PDA

View Full Version : BoB? Next Product Information

jjtasker
02-10-2006, 08:36 PM
I've been so deep in FB and CAD missions I haven't stopped by for a while. I was wondering if CrazyIvan or Oleg could say if there is any official web presence for the next project yet? Just some place to check to get announcements and updates without having to ask this all over again.. On 1C's web site its not even listed as in production, were they producing it or even developing it?

FritzGryphon
02-10-2006, 08:39 PM
In very old development updates, they showed some BoB pictures. It is very much in progress, and looking very nice.

I don't think those dev updates are still available, but you can see the pictures in my sig.

Oleg says they will resume making dev updates soon. I can't wait to see how it is coming along!

jjtasker
02-11-2006, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the reply, I remember that Spitfire cockpit fondly

Destroyer110
02-14-2006, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by FritzGryphon:
In very old development updates, they showed some BoB pictures. It is very much in progress, and looking very nice.

I don't think those dev updates are still available, but you can see the pictures in my sig.

Oleg says they will resume making dev updates soon. I can't wait to see how it is coming along!

I don't remember the Wellington bomber having a belly turret? Especially that strange one .. it looks like a JU86 turret?

ImpStarDuece
02-14-2006, 04:36 AM
Yeah, it had a ventral, retractable 'dustbin' style turret, that was rather quickly deleted when it was realised that it was in essence 2000lbs pounds of equipment and another gunner that actually increased the vulnerability of the Wellington and complicated prodction.

It was fitted to the Mk I and then deleted in favour beam mounted Vickers K guns (which were then rather quickly gotten rid of themselves).

guderian_ente
02-14-2006, 05:27 AM
Airwarfare.com also has a feature list (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/IL2BOB/index.htm).

Best parts: more aircraft in the air and realistic propwash!