PDA

View Full Version : Removing starting weapons.

VinzeO_o
05-08-2010, 07:49 PM
How do I make it so that the player starts without any weapons?

Or atleast assign different ones. Keep in mind, pretty new to the editing, so far I've only gotten the basics down, and some of the more fancy things due to past experience in general map editing/development.

Help would be appriciated.

VinzeO_o
05-08-2010, 07:49 PM
How do I make it so that the player starts without any weapons?

Or atleast assign different ones. Keep in mind, pretty new to the editing, so far I've only gotten the basics down, and some of the more fancy things due to past experience in general map editing/development.

Help would be appriciated.

Gazitron
05-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Hi Vinze, is it OK with no O_o? =)

So, you can remove all invntory by command in instantAction-removeInventory or InventoryRemove or WeaponRemove - something like that.

cr1m3
05-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Hi,
you can also edit the (startprop.scr) file located in
(C:\Documents and Settings\user\My documents\Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood\data\mapsextra\map folder) with notepad and removing weapons at game start with erasing AddWeapon lines you want.

VinzeO_o
05-09-2010, 12:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazitron:
Hi Vinze, is it OK with no O_o? =)

So, you can remove all invntory by command in instantAction-removeInventory or InventoryRemove or WeaponRemove - something like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, and the "O_o" was mainly due to the lack of avalibility, sure beats adding a bunch of random numbers. So, by my guess I add the command to one of the boxes/tables/whatever you'd call them at the object properties?

seir
05-09-2010, 03:23 PM
When you remove all the weapons from StartProp file the game might crash some times. There was no such a situation in game so programmers didn't thought that someone can remove it. After the release I did that and game was crashing when entering shop and so on...

VinzeO_o
05-09-2010, 03:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by seir:
When you remove all the weapons from StartProp file the game might crash some times. There was no such a situation in game so programmers didn't thought that someone can remove it. After the release I did that and game was crashing when entering shop and so on... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about replacing them? I just want the player to start off with lower quality weapons and work his/her way up to the good ones.

seir
05-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Yes, leave two rusty guns and not much ammo and it will be fine. Also if you want to force player to hide weapons and block weapon change use action "act_PlayerControl" and there should be few fields that will do that.

VinzeO_o
05-09-2010, 10:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by seir:
Yes, leave two rusty guns and not much ammo and it will be fine. Also if you want to force player to hide weapons and block weapon change use action "act_PlayerControl" and there should be few fields that will do that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright, this will help me alot, thanks.