PDA

View Full Version : A non-purist idea

Patch_whiner
01-14-2005, 11:59 AM
I was thinking the other day about bombers in FB and PF. We now have quite a few bombers
for those who don€t require the high climb/turn rates of the fighter. When I say bombers I am talking about the He111, TB3 and B25. These bombers have elaborate sights for accurately aiming the bombs, a job which the bomb aimer would do. If you like me don€t want to be bothered with these aspects then alternatively you can drop bombs in a field manually pressing space (or whatever) to waste your bombs. You can also (in a single mission) set your weapons to empty. A feature could be the robot bomb aimer, this could be selected in the `difficulty€ settings. You then just fly the bomber, when you are near the target he might require you to trim the aircraft or veer this way or that. He might miss if you start doing aerobatics. As it is, if you switch auto pilot on near the target your bombs don€t get dropped, or else this might have been a way around for those who never hit the target.

Now to the moans about PF. Also in the `difficulty€ settings we need a switch for
Nounrealistically accurate enemy AI or
Unrealistically hard AI ON/OFF
this presumably will be recified in the final patch to the expansion pack. Strange how in simhq€s enormous review of PF this detail isn€t mentioned.
Still no screech. When you land on an aircraft carrier or on a concrete strip your tortured tyres don€t make a noise

PW
A/C I adore Bf109E,F, MiG 3U, Yak 1B,3,9, A6M Zero, Ki-84, Hurricane, Spitfire

Patch_whiner
01-14-2005, 11:59 AM
I was thinking the other day about bombers in FB and PF. We now have quite a few bombers
for those who don€t require the high climb/turn rates of the fighter. When I say bombers I am talking about the He111, TB3 and B25. These bombers have elaborate sights for accurately aiming the bombs, a job which the bomb aimer would do. If you like me don€t want to be bothered with these aspects then alternatively you can drop bombs in a field manually pressing space (or whatever) to waste your bombs. You can also (in a single mission) set your weapons to empty. A feature could be the robot bomb aimer, this could be selected in the `difficulty€ settings. You then just fly the bomber, when you are near the target he might require you to trim the aircraft or veer this way or that. He might miss if you start doing aerobatics. As it is, if you switch auto pilot on near the target your bombs don€t get dropped, or else this might have been a way around for those who never hit the target.

Now to the moans about PF. Also in the `difficulty€ settings we need a switch for
Nounrealistically accurate enemy AI or
Unrealistically hard AI ON/OFF
this presumably will be recified in the final patch to the expansion pack. Strange how in simhq€s enormous review of PF this detail isn€t mentioned.
Still no screech. When you land on an aircraft carrier or on a concrete strip your tortured tyres don€t make a noise

PW
A/C I adore Bf109E,F, MiG 3U, Yak 1B,3,9, A6M Zero, Ki-84, Hurricane, Spitfire