PDA

View Full Version : Changing default outside view

unclehubert
01-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Hi Folks,

When I switch to static outside view, it starts me behind the aircraft. Does anyone know how to change it so that it faces the nose of my aircraft? I'd like to be able to drop a bomb and then quickly look behind me to see it land and explode. Right now I have to quickly move my hat switch around to get the view of what's behind me....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

unclehubert
01-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Hi Folks,

When I switch to static outside view, it starts me behind the aircraft. Does anyone know how to change it so that it faces the nose of my aircraft? I'd like to be able to drop a bomb and then quickly look behind me to see it land and explode. Right now I have to quickly move my hat switch around to get the view of what's behind me....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

heywooood
01-25-2005, 07:13 PM
either F5 or F6 gives you the 'view target' ..ermm view...so you can press that or toggle quickly through until you get to the target you are bombing...

eddiemac0
01-25-2005, 07:32 PM
yeah, but F6 and F5 don't always register with your "target". Best thing to do is just pause, line up your camer angle, and then watch them hit

SlickStick
01-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Aside from hitting F9 for Snap views and assigning a key to one of the look back views in Controls, use F3 for fly-by view, or F2 and use mouse to look back.

Using mouse gives you control of the view angle and zoom.

Stiglr
01-25-2005, 07:58 PM
The best external view is NONE at all, since it's a gamer's "exploit" to get around learning about situational awareness.

F4U_Flyer
01-25-2005, 09:20 PM
"The best external view is NONE at all, since it's a gamer's "exploit" to get around learning about situational awareness."

Kinda hard to see the bombs hit or watch your target spiral to the ground from the cockpit view! I know what you meant though!

eddiemac0
01-25-2005, 09:41 PM
Gee I'm still learning to bomb, and I don't think its bad in my "training" to use externals to see how close I was to hitting my target...

Stiglr
01-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Training's different. That's a legitimate use of externals, in fact, outside of screenshots and marketing, about the only legitimate use for it.

Just never online, or if you're flying with any kind of serious intent to complete a mission.

In such a case, you have to take a risk to "admire your kill" or fly back and do a BDA. No other way around it, is there?

No, wait, there is. Take a track and admire your handiwork LATER.

IL2-chuter
01-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Oh, Stiglr . . . http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif . . . you risk coming across as an arrogant simsnob. A "gamer's exploit"??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Either you're on a server that allows externals (then you MUST assume all players are using it) or you're not (so no one is using it) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif. Offline, who cares? I'm all for keeping the Settings Police out of MY computer room!

(I agree with your play style, though. Just let people play (key word) the way they want without landing on them).

Stiglr
01-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Well, even offline, if you're seriously undertaking a mission, and you're using externals, why not go all the way and use invulnerability, too? Take out the spins and stalls, those are inconvenient...

Etc., etc., etc.

These features are simply exploits that take the challenge and any sense of realism out of the equation. If you remove the challenge, why are you even doing it???

Tallyho1961
01-26-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm with Stiglr on this - save the track and enjoy the mayhem later, or risk your life by rubbernecking to admire your destructive handiwork.

unclehubert
01-27-2005, 06:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stiglr:
Well, even offline, if you're seriously undertaking a mission, and you're using externals, why not go all the way and use invulnerability, too? Take out the spins and stalls, those are inconvenient...

Etc., etc., etc.

These features are simply exploits that take the challenge and any sense of realism out of the equation. If you remove the challenge, why are you even doing it??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm...thanks for your feedback. I just think it's fun to watch the bombs hit, even while flying online. I guess this isn't supposed to be fun....oh well. I guess I'll just have to obey your rules of conduct and hope to find fun elsewhere. I promise to NEVER admire (or bemoan) my bombing prowess again...

Lighten up m8.

unclehubert