PDA

View Full Version : Whats your fav. sub???

WilhelmSchulz
10-27-2005, 07:08 PM

WilhelmSchulz
10-27-2005, 07:08 PM

AO1_AW_SW_USN
10-27-2005, 07:13 PM
I absolutely love the IXC/40. Great range, superb gun selection, vast number of torpedo holds and the dive times aren't to shabby.

The IX-D2 has a flaw in the torpedo loadout that causes the weapons management screen to go haywire (see Unofficial BugList Collection Thread: Page 16 for my complete bug listings).

If it didn't have that quirk, then the IX-D2 would be #1 in my opinion.

paulhager
10-27-2005, 10:51 PM
I think I've seen a poll like this before. For the last one, my answer was IX-C. In this career (actually it's two careers played simultaneously), I've stayed with the VII-C. I enjoy both.

Fekin_Von_dEtRi
10-28-2005, 01:35 PM
VIIB for me.
Yes I like the extra torps on the XI but I also like having pleanty of deck gun ammo, something the XI lacks due to larger shell sizes.

U-48-Kapitan
10-28-2005, 05:39 PM
IX's It gives you a feeling of power.

Chrystine
10-28-2005, 06:12 PM

Type VIIB/C for me as well.
I love using the Ubootwaffe€s workhorse.

No frills, no leather €˜n lace, just a practical, utilitarian €˜jeep of the sea.€ A good, strong, hard-running, hard-working submersible gun & torpedo boat.
Would love to be able to mount a .105 in the place of the .88, but I€ll take the latter & put it to good use.
Fourteen torpedoes is €˜plenty€ for me €" and I appreciate the relatively mid-range length of Patrol times (can be two weeks to two months) €" perfect.

Good dive time; 150 meter max depth is adequate for virtually any circumstance; decent turn radius considering the length, weight and propulsion system of the boat, and with intelligent upgrades made to her, doesn€t take all that long to make a fine boat even better: decent speeds surfaced & submerged, good battery upgrades and just a peach of a snorkel boat €¦
What€s not to love in the Type VII(C)?

Bar none €" my weapon (Vessel) of choice.

Best,
~ C.

Wyrmo
10-29-2005, 07:00 AM
I'm wondering what the difference between the IXC and the IXC/40 is.
The only thing I can see when reading about it ingame is that it's slightly slower and has slightly improved range.

WilhelmSchulz
10-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Range and a extra fish or two.

W.Irving
10-29-2005, 09:10 AM
TypeII always!
The rest of you are of the same kind as the "Thompson n00b cannonneer" in CoD. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

With only five torpedoes, you really have to plan your attack cautiously. There's no way of catching up with a limping vessel while submerged, and no artillery either (I'd gladly replace the FLAK with a 88mm gun).
Every sinking becomes personal. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Chrystine
10-29-2005, 04:35 PM

Type II €" Type VII €" Types IX / XXI

Duck €" Eagle €" Ostrich.
All fine birds€¦ I mean, boats.

W. Iriving delivers good points spoken on behalf of the Type II.
I just disagree with the implication it€s any less personal in a Type VII.
The latter just offers a little more with which to express oneself €¦ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Best,
~ C.

W.Irving
10-29-2005, 04:53 PM
Well I've always thought of that W.Irving character as a nice chap..

AO1_AW_SW_USN
10-29-2005, 08:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wyrmo:
I'm wondering what the difference between the IXC and the IXC/40 is.
The only thing I can see when reading about it ingame is that it's slightly slower and has slightly improved range. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the range difference. If you run at ahead 12 knots, you can squeeze a few hundred miles out of a IXC/40 than with a standard IXC.

p-11.cAce
10-29-2005, 10:35 PM
I enjoy the type II but - but then again I like the cr@p planes in IL2 the best (read biplanes & late 30's types). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

wnt2rd
10-30-2005, 01:10 AM
I haven't played the campaign long enough (I'm only on patrol 5) to see anything but the VIIB. I can't wait to experience the other subs! heheh

U107Wolff
10-30-2005, 09:29 AM
The IXB. The thing keeps me alive for ages now.

Type II: Way too small, not enough fish.
Type VII: Nice boat, great diving speed. But not enough torps and the small range it can travel doesn't do it for me.
Type XXI: Great boat. Nice torpedo load, but no deckgun and way to big to invade harbors.