PDA

View Full Version : bf-109 problems in PF?

Cola58
12-08-2004, 11:35 PM
i know that the 109 family of planes is prone to overheat, but has anyone noticed that it seem to overheat and smoke an engine extrememly fast in PF? i have been flying the K-4 for over a year now and since PF was released i have been smoking engines like crazy. i have used manual prop pitch for a long time and i have done nothing differnt to my playing style since the release of PF.

Cola58
12-08-2004, 11:35 PM
i know that the 109 family of planes is prone to overheat, but has anyone noticed that it seem to overheat and smoke an engine extrememly fast in PF? i have been flying the K-4 for over a year now and since PF was released i have been smoking engines like crazy. i have used manual prop pitch for a long time and i have done nothing differnt to my playing style since the release of PF.

x__CRASH__x
12-09-2004, 01:58 AM
previously if you overheated the engine for a while, then took the time to cool it down all was good. But now you can overheat it and I think a timer starts. After the time limit, the engine is garbage no matter what you do.

I take extra precaution to keep my 109 cool nowadays. I run with full open radiator until I'm in a tight twisting DF. Once I am done I will open up again, drop throttle to zero, and drop the prop pitch down to 30% to slow down the engine and cool it off as quick as I can.

Then I cruise at no higher than 2500 RPM until I am in a DF again.