PDA

View Full Version : Problem with patching

mcpolle1
06-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Hi guys,

I have read and re-read all the pages on patching and the problems, but,

I have followed all the directions of installing FB, AEP, and finally PF, but when I run the oatch to 4.01 it only shows version 3.0 in the start up pic.

Any ideas??

Thx

polle

Deedsundone
06-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Maybe you have put them in wrong place?

Taylortony
06-25-2005, 09:35 AM
Okj forst off you need the patch with the M on the end for the merged install second you need the retail one, not the server version.

Ok if you have the above, I take it your game is on the likes of D Drive, the patch will unzip to the default game location, which would have been on C Drive, so either tell it where to go to find the game or drag the zip folder into the game folder and extract it there...... if you do the later put it back where you had it afterwards, as if you have to reinstall the game at any time it would delete all the files in that folder and that would include the patch.

mcpolle1
06-25-2005, 12:08 PM
ok, now I have a real problem, I have downloaded the 4.01M patch, and after patching the game will not start I just get an error message, something like the memory could not find the program.

HELP

Polle

Taylortony
06-25-2005, 02:23 PM
it might be a bad download retry it. also post the error message in community help and address it to stevie V he rocks at these things, there was a fix for the odd error message i seem to remember

steve_v
06-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by mcpolle1:
Hi guys,

I have read and re-read all the pages on patching and the problems, but,

I have followed all the directions of installing FB, AEP, and finally PF, but when I run the oatch to 4.01 it only shows version 3.0 in the start up pic.
two things jump out
- you are not directing the patches to the correct directory
- 4.01 is meant to be applied over 3.03 or 3.04, but not the box install

see here for Patching sequence and more at airwarfare
http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/patching.htm

mcpolle1
06-25-2005, 04:09 PM
OOOOPs,

Sorry my bad, have tried to patch 4.01m over 3.0, need to patch 3.03m first. Am downloading it now.

Can I just patch over the 3.0 version that I tried to patch 4.01m or doI have to re-install the lot???

Thx for the help.

Polle

steve_v
06-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by mcpolle1:
Can I just patch over the 3.0 version that I tried to patch 4.01m or doI have to re-install the lot??? Good question that I don't have an answer for. However, reapplying patches in the correct sequence will usually correct your install. Uninstall/reinstall is done when something corrupts the original install.

post back the results.

mcpolle1
06-26-2005, 04:24 AM
Well I am glad to report that after downloading and patching the correct patches, all seems to be in working order, no need for a full re-install.

Will keep you posted if anything weird happens

Thx again for the help

Polle