PDA

View Full Version : Player reach is too long

DyniteMike
01-24-2011, 04:26 AM
The reach of a player is much too long, and certainly longer than their arm.

This is especially frustrating in this game as it means that if you're hiding somewhere you have to make a run for it when the pursuer is really quite a long way away, and certainly not what my eyes are showing to be a fair distance.

tallinn1960
01-24-2011, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by DyniteMike:
The reach of a player is much too long, and certainly longer than their arm.

This is especially frustrating in this game as it means that if you're hiding somewhere you have to make a run for it when the pursuer is really quite a long way away, and certainly not what my eyes are showing to be a fair distance.

This is lag. Definitely. I play at the afternoon and late at night, and the later the evening, the more I get into sessions with people on the other side of the ocean. Lag increases and thus the distance from where they can hit your before any defensive measures may start to work. It is so that if you are stationary and the attacker is moving towards you, due to lag he is always closer then he appears on your screen. So when you see him coming around a corner, you may be dead the next second, as he has been at that corner a second before you had a chance to realize it.

SniffyPenguin
01-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Play enough and you'll get a feel for how far away you need to be from your pursuers.

The game would be too runner friendly if pursuers had to be standing right next to you in order to assassinate you...

DannyStrong
01-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Generally when you first spot a pursuer, if you don't have a smoke or some defensive ability ready. You should run immedaitly. You shouldn't try and wait for the last second. Youre not going to fool them by waiting. Your best bet is to run early. If they chase you you'll get a free escape, if they don't then just find a new hiding spot. and go back to blending.