PDA

View Full Version : Controls

FRO8769
07-17-2007, 11:47 AM
I recently purchased IL2:1946 and the game runs fine and did the first time I played it. I went ahead and updated to 4.08 and then went online with some friends and played. They helped me set up my controls to different keys on the key board and thats where the problem is. Ever since I set up the controls and then just fool around in single player not all of the controls work like it did the first day. The landing gear does'nt come up or down, flaps don't work and none of the F1-F12 keys work. I have went back to default, redid them again and hit apply but still to no avale. One thing that is strange is that most of the keys work in multiplayer except my flaps,which I need to land. I went to the settings.ini and they are set the way I set them up. I don't know what to do, is it the 4.08 patch or do I need to uninstall and reinstall and see if it works with out the patch like it did before. Any help would be appreciated.
Fro

FRO8769
07-17-2007, 11:47 AM
I recently purchased IL2:1946 and the game runs fine and did the first time I played it. I went ahead and updated to 4.08 and then went online with some friends and played. They helped me set up my controls to different keys on the key board and thats where the problem is. Ever since I set up the controls and then just fool around in single player not all of the controls work like it did the first day. The landing gear does'nt come up or down, flaps don't work and none of the F1-F12 keys work. I have went back to default, redid them again and hit apply but still to no avale. One thing that is strange is that most of the keys work in multiplayer except my flaps,which I need to land. I went to the settings.ini and they are set the way I set them up. I don't know what to do, is it the 4.08 patch or do I need to uninstall and reinstall and see if it works with out the patch like it did before. Any help would be appreciated.
Fro

tigertalon
07-17-2007, 11:54 AM
When you are playing online, server settings are forced over your local ones.

Now, to enable external views (F keys) for your offline playing go to settings and tick "externals off" option ON.

Flaps may be another issue: some planes in game have only two flap positions: raised and landing (spitfires, I-16), while some others have flap retracting automation that raises your flap if your airspeed is above certain limit (F4F, Ju88). Maybe that was the problem?

Also landing gear, F4F and I-16 have manual gear operation, so pressing G wont help, you need to assign keys to something like "raise gear manually" and "lower gear manually" and tap it for something like 30 times.

Crash_Moses
07-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Yup. When you change your difficulty settings the game remembers the last used set. Sooo...if you fly on-line on a full real server then the next time you fly off-line those difficulty settings will apply.