PDA

View Full Version : Alright, so I was wrong... T_T

GAOStarr
01-19-2011, 02:39 AM
I'm not sure if any of you know this, but I am particularly fond of Disguise and its ability to provide its user with an extra 200 Points per kill based on a Hidden Bonus.

I also take a little bit of pride in knowing how to use Disguise and understanding its functions.

Anyways, I realized something tonight that I've been missing for a while; Long Lasting Disguise does not act as a Hiding Spot.

I've tested this before and I feel like I remember getting it to work with minor difficulties; however, I have retested again tonight, and whether activated from a Hiding Spot, around a corner, out of the line of sight, or right in front of your target, Long Lasting Disguise does not provide its user with 200 points for the Hidden Bonus.

If you already knew this, more power to you! But in case any of you didn't, I thought I would share this with you. Now I need to go back and edit my charts.

Rapid Reload Disguise DEFINITELY does provide its user with the extra 200 points for a Hidden Bonus; therefore, I assume Disguise does the same. I am about to test Strong Disguise (just to be safe), and I will post my findings here momentarily.

GAOStarr
01-19-2011, 03:08 AM
Just retested a few things. Long Lasting Disguise is the only Disguise that doesn't act as a Hiding Spot. The other three do.

Mathematically, Long Lasting Disguise provides the user with the maximum amount of Concealed Time. But, as it turns out, if you're using it for anything other than changing your appearance (which does still come in handy) Long Lasting Disguise is no longer the best.

If you like the stealthiness of Strong Disguise, then go for it. But if you want the maximum amount of Concealed Time with possible Bonus Points, then you want Rapid Reload Disguise.

I also retested my theory about having to wait 2 Seconds after activating Disguise before making visual contact. I originally tested this theory with Long Lasting Disguise. This has proven to be incorrect. Meaning:

You can activate Disguise right in front of your Target's face and then proceed to kill them. Even if they see you activate Disguise, you'll still get the 200 Points.

Beaver d@m you Long Lasting Disguise for ruining my previous beliefs and test results!

Rainie
01-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Really? That's good to know, I started using disguise for chest capture and was going with LL Disguise...but if you get the hidden bonus for the other ones I might do the switch to RR

x3MTA3xHelviaNx
01-19-2011, 07:14 AM
Interesting. Need to test this myself I think. Good work though!

tastemyfreedom
01-19-2011, 11:18 AM
That's great. At least for the part where you can put on the disguise anywhere and still get your 200 points. I found it a bit of an inconvenience to wait the 2 seconds. Lol. Plus it's hard to wait and change and not be seen with 3 or 4 people on you. Now we don't have to. Thanks for the update.

tastemyfreedom
01-19-2011, 05:23 PM
I also noticed today that you can only get the hidden bonus when you kill someone in Silent or Incognito. You won't get it if you kill them Indiscreet.

Malex McBlat
01-19-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm fairly certain that is not true. In my limited experience with R.R. Disguise, I have gotten a Hidden bonus for a Discreet kill.

tastemyfreedom
01-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Weird. There must be something one does that allows it or doesn't allow it to register.

E-Zekiel
01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
I always wondered why people were talking about the hide bonus and I was not getting it by default - I use long lasting. Because of this though, I always use it to acquire the hidden bonus manually though. The extra seconds make it very easy to do and generally keep a lower profile.

Daassassinspwn
01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
umm probably sounding stupid here but what is the difference between regular and strong abilities???

E-Zekiel
01-19-2011, 07:02 PM
In the case of disguise - it makes your turning on and fading from the disguise not have so much animus distortion/white stuff. Essentially unless you have your eyes on the character in disguise, you'll miss it. Whereas, without strong disguise, the transition will be noticed quickly because of the white stuff.

MAGIKAHN77
01-19-2011, 07:03 PM
I tested this out and its true, however you do not get hiding during De Morphing when your character is in transition of turning back. Did you also get that result?

obliviondoll
01-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Just had a match on Pienza where I got 4 kills from in blend groups and only got the hidden bonus counted once.

Might be a glitch in the hidden bonus not adding.

Just so you know I'm sure, all 3 times it wasn't counted, I'd been standing in the group waiting for my target to pass, not killing right after blending - and 2 of them I was still flagged as being "in" the group when I made the kill, so I can't even say I mis-timed it after leaving the group.

Daassassinspwn
01-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
In the case of disguise - it makes your turning on and fading from the disguise not have so much animus distortion/white stuff. Essentially unless you have your eyes on the character in disguise, you'll miss it. Whereas, without strong disguise, the transition will be noticed quickly because of the white stuff.

Thanks!

SimDuff
01-19-2011, 07:24 PM
I was also wondering what strong meant. And thanks for posting this fact http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Gabelous01
01-19-2011, 07:27 PM
There is a good chance that is a bug. I mean why make ALL evolutions of Disguise count as hiding spots but not LL? I mean it may depend on how much longer it lasts, but I'm skeptical it's so much longer it would be OP as a hiding spot...

SniffyPenguin
01-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Interesting, but why use LL Disguise anyway?

Once you've got rapid-reload, you're set. The disguise time should be more than enough to get in, focus your target and kill.

E-Zekiel
01-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Because the extra time allows you to be even more low profile. No rush, nothing, more freedom, and almost totally nullifies the possibility of your target picking you out and pulling off a stun.

SniffyPenguin
01-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Because the extra time allows you to be even more low profile. No rush, nothing, more freedom, and almost totally nullifies the possibility of your target picking you out and pulling off a stun.

Maybe we have different methods of disguise use. I find the default time is sometimes too ample.

Anyway, speaking of disguise... I was stunned whilst in disguise earlier today. I re-spawned in a different location whilst still appearing disguised. I had no compass, but I could still kill. The disguise disappeared after I killed a target.

Weird, ey?

GAOStarr
01-19-2011, 11:18 PM
@x3MTA3xHelviaNx Let us know if you discover anything else, please.

@tastemyfreedom I know, those two seconds were killing me too. The reason I was wrong about this was because I would usually test transforming without the two second caution using Long Lasting Disguise. I thought the problem was the first two seconds after transformation, but it had really been Long Lasting Disguise that's been messing me up. Glad we know better now.

@tastemyfreedom (again) Tonight, I will try to test Disguise in Incognito, Silent, and Discreet since I seem to get different results regularly. This is not something I have tested yet, but I have noticed that I will sometimes get the Hidden Bonus in Discreet, but other times Discreet eliminates the Bonus. I'll post my finding.

@E-Zekiel If Concealing your persona helps you get a Hidden Bonus by maximizing other Hidden Spots, than more power to you! If the extra seconds make all the difference for you, props!

@MAGIKAHN77 Yes, I received identical results. There are moments when your character will blink and give off the Animus Effect before they transform back into their original self, but you can still earn the Hidden Bonus even while you're lit up like a Christmas Tree. However, (as you've stated) you do lose the Hidden Bonus points the second your character changes back. If you lose your Disguise while you are performing the kill/in the middle of the kill, you will not receive the Hidden Bonus. I'm glad we have matching results.

@MAGIKAHN77 (again) I'm glad you said something about this because I totally forgot to mention this and it is extremely important when maximizing Disguise's potential.

@obliviondoll This has never happened to me, but I will try to do some matches where I kill from blended spots (more than usual) and I will try to pay extra attention. If I think I might have an idea as to why they didn't give you Hidden Bonuses when you obviously earned them, I'll let you know.

@Gabelous I've asked myself the same thing. All I can think of is that the extra 5 Seconds (which is a very long time when Disguised) makes the Kill too easy. With only 15 Seconds, you have to time things just perfectly and not make any wasteful movements. Also, I had an image in my head of some game tester or developer slapping on Long Lasting Disguise and killing all of his co-workers for an easy 200 Point Bonus. Someone probably got mad and yelled, "Okay, we're fixing that! That's broken, cheap, broken, cheap, cheap, broken!"

Zan-sam
01-20-2011, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
Really? That's good to know, I started using disguise for chest capture and was going with LL Disguise...but if you get the hidden bonus for the other ones I might do the switch to RR

Could only get hidden during the defense round though, and I doubt you'd get much use out of disguise then.

Thanks for the info GAOStarr, certainly makes disguise more viable (and Employee of the Month for that matter, though a single hidden isn't -too- difficult if you're aiming for it). On a related note, you can use smoke bomb for a focus as well (as if the ability wasn't good enough as it is). However, if they do a whiffed stun animation, bump into you during the startup, etc you won't have enough time for it.

GAOStarr
01-20-2011, 01:57 AM
I used to use Rapid Reload Smoke Bombs because I liked being able to use them as soon as possible and as much as possible. But once I stopped and thought about it, I realized that Long Lasting Smoke Bombs work great to counter other people's Smoke Bombs. They also work great for building up Focus. With regular Smoke, you have to be precise with you timeing since Focus takes 3 Seconds and Smoke Bombs last 3 Seconds. But with Long Lasting Smoke Bombs, that 1 extra Second makes a world of difference.

Zan-sam
01-20-2011, 02:04 AM
The only problem is if your opponent is using long lasting as well then it puts you back to square one. That said, it's all situational; sometimes RR would be better than LL and sometimes vice versa. IMO it's mostly about looking at your matches and seeing what it likely to benefit you more overall.

That said though, assuming you're on defense and you throw an LL while somebody trying to kill you has an RR is the 1 second going to be enough to give your stun priority? Also assuming you threw them roughly at the same time.

GAOStarr
01-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Just one last thing.

@tastemyfreedom I did a couple of matches today where I purposefully killed my target while being Discreet and Disguised. As long as you haven't entered Chase Mode, you can still get the 200 Hidden Bonus points (in Incognito, Silent, AND Discreet).

tastemyfreedom
01-20-2011, 08:29 PM
My game must be acting up then because the Hidden Bonus with Disguise only works when it wants to for me. Lol. Darn game.

dboates
02-02-2011, 05:35 PM
So I've been trying to switch up my tactics a little and thought I'd try throwing Disguise into my profiles. I've never gotten a hidden bonus from it once.

I'm not using Long Lasting Disguise, just regular Disguise. What's up with that?

obliviondoll
02-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Zan-sam:
The only problem is if your opponent is using long lasting as well then it puts you back to square one. That said, it's all situational; sometimes RR would be better than LL and sometimes vice versa. IMO it's mostly about looking at your matches and seeing what it likely to benefit you more overall.

That said though, assuming you're on defense and you throw an LL while somebody trying to kill you has an RR is the 1 second going to be enough to give your stun priority? Also assuming you threw them roughly at the same time.
Then there are people like me who take Strong Smoke Bombs, and when you pop your counter-smoke, I can still run away, because you weren't close enough.

STYJ
02-02-2011, 05:53 PM
I too use strong smoke bomb but RR mute since mute has a pretty long range .

Grygier
02-02-2011, 09:57 PM
yeah disguise rocks! you can get hidden air kills with it =P

MrGerbz
02-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Ah, so that's the reason some people are dumb enough to use disguise in front of me just before they intend to kill me.

Didn't realize it provided a hidden bonus.

I still prefer LLSB+SAP though. When I have no pursuers (and/or have a x2 bonus) I can use the SB for a focus poison kill.