PDA

View Full Version : config.ini graphics il2 1946

alphalvr
03-28-2009, 09:42 AM
hey

there are a lot of these about but all the ones ive found seem aged, is there 1 around showing the config.ini for 1946 (408mish) with the max /min for each setting and the differences (less important) between each.

i have a feeling i could run at absolure max graphics wise (no i dont have a dual card setup or even pci-e slots) it would be the cpu that would be the problem but at least i could take som,e stunnning screenshots and matbe play the smaller maps in max settings

i just looked through the hi rez screenshots page and my mouths watering so lets see if you guys can help???? looking at the screenies it seems this info is pretty common knowledge http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

ps from a playing point of view do you guys prefer....
hi rez(ie 1600/1200 or slightly less)`vs` lower graphics settings?

or low rez (1024/768) with all the bells n whisles maxed?

i guess `open gl` looks the best and runs best?

af/aa (can u use this with open gl?? must it be turned on in control panel)

ur time or a good in depth link will do, thamking u kindly and dreaming of seeing the game look like your screenies http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
03-28-2009, 09:57 AM
As you raise your resolution, AA becomes less a factor. I ran this sim at 1024x768 for a couple years and as I upgraded my sytem, I went higher in my resolution. Running 1600x1200 (or the widescreen equivalent 1680x1050) with AA set to 2x or 4x, landscape "perfect", effects=2, forest=2 or 3 and water=2 or greater is the top for this sim.

Play with them a little and see what works best for you.

Also, in this sim, AF is a moot setting. I have mine set globally at AA-8x, AF-16x, but that won't work for everyone and as I said AF settings are irrelevant for this sim anyway.

Also realize that many of the screenshots you see may be "touched up" a bit with either sharpened images, increased contrast, saturated colors, but with a decent system, even unretouched screens can look quite good.

Bearcat99
03-28-2009, 11:43 AM
If you are running 1024x768 you should be able to run @ 1280x960 with @ a 2 or 3 FPS loss if that... I found that the with higher resolution I was able to put my AA at a lower setting and not loose too much in looks while gaining the better performance.. Play around with it. With a WS I have found that for mine the native resolution of the monitor works best.

alphalvr
03-28-2009, 12:01 PM
hmmn im really confused

i set in config ini

hardware shaders to 1 (was 0)
effects to 2 (was 1)

then i looked at harfware setup in game and im currently using ...

landscape lighting - high
landscape detail - excellent

that is what i was already using, `but,` now i have the option of selecting ...

landscape lighting - excellent
landscape detail - perfect

(except both the above selections in the dropboxes are greyed out and cannot be selected)

1280x960 is what game res im using,
3ghz p4
agp mobo (dusts cobwebs) with 512mb 7800gs nvidia (182.06 whql driver)
3 gig of ram

then after i rebooted my pc in the config.ini my hardware shader option seems to be back at `0`

hardware shaders 0

what on earth am i doing wrong lol

my plan was to activate
`hardware shaders 1` then....
`effects 2`

if that seemed ok id try
water 2 (and then maybe 4)
forest 3
and then lastly
shadows 2

is aa/af adjustable in config.ini, or do u use the nvidia control panel? but hey , ill settle for `hardware shader 1` working atm http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

i must admit the theres plenty of info on this stuff but it dated back when i was still nothing but a glint in my fathers eye! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

can i just say its a testament to the quality of this game that there are still people willing to help noobs....or returning noobs (like me) after all this time, most ga,me have been confined to history by now.

EDIT

i just had a thought, maybe after i setup hardware shaders to 1 i installed the 408m patch??? im not sure if it was before or after but i also added a line that was supposed to give better clouds, i think it went under the [game] heading near `3d gunners`....i just noticed that has vanished as well....could that be what ive done?

mind you ive set hardware shaders back to 1 and still cant select perfect??