PDA

View Full Version : Is SH3 heading the CFS2 & 3 way?

Hongweibing
04-30-2005, 04:54 PM
I guess flight simmers lost in here will understand me.
For the non-CFS folks: Lots and lots of nice mods and eventually lots and lots of SH3 versions that won't be compatible online anymore. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
I wouldn't be too surprised if in 30 days or so from now it will simply be impossible to get a correct matchup online.
Ubisoft is actually confusing us all with all these 'unofficial' mods advertized on the frontpage.

oh well, zaijian

GT182
04-30-2005, 05:48 PM
For most of us flightsimmers, SHIII is a little diversion until the latest addon patch comes out for IL2 Forgotten Battles/AEP/Pacific Fighters.

That and it's a diversion for me between the Coop missions of our merry little band of warriors in JG53 fighting in the skies of the vCrimea.

With all the eye candy, patches and mods, I think SHIII will be around for a long time. At least until SHIV comes out as a standalone or addon the SHIII. CFS2 & 3 still have their followers, tho some have changed over to Forgotten Battles/AEP and Pacific Fighters.

StG77_Fritz_X
04-30-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by GT182:
For most of us flightsimmers, SHIII is a little diversion until the latest addon patch comes out for IL2 Forgotten Battles/AEP/Pacific Fighters.

That and it's a diversion for me

I agree and second that.

Martin_Popp
04-30-2005, 06:21 PM
I have two installation on my rig, a modded one for singleplayer and a clean 1.2 patched one only for multiplayer.

LordOliver
04-30-2005, 09:08 PM
I think in mp games, everyones version has to match pretty darned well? What is the mp community like? Is it as large as the CFS series was? If so , then different mods scattered here and there may indeed start to cause difficulties.

On the other hand, I am just having the best time with this sim and all the mods I can get to at least try out. My hat is off to all those modders who try to improve the sim and share their fun with us.

Greetings Herr Fritz!

RocketDog
05-01-2005, 03:35 AM
The modability will help keep it alive for quite a while. But the multiplayer is dull-as-ditchwater compared to most other games. IL-2 is much better and MechWarrior 4 knocks it for six http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. The problem is that you can't man the destroyers and the pace of combat means games can last a prohibitive amount of time. Yawn.

I think SH3 will remain mostly as an excellent single player game. In fact, it makes a great complement to IL-2 and the lack of commonality between players in the mods won't matter.

Regards,

RocketDog.

xscreamist1
05-01-2005, 05:18 AM
I have to agree with RocketDog ....silent hunter 2 and silent hunter 1 had a large fan base without multiplayer online gaming capabilities. Sub sims are pretty boring as multiplayer games. On the other hand flight sims can be extremely boring as a single player option...so were kinda comparing apples and oranges. Mods for a game like this only drive the community to improve on the game...look at microsoft flight sim any#, the original program doesn't even look anything like the original after mods now but the improvements to the sim drive people to continue playing it.
I love SH3...I even play it in real time, but I really don't have any desire to play it online.