PDA

View Full Version : Patches? Patches?? We don't need no stinkin patches!

linzamin
01-08-2006, 08:03 AM
I have Pacific Fighters installed stand-alone and want to pickup FB + Ace Expansion Pack and install everything as merged. I saw the posts that explain the order of installation and patches needed. My question is: do I have to de-install PF before starting the install or can I proceed with the install as directed and just re-install PF (merged) over the stand-alone PF? Will the merged PF be installed in a different directory than the stand-alone was in? Thanks for any guidance you can give me. I know this subject is addressed often.

linzamin
01-08-2006, 08:03 AM
I have Pacific Fighters installed stand-alone and want to pickup FB + Ace Expansion Pack and install everything as merged. I saw the posts that explain the order of installation and patches needed. My question is: do I have to de-install PF before starting the install or can I proceed with the install as directed and just re-install PF (merged) over the stand-alone PF? Will the merged PF be installed in a different directory than the stand-alone was in? Thanks for any guidance you can give me. I know this subject is addressed often.

VW-IceFire
01-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Good question. I'm not 100% sure on how to do this but my guess would either be create a separate install or remove the PF standalone before you go to do the merged installation.

The order needs to be: FB, AEP, PF, 3.03m (100mb version), 4.01m, and 4.02m.

steve_v
01-08-2006, 08:17 AM
PF gives you the option of having two separate installations, merged and stand alone, each in their own specific default loacation. There is no need to uninstall your stand alone.