PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to the flyable P-36?

Feathered_IV
10-11-2004, 07:34 AM
No mention of it anywhere. I wonder if the third party designer is still bound by the non-disclosure agreement if their work is not include in the official realase.

Feathered_IV
10-11-2004, 07:34 AM
No mention of it anywhere. I wonder if the third party designer is still bound by the non-disclosure agreement if their work is not include in the official realase.

actionhank1786
10-11-2004, 08:12 AM
The cockpit may have been taking longer than expected who knows. There used to be a site that had a bunch of WIP models and cockpits (Il2center i think it was) but that's not up anymore to my knowledge.
But hopefully it'll be in the game as a suprise, or it'll be coming soon.
And always remember, as with the original Il-2 and Forgotten Battles, Oleg loves patching and Adding new planes, so dont count anything out until Oleg says so.

horseback
10-11-2004, 09:56 AM
Cockpit is very similar to the Hawk 81/P-40/B/C/Tomahawk series, but from all reports, the FM is quite different; slower, much better in the climb and turn (RAF tests of Hawk 75s showed a marked advantage over the Hurri and Spit I in the horizontal), and poor dive for a US-built fighter.

USAAC units transitioning to the Tomahawk from the P-36 generally avoided operating the two types together, because their flight characteristics were so different.

The FM is probably just taking more work than expected.

cheers

horseback

TgD Thunderbolt56
10-11-2004, 10:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by actionhank1786:
"...Oleg loves patching and Adding new planes, so dont count anything out until Oleg says so." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif