started with this when 2 prototype's (nr. 5 & 7)where delivered to a test unit in France (Juvincourt). Horst G³tz was one of the pilots.
The beaches of Normandy where also a photo-target.
From august '44 the first bomberpilots where trained on the bombervariant.
Some jets flew a mission during operation Bodenplatte on Jan 1st '45.
The bridge at Remagen in march '45 was an other target they tried to bomb.

The Go 229 was developed by the Horten brothers.
They started with tailless gliders in the twenties and during the war it resulted in the jet powered Ho IX V2. It was designed as a jet fighter (later known as the Go 229).
Oberst Knemeyer was interrested in a tailles bomber to attack the USA and asked the Horten brothers for a bomber of this kind.
It's the HO XVIII wich is never build.(should at least carried a 1000 kg warload). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

waffen-79
06-25-2005, 04:07 AM
WoW...chill out...Ok guys I'm just telling what I saw http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, I don't even recall if it was Disc Chann or History but I do remember them mention ME-262 schematics & Uranium in a captured U-Boat going to Japan, and a plane that could take off on a emerged japanese sub among other stuff. Perhaps the plane they were talking bout(the bomber) was another with delta shape,I apologize for the mistake, I'll check it out.

Show has to do with axis secret weapons or something. I wonder when it's going to be air again.

And I know the all the planes curently in IL2 saw action (EXCEPT GO-229A-1 & Fantasy Bf109Z), even some comunity members can say when and where they did. but a little variety wouldn't hurt.

Point is that 1C decided to include this a/c(GO-229A-1) and I'm glad they did, I wish they keep on adding diff types not just variations of EXISTING series http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Heliopause
06-25-2005, 04:17 AM
That U boot was the U 234 and it surrendered to the US with among a 262 also a few hundred kilo's of Uranium. (intended for Japan)
Amerika did not have a lot of uranium then so they used the german uranium with their own supplie for their atom-bomb wich they used against the japanese....

The way things go..... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Heliopause
06-25-2005, 04:20 AM
And i think the Arado should be next in this game!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

waffen-79
06-25-2005, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Heliopause:
That U boot was the U 235 and it surrendered to the US with among a 262 also a few hundred kilo's of Uranium. (intended for Japan)
Amerika did not have a lot of uranium then so they used the german uranium with their own supplie for their atom-bomb wich they used against the japanese....

The way things go..... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah that was the info I saw but still don't remember the name of the show http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Talking about the Ar-234:

I think the 2 JUMO engines would be easier to model and code than the 4 engines model, come on Oleg you already have the ME-262 engines in the game PLEASE

Taylortony
06-25-2005, 04:28 AM
would suit a lot of people in here too, note he missed the bridge http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Heliopause
06-25-2005, 05:20 AM
Yeah that was the info I saw but still don't remember the name of the show


Hiltler's sub U-234..??

waffen-79
06-25-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Heliopause:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yeah that was the info I saw but still don't remember the name of the show


Hiltler's sub U-234..?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I was talking earlier about a documentary when they displayed several secret weapons and they comment exactly the things you're saying, (U-234) But I DO remind see it on other shows that info, specially when they talk about the closing months of the war.

==Bring the Ar-234 to the game oh and other stuff to. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif==

CUJO_1970
06-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Eric Sommer was the pilot who flew recon missions in the Ar-234 over the Normandy landings.

Would love to have one of these in FB.

TAGERT.
06-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by waffen-79:
Actually the GO-229A-1 is prettey sweet and was included for a reason. Only *reason* was Gibbage thought it looked cool and would be fun to draw the 3D art, that's it!


Originally posted by waffen-79:
I once saw a Discovery Chann documentary claiming that if the war have last till summer '46 this baby would have delivered the A-Bomb to the U.S. Fat Chance, in that Northrop's B35s long range flying wing bomber would have been sparkin of FAT BOYS over Berlin *way* before Jerry got his first long range flying wing bomber off of the napkin and onto blueprints! Not to mention they didnt have an ABOMB to drop!

http://www.geocities.com/grantsenn/4ALL2SEE/PICTURES/AIRCRAFT/WINGS/NORTHROP/xb-35-earlyfrt.jpg

p1ngu666
06-25-2005, 10:54 AM
im really dubious if anyone would fly it, no one flies 262 2a. they would rather hack themselves to death with a spoon while flying a lagg3 than fly a 2a.

i dont really see the attraction http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

NAFP_supah
06-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Instead of all this late war german stuff I'd actually like some early to mid war japanese planes. That would actually make all the campaigns in PF more fun. Not just Berlin45.

SeaNorris
06-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by p1ngu666:
im really dubious if anyone would fly it, no one flies 262 2a. they would rather hack themselves to death with a spoon while flying a lagg3 than fly a 2a.

i dont really see the attraction http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

I would like it, looks good, but then the whiners (.50's are weak against it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif )

Capt.LoneRanger
06-25-2005, 11:08 AM
The Arado "Blitz" was a fast bomber, designed to outrun any allied plane. For that reason it had no gunner at all.
AFAIK only a few were ever build, most of them converted into other designs, armed with guns, etc. IIRC it was used for tests for a long range bomber, capable to attack the US West Coast.

huggy87
06-25-2005, 11:08 AM
I've seen one in person at the smithsonian. The thing is suprisingly compact. It looks huge in pictures and paintings, but in real life its not much larger than it's contemporary piston driven brothers.

p1ngu666
06-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by TAGERT.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waffen-79:
Actually the GO-229A-1 is prettey sweet and was included for a reason. Only *reason* was Gibbage thought it looked cool and would be fun to draw the 3D art, that's it!


Originally posted by waffen-79:
I once saw a Discovery Chann documentary claiming that if the war have last till summer '46 this baby would have delivered the A-Bomb to the U.S. Fat Chance, in that Northrop's B35s long range flying wing bomber would have been sparkin of FAT BOYS over Berlin *way* before Jerry got his first long range flying wing bomber off of the napkin and onto blueprints! Not to mention they didnt have an ABOMB to drop!

http://www.geocities.com/grantsenn/4ALL2SEE/PICTURES/AIRCRAFT/WINGS/NORTHROP/xb-35-earlyfrt.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

germany nearly had a A bomb, some norwegans, and some luck stopped them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

truely amazing story http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

p1ngu666
06-25-2005, 11:54 AM
http://teachnet.edb.utexas.edu/~lynda_abbott/knutfrm1.html

annoying format, but teh amazin story http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

TAGERT.
06-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by p1ngu666:
germany nearly had a A bomb, some norwegans, and some luck stopped them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Than Germany should limit themselfs to playing horse-shoes! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
truely amazing story http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Not nearly as amazing as what went on in NM! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

p1ngu666
06-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by TAGERT.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by p1ngu666:
germany nearly had a A bomb, some norwegans, and some luck stopped them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Than Germany should limit themselfs to playing horse-shoes! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
truely amazing story http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif Not nearly as amazing as what went on in NM! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

u read the link? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

TAGERT.
06-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by p1ngu666:
u read the link? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif Read the link, Read the book, Saw the movie.. All very neat stuff.. But sneakin in and blowing stuff up was not un-heard of before, during, or after WWII, it happens/happened alot. But the story of what happened in NM was a first! Thus my statement.
http://www.geocities.com/grantsenn/4ALL2SEE/PICTURES/TRINITY/TrinityMarker7.jpg

Aaron_GT
06-25-2005, 12:51 PM
I once saw a Discovery Chann documentary claiming that if the war have last till summer '46 this baby would have delivered the A-Bomb to the U.S.

There were designs for a flying wing jet bomber, loosely based on the Go229 design but with fixed undercarriage that was suggested as a bomber that could have delivered a dirty bomb to New York. The Me 234 might have been improved to also do the trick. There were outline plans to do it with He177s via refuelling on a temporary base in Greenland. None of this came to pass, of course.

And Tagert... you are allowed to calm down...

TAGERT.
06-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Aaron_GT:
There were designs for a flying wing jet bomber, loosely based on the Go229 design but with fixed undercarriage that was suggested as a bomber that could have delivered a dirty bomb to New York. IMHO the most *loosely* thing in that statement is refering to drawings on knapins as designs! But at least you got the dirty bomb part right! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif


Originally posted by Aaron_GT:
The Me 234 might have been improved to also do the trick. There were outline plans to do it with He177s via refuelling on a temporary base in Greenland. None of this came to pass, of course. Of course.


Originally posted by Aaron_GT:
And Tagert... you are allowed to calm down... And Aaron, you are allowed to LET IT GO! Im sorry for making you look so silly in past threads, but, before you blow what few gaskets you have left, LET IT GO SON!

Spartan_GR
06-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Sorry, may i ask what is this photo with the German craft that looks like a U.F.O ? Is it a real photo? What is this thing?

ImpStarDuece
06-25-2005, 01:20 PM
On the subject of a possible German WWII atomic weapon;

The Germans never got a seulf sustaining Atomic chain reaction going and were using methods that the US Los Alamos prohect had abandoned. The one recator that they did attempt to start a sulf sustaning reaction in failed critically as a result of poor techniques chosen by the engineers and bad science by the physicists.

The atomic piles that were built (only 2) were never of sufficient size.

The graphite control rods that the US used very effectively was far more effective than the Heavy Water plant. In fact, the Allied mission in Telemark was as successful in convincing the Germans that they were on the right path, when they weren't, as well as temporarily halting production.

Given its limited effectiveness the German Heavy water project would of been innsufficient to supply the needs of one small reactor, let alone a weapons program.

The 'German Bomb' was at least two-three years behind its US conterpart and its actually doubtful that the project may of ever come into frution, given the unsuccessful pathways that the German program was following.

p1ngu666
06-25-2005, 01:27 PM
true tagert, but the raid itself is only part of the story. aprently the movie is less dramatic than real events...

teh A bomb in america was a considerable mental effort, but what those few men did in telemark is simply amazing, not just the raid, but to survive in that harsh environment, they evaded the germans partly because where they lived the germans where too scared to go!

it could be said that a few men in america saved millions of lives, but that a few men in norway saved teh world http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

waffen-79
06-25-2005, 01:33 PM
@Tagert : Relax Dude http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, no one is attempting to change the status quo, axis lost, allies won, we're just asking for a **** plane (Ar-234 w 2 JUMOS). LOL



Originally posted by Spartan_GR:
Sorry, may i ask what is this photo with the German craft that looks like a U.F.O ? Is it a real photo? What is this thing?

http://www.hrmex.com/vril1.jpg

It's FAKE its about some Projekt Haunebu-Vril involving Aliens LOL (Haunebu II, Vril 7) there are websites and books about it, but it's SCI-FI. I think the Author of the whole story was Hungarian. maybe later I'll provide some links BUT this is only SCI-FI.

TAGERT.
06-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by p1ngu666:
true tagert, Agreed 100%


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
but the raid itself is only part of the story. aprently the movie is less dramatic than real events... Which is ture of just about ever raid/intrdiction story.. the raid itself is the small part, getting to it and away from it is the interesting part.


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
teh A bomb in america was a considerable mental effort, Which is how Im sure it will be portraid a hundred years from now in some liberal re-visionest history book.. One sentence, but in the hear and now, where some people are still alive that were involved, that is just shame that you would sum it up like that. Building an ABOMB was light years harder than building say a rocket.


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
but what those few men did in telemark is simply amazing, not just the raid, but to survive in that harsh environment, they evaded the germans partly because where they lived the germans where too scared to go! Again, hundreds of storys like that through out the history of the 20th century. But, until that july day in the NM desert, it had never been done before, thus I stand by my statement.


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
it could be said that a few men in america saved millions of lives, but that a few men in norway saved teh world http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif In light of the information that ImpStarDuece provided, I would have to dissagree.

TAGERT.
06-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by waffen-79:
@Tagert : Relax Dude http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, no one is attempting to change the status quo, axis lost, allies won, we're just asking for a **** plane (Ar-234 w 2 JUMOS). LOL Relax? You got it all wrong! Not upset at all! I actully find it very entertaining when I read statements like yours that are based off of a half hour TV show. But the real enjoyable part is setting the record straight! PS, your welcome! Now go forth and preach the truth.. Now that you know it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

p1ngu666
06-25-2005, 03:57 PM
well, back in the day no one knew if the german a bomb would, or would not work, it was something too big to gamble on.

also the getting away with it was the hard part, they where in one of the most awful conditions in the world, alone.

if i suddenly dropped u, as u are now in your chair, i doubt u would survive long at all, probably minutes would be how we would measure your time.

these guys lived for MONTHS both before and after the raid out in the wild artic plains.

this was not mearly a raid into say france with nice weather in the summer, they nearly died out there

TAGERT.
06-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by p1ngu666:
well, back in the day no one knew if the german a bomb would, or would not work, it was something too big to gamble on. Which is why the US started thier ABOMB project AFTER the Germans started theirs, and we finished BEFORE they did.. Heck they didnt even get close and gave up trying. In light of what we know now, the "few men in norway saved teh world" statement does not hold true. But Im sure that at the time they felt that way.. Funny, on that link you provided, one of the guys they interview said he felt they were telling him that just so they would feel it was very important.. and thus give it thier all.. Ironic that it actully did turn out to be just that.


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
also the getting away with it was the hard part, they where in one of the most awful conditions in the world, alone. Agreed 100%, is why I pointed that out.


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
if i suddenly dropped u, as u are now in your chair, i doubt u would survive long at all, probably minutes would be how we would measure your time. these guys lived for MONTHS both before and after the raid out in the wild artic plains. And if you suddly dropped one of them thick skinned thick blood Norway guys in down town LA on a 110? summer afternoon he would have a hard go of it. There is a reason they got people from that area to do it.. One they knew the area, and Two there were actlmated to the weather of that area.


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
this was not mearly a raid into say france with nice weather in the summer, they nearly died out there Ah, ok, so what your trying to say is what they did was no big deal, just the weather was bad? I dont know if I would agree with that

waffen-79
06-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by TAGERT.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waffen-79:
@Tagert : Relax Dude http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, no one is attempting to change the status quo, axis lost, allies won, we're just asking for a **** plane (Ar-234 w 2 JUMOS). LOL Relax? You got it all wrong! Not upset at all! I actully find it very entertaining when I read statements like yours that are based off of a half hour TV show. But the real enjoyable part is setting the record straight! PS, your welcome! Now go forth and preach the truth.. Now that you know it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heheheh Come on tagert, Why do I get the feeling you're being sarcastic??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif well cool I'm glad I entertained you, that really made me day http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif just kidd.

I didn't know one have to be a history scholar ;P to post and SHARE to the community some COMMENTS on a topic documentary, next time I'll know better, and for the record I did say that perhaps I MISTAKEN the delta shaped plane they were talking about for the GO-229A-1 we currently have on FB/AEP. Afterall I saw that show 3 or 2 years ago. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif that started all the A-bomb discution http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Focusing again on the topic, I think I'm not alone when I wish that the Ar-234 along with Mosquito, Tempest and why not the METEOR would be included in a future patch or addon if we have to buy it.

p1ngu666
06-25-2005, 05:59 PM
tagert, they didnt actully know the importance of the raid(s).

and, it delayed the germans aswell.

AND various people considered sending in what would be a suicide raid to take out the plant.

its also known that the abomb didnt need tobe dropped and japan was considering surending.

and, if u dropped them in californa, well they could just take off there clothes. probably for alot of the time the temp would have been -20c or colder, ie, they would be warmer cuddling your pees in the freezer.

and if it warms up the snow and ice change, and make it very hard to move about.

in pure survival terms its amazing what they did, and then they go and do what the germans considered impossible, having lived somewhere they feared greatly, and then evading some 100,000 people out looking for them.

the physical and mental toughness and stamina is vastly higher than what u will realise.

TAGERT.
06-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by p1ngu666:
tagert, they didnt actully know the importance of the raid(s). So you calling that Nowary guy a lier? Or did you not view your own link? Because when I looked at it, one of the guys said that. Check it

http://teachnet.edb.utexas.edu/~lynda_abbott/knutfrm7.html
http://teachnet.edb.utexas.edu/~lynda_abbott/knutfrm8.html


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
and, it delayed the germans aswell. As ImpStarDuece pointed out.. It only delayed the realisation that Given its limited effectiveness the German Heavy water project would of been innsufficient to supply the needs of one small reactor, let alone a weapons program


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
AND various people considered sending in what would be a suicide raid to take out the plant. Yes.. they THOUGHT is was very important at the time.. But, as I stated before, IN LIGHT OF WHAT WE KNOW NOW, it wasnt.


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
its also known that the abomb didnt need tobe dropped and japan was considering surending. Yes, all the libral re-visionists *know* that.. But not everyone agrees with them


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
and, if u dropped them in californa, well they could just take off there clothes. probably for alot of the time the temp would have been -20c or colder, ie, they would be warmer cuddling your pees in the freezer.

and if it warms up the snow and ice change, and make it very hard to move about. Are you tryig to miss the point on purpose?


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
in pure survival terms its amazing what they did, and then they go and do what the germans considered impossible, having lived somewhere they feared greatly, and then evading some 100,000 people out looking for them. Yes, it was very amazing.. Not splitin atoms amazing imho, but still amazing


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
the physical and mental toughness and stamina is vastly higher than what u will realise. As a guy who has had the pleasure of working with members of SF 7th group you would be wrong.

waffen-79
06-25-2005, 06:21 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif well, if I'm allowed to comment on a Movie I saw LOL

They drop the Bomb on Japan to show the russians who they're messing with, and to save 2 million american lives that would have been lost if an Invasion (main land japan) have taken place.

TAGERT.
06-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by waffen-79:
heheheh Come on tagert, Why do I get the feeling you're being sarcastic??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif well cool I'm glad I entertained you, that really made me day http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif just kidd. NO! Thank You!


Originally posted by waffen-79:
I didn't know one have to be a history scholar ;P to post and SHARE to the community some COMMENTS on a topic documentary, next time I'll know better, You dont have to be, as long as you dont get too upset when people correct you.


Originally posted by waffen-79:
and for the record I did say that perhaps I MISTAKEN the delta shaped plane they were talking about for the GO-229A-1 we currently have on FB/AEP. Afterall I saw that show 3 or 2 years ago. Which I belive was after the post I replied to, in the sequence of events and all


Originally posted by waffen-79:
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif that started all the A-bomb discution http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ABOMBS ARE COOL!


Originally posted by waffen-79:
Focusing again on the topic, I think I'm not alone when I wish that the Ar-234 along with Mosquito, Tempest and why not the METEOR would be included in a future patch or addon if we have to buy it. And the F4u-4

Heliopause
06-26-2005, 01:59 AM
Aaron:

There were designs for a flying wing jet bomber, loosely based on the Go229 design but with fixed undercarriage that was suggested as a bomber that could have delivered a dirty bomb to New York.

Heliopause:

The Go 229 was developed by the Horten brothers.
They started with tailless gliders in the twenties and during the war it resulted in the jet powered Ho IX V2. It was designed as a jet fighter (later known as the Go 229).
Oberst Knemeyer was interrested in a tailles bomber to attack the USA and asked the Horten brothers for a bomber of this kind.
It's the HO XVIII wich is never build.(should at least carried a 1000 kg warload).



What's past is proloque....

Gryphonne
06-26-2005, 06:48 AM
Good grief people, take your worthless discussion about the a-bomb elsewhere. This thread is about the Ar-234.

p1ngu666
06-26-2005, 07:43 AM
some sources say germany was close to having all it needed to produce atleast a dirty bomb, others say otherwise.

also the risk of them being caught was high, and what would happen to there families if caught?

well, british commandos where tortured by the gestapo and then had air injected into them, a slow painful death.

splitting the atom was amazing sure, but i dont think the guys involved in that hadto do the same physical stuff that those guys in norway did, nor cope with cabin feaver etc.

TAGERT.
06-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by p1ngu666:
some sources say germany was close to having all it needed to produce atleast a dirty bomb, others say otherwise. Some say they have seen little green men too, but, from what we.. I mean most people know now, Germany was no where near producing an ABOMB. As for a dirty bomb, there is nothing bomb about it except the regular TNT used to spread the radioative material around.


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
also the risk of them being caught was high, and what would happen to there families if caught? well, british commandos where tortured by the gestapo and then had air injected into them, a slow painful death. Yes, 1000s of storys like that from the 20th century. But up until july 45, no storys about the ABOMB


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
splitting the atom was amazing sure, postivie


Originally posted by p1ngu666:
but i dont think the guys involved in that hadto do the same physical stuff that those guys in norway did, nor cope with cabin feaver etc. Again, 1000s of storys like that from the 20th century.

TAGERT.
06-26-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Heliopause:
The Go 229 was developed by the Horten brothers.
They started with tailless gliders in the twenties and during the war it resulted in the jet powered Ho IX V2. It was designed as a jet fighter (later known as the Go 229).
Oberst Knemeyer was interrested in a tailles bomber to attack the USA and asked the Horten brothers for a bomber of this kind. It's the HO XVIII wich is never build.(should at least carried a 1000 kg warload). What's past is proloque.... Hmmm, maybe that is why Northrop succeeded? Because while the HO bothers we building gliders in the 20s, Northrop was building powered aircraft in the 20s. In the 20s Jack Northrop produced an all metal monoplane with pilot and engine within the wing structure. Although this aircraft had booms to attach the tail group, it was in fact the first step toward the flying wing.

http://www.geocities.com/grantsenn/4ALL2SEE/PICTURES/AIRCRAFT/WINGS/NORTHROP/flying_wing_1.jpg

And during the war Northrop developed several flying wings, one being the N9, Which is still flying TO THIS DAY
http://www.geocities.com/grantsenn/4ALL2SEE/PICTURES/AIRCRAFT/WINGS/NORTHROP/n9m-1.jpg

In 1943, Northrop build a ROCKET powered flying wing
http://www.geocities.com/grantsenn/4ALL2SEE/PICTURES/AIRCRAFT/WINGS/NORTHROP/mx-334_tow.jpg

Which all lead up to the B35, had the war lasted longer would have been spakin off A-BOMBS over down town Berlin.

http://www.geocities.com/grantsenn/4ALL2SEE/PICTURES/AIRCRAFT/WINGS/NORTHROP/XB-35_03.jpg

Which ultimately lead to the B2

http://www.edwards.af.mil/gallery/html_pgs/images/bomber/b2-1_072.jpg

Yet, to this day, some people still belive that Northrop toss out 60+ years of work and experance with POWERED flying wings and decided to used a captured Go229 to develop the B2. Too Funny!

http://www.edwards.af.mil/history/docs_html/aircraft/first_flights.html

p1ngu666
06-26-2005, 11:23 AM
well, the horten brothers probably made gliders due to versiace treaty stopping alot of avaition things.

TAGERT.
06-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by p1ngu666:
well, the horten brothers probably made gliders due to versiace treaty stopping alot of avaition things. Initally, not 100% sure if they could not develope any, or, were just required to destroy all that they had at the time, i.e. end of WWI, in that all/most of it were war planes. After doing so I think they were just limited to how many they could have on hand. BECAUSE, by the mid 20s, Germany began moving toward rearmament, nationalizing the leading airline Lufthansa. So, the versiace treaty excuse does not hold much water with me.

http://www.centennialofflight.gov/essay/Air_Power/inter_war_period/AP10.htm

p1ngu666
06-26-2005, 11:58 AM
they wherent allowed to make large aircraft engines, and back then u hadto have large capacity to get power.

for example the liberty engine, which was dodgy and not that good at all, but is handly 27litres.

400hp maxium, if u where lucky and it didnt fall to bits or leak or something else dire.

27 litres in teh merlin gave 1000 to 2000+hp

so if u cant bulid large engines, u cant really fly, as you just dont have the power.

hence gliders, which wherent banned or limited. also artillery was limited, but rockets wherent, hence the germans made rocket artillery and other things

TAGERT.
06-26-2005, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by p1ngu666:
they wherent allowed to make large aircraft engines, and back then u hadto have large capacity to get power.

for example the liberty engine, which was dodgy and not that good at all, but is handly 27litres.

400hp maxium, if u where lucky and it didnt fall to bits or leak or something else dire.

27 litres in teh merlin gave 1000 to 2000+hp

so if u cant bulid large engines, u cant really fly, as you just dont have the power.

hence gliders, which wherent banned or limited. also artillery was limited, but rockets wherent, hence the germans made rocket artillery and other things Interesting, yet, by the mid 20s, Germany began moving toward rearmament, nationalizing the leading airline Lufthansa. So, the versiace treaty excuse does not hold much water with me

NonWonderDog
06-26-2005, 12:31 PM
So now this has become a "my aircraft manufacturer can beat up your aircraft manufacturer" discussion? I thought we still hated Northrop-Grumman...

waffen-79
06-26-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by NonWonderDog:
So now this has become a "my aircraft manufacturer can beat up your aircraft manufacturer" discussion? I thought we still hated Northrop-Grumman...

@NonWonderDog heheheh good one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Oleg just include the Ar-234....pleasehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Heliopause
06-26-2005, 03:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Heliopause:
The Go 229 was developed by the Horten brothers.
They started with tailless gliders in the twenties and during the war it resulted in the jet powered Ho IX V2. It was designed as a jet fighter (later known as the Go 229).
Oberst Knemeyer was interrested in a tailles bomber to attack the USA and asked the Horten brothers for a bomber of this kind. It's the HO XVIII wich is never build.(should at least carried a 1000 kg warload). What's past is proloque....

Tagert:
Hmmm, maybe that is why Northrop succeeded? Because while the HO bothers we building gliders in the 20s, Northrop was building powered aircraft in the 20s. In the 20s Jack Northrop produced an all metal monoplane with pilot and engine within the wing structure. Although this aircraft had booms to attach the tail group, it was in fact the first step toward the flying wing.


The first XB-35 (serial number 42-13603) took off on its maiden flight on June 25, 1946, with Max Stanley as pilot and Dale Schroeder as flight engineer. On this first flight, the aircraft was flown from Hawthorne to Muroc Dry Lake, a flight lasting 45 minutes. Almost immediately, the flight test program ran into difficulties. Gear box malfunctions and propeller control difficulties caused the XB-35 to be grounded on September 11 after only 19 flights.

Arado's where flying combat missions over europe when the XB-35 still had to fly and be properly developed.....

TAGERT.
06-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by NonWonderDog:
So now this has become a "my aircraft manufacturer can beat up your aircraft manufacturer" discussion? I thought we still hated Northrop-Grumman...

@NonWonderDog heheheh good one http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Oleg just include the F4u-4....please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

TAGERT.
06-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Heliopause:
The first XB-35 (serial number 42-13603) took off on its maiden flight on June 25, 1946, with Max Stanley as pilot and Dale Schroeder as flight engineer. On this first flight, the aircraft was flown from Hawthorne to Muroc Dry Lake, a flight lasting 45 minutes. Almost immediately, the flight test program ran into difficulties. Gear box malfunctions and propeller control difficulties caused the XB-35 to be grounded on September 11 after only 19 flights.

Arado's where flying combat missions over europe when the XB-35 still had to fly and be properly developed..... Last I checked, the Arado was not a flying wing? But, in light of the informatinon I provided you on the HO flying wings vs. Northrop's.. I can see why you would want to avoid any futher discussions on that subject and switch to the Arado now. As for difficulties, I dont know of any aircraft X type that didnt have them. But, the conventinal B17, B24, B29 stuff was kicking the axis A.. So there was not a big need to slove those problems overnight. Same is true of the P80, no need to kill yourself boys working late and weekends.. This war is in the bag!