PDA

View Full Version : The super sweet way I just got a the bench warmer challenge

DeanOMiite
01-12-2011, 12:09 PM
I was playing Wanted on Forli just now and I got killed with like 12 seconds left. I figured that was it for me, I wasn't gonna get a new contract and have the time to find the person in time. So when I spawned I was just kinda running around waiting for time to expire when all of a sudden a chase broke out. Apparently I spawned really close to my target and I quickly picked out who it was as they sat on the bench, mashing the assassinate button because time was really close to running out and I'd rather have 100 pts than 0 pts. But I got bumped by another runner and it didn't let me assassinate my target right away, but I was still holding forward on the left stick, so I accidentally sprinted into the bench and woundup sitting down and, since I was still mashing the kill button, got the bench to bench kill, LITERALLY with 1 second left in the game. Just as that moment, that guy had a mic on (rare in Wanted) and he goes "ohhhh...bench to bench!?"...I honestly didn't even realize what I had happened and then I figured out he was talking about me and I'd gotten the ever elusive bench to bench kill. I was STOKED!

Anyway, just wanted to share http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MungoTango
01-12-2011, 03:16 PM
nice

BlacklightDemon
01-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Poison bench to bench kills are awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif They never know what hit 'em.

x3MTA3xHelviaNx
01-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by BlacklightDemon:
Poison bench to bench kills are awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif They never know what hit 'em.

Never managed to do it? Always says to far away even knew I'm sat next to them so didn't think it was possible...

E-Zekiel
01-12-2011, 05:05 PM
A guy I knew was AFC(ontroller) for several matches just happened to auto-walk into a bench against a wall and sit there, so I sat next to him till focus meter filled, and killed him while sitting right next to him. Yay lol

Jack-Reacher
01-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I got a few of mine in manhunt, I killed the wrong target and used that time to lock onto the people on the bench to figure out who it was ( you cant lock onto your target), and then sat down with them and took em out.

Best way though is to use templar vision and disguise on manhunt, use both from around the corner and you usually get it every time

x3MTA3xHelviaNx
01-12-2011, 05:27 PM
So bench to bench poison is possible? Confirm someone?!

veni445
01-12-2011, 06:10 PM
I went for Bench warmer today, saw my target sit on a bench i went for the seat but an NPC beat me there i was mad haha

papartusedmcrsk
01-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
A guy I knew was AFC(ontroller) for several matches just happened to auto-walk into a bench against a wall and sit there, so I sat next to him till focus meter filled, and killed him while sitting right next to him. Yay lol

Very off topic, but I did this one time just to see how many times I would be killed. Just let the controller sit on the couch, and let my guy do whatever. I got killed twice all match, and was tied with someone for seventh place until about 3 minutes left in the game. And he only passed me because he got an escape.

I felt horrible for him/her. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Tanktric
01-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Bench Warmer kills are some of the most rewarding kills ever.. well... emotionally rewarding. They are the essence of pwnage.

Lethalla
01-12-2011, 09:42 PM
I had this <span class="ev_code_RED">total</span> dimwit yesterday in a Manhunt... I started late, spawned near one of the targets, who dropped a smoke and stunned me. Then while I was laying there he casually sauntered over and sat on the bench in full view - must have thought I (as in the real person) was flat on the ground trying to collect my wits.
So I walked over, just as casual, expecting any moment for him to drop another smoke or bolt, I sat down, he kept sitting, I waited for the focus to fill, then poisoned, kept sitting there, he got up & fell down, and I fell about laughing!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif Sitting duck... quack!

lol, two bench warmers in one week!

BlacklightDemon
01-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by x3MTA3xHelviaNx:
So bench to bench poison is possible? Confirm someone?!
Yes, most if not all of my bench kills are poison kills. Poison kills re some what easier (I find) as bench kills. You have to be sat next to them though, with no NPC between you and your target.

DoctorEurope
01-13-2011, 09:11 AM
I still need to get my bench to bench kill. xD
One day, one day.

stitchlessdeath
01-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Bench to bench is hard, cause people freak out when someone comes and sits with them... I think I have one or two of them... does it count if you're sitting on the bench but they aren't?

EQWashu
01-13-2011, 12:32 PM
aww you lucky duck! The one rare occasion got a target on a bench, the bench was full. 5 seconds later when I could sit next to him, someone else ran up and got him :P This challenge is a pain if ever there was one

NapalmMcTerribl
01-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by stitchlessdeath:
...does it count if you're sitting on the bench but they aren't?

Apparently nothttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I was certain I was going to get it today, as I led a character to a bench I was sitting on. He came sprinting by, and I was able to get an incognito-hidden kill on the guy, but, it was no bench-to-bench. Me as Il Carnifice just stood up and planted the axe in the guys head.

obliviondoll
01-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Had a fun moment where I was considering going for the bench-to-bench, then realised before I got there that I wouldn't get away with it - just had a feeling I had been picked out already.

I still went over and sat down, but poisoned the guy before I sat down.

He got up as I was sitting, threw smoke, and walked in front of me, apparently wondering why he couldn't stun me. He found out 6.5 seconds later. I was satisfied with the result, though I would have preferred not being spotted.

Pillsy74
01-18-2011, 05:49 AM
I've done it exactly once. Tried it a second time and got stunned.

The funny thing was that I crossed in front of the guy before I sat down. No idea why I didn't get stunned, but I locked on and got him the instant I sat down.

Kenpachi_cable
01-18-2011, 06:41 AM
Blender.

The best thing ever.