PDA

View Full Version : OUCH SH3 File Analyzer

lecek
04-16-2006, 09:12 PM
OK, I use the SH3 file analyzer to make changes to my sh3 game files. This way I don't have to use sh3Commander to change underwater visibility for exmaple. (Sh3 commander changes more then I would like no matter what.)

I do about half the mods I have on my SH3 myself.

But I was interested in changing some crush depth stuff. I also want to see if there was different crush depth setting for VIIC,/41,/42. (There isn't http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.)

Anyway.

I always back up the files I intend to change incase something goes wrong.

But as it turns out under some conditions you can get the SH3 Analyzer to edit the wrong file.

So my tweaks intending to change the 7c file instead changed the 9c and then the 21 file.

I didn't intend to change those files so I didn't back them up.

I have looked at the damage and it isn't that great, I think I can undo it.

But just in case, I was wondering if someone with the stock zon files for the 9c and 21 and who might be interested in sending them to me could send me a PM.

Please and thank you.

lecek
04-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Nevermind, I did manage to fix it.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FEW

Messervy
04-17-2006, 03:52 AM
With all this torrent of mods it`s really hard to keep things in order.

My standard practice is to have the entire patched Data folder as a backup.
On the other hand...
I have just experienced a fatal windows failure and I am currently in a proces of restoring my Hartwig Messervy`s persona.
Nearly impossible task regarding my own cocktail of mods.
So next time, I swear, I`ll have another "Data" folder backed up - called "last good known mod cocktail" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

JScones
04-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by lecek:
(Sh3 commander changes more then I would like no matter what.)
You do know that you are not stuck with any changes that SH3Cmdr makes "out of the box"? Read the instructions which essentially tell you how to adjust any feature to your personal taste, or remove it altogether.

SH3Cmdr is totally data driven with all (configurable) data files stored in the Cfg folder. Whilst it includes default settings, it in no way forces them onto you.

bunkerratt
04-22-2006, 02:12 AM
i'm happy i'm not the only one that has the mod cocktail thing going...it can get pretty crazy ..or put a dam file somplace @0430..and forgot the next day? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

lecek
04-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by JScones:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lecek:
(Sh3 commander changes more then I would like no matter what.)
You do know that you are not stuck with any changes that SH3Cmdr makes "out of the box"? Read the instructions which essentially tell you how to adjust any feature to your personal taste, or remove it altogether.

SH3Cmdr is totally data driven with all (configurable) data files stored in the Cfg folder. Whilst it includes default settings, it in no way forces them onto you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been reading just that.

But as far as I can see there is no option to shut of random tonnage for example. It seems to do that automatically. At least it did for me. I had to roll back all my changes to get rid of that, and then even when I select new underwater visibility and only change that, the changes don't take effect. I shouldn't have to use SH3Commander to load SH3 if ally I am doing is tweaking underwater vis. I should just say apply.

Not that it matters, I have changed everything I wanted.

The only mod left that SH3 offers that I might install is the one that increases the number of crew names available.

lecek
04-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by bunkerratt:
i'm happy i'm not the only one that has the mod cocktail thing going...it can get pretty crazy ..or put a dam file somplace @0430..and forgot the next day? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I have a good system set up.

The only problem here is that I modified the wrong file. I have a complete backup of the sub I wanted to modify.

JScones
04-24-2006, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by lecek:I have been reading just that.

But as far as I can see there is no option to shut of random tonnage for example.
Well, the Help file will point you to "Ship Displacements.cfg". In the header of that file it states "Remove ships from calculations simply by deleting whole section.". Alternatively, just delete the whole file! Gone. The same principle applies to every file in the Cfg folder. Hell, you could just delete the whole Cfg folder if you wanted to!

Oh, and it appears that SH3Cmdr will make changes much easier than you have, one reason for using it even if "...ally [sic] I am doing is tweaking underwater..."!

lecek
04-24-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by JScones:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lecek:I have been reading just that.

But as far as I can see there is no option to shut of random tonnage for example.
Well, the Help file will point you to "Ship Displacements.cfg". In the header of that file it states "Remove ships from calculations simply by deleting whole section.". Alternatively, just delete the whole file! Gone. The same principle applies to every file in the Cfg folder. Hell, you could just delete the whole Cfg folder if you wanted to!

Oh, and it appears that SH3Cmdr will make changes much easier than you have, one reason for using it even if "...ally [sic] I am doing is tweaking underwater..."! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh IC.