PDA

View Full Version : "Synchronization bar"

iPlunder
10-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Since it got no where in my last topic, the health bar is called a Synchronization bar, what do you think it means?

Teenmoneymaker
10-22-2007, 06:57 PM
I think it means that u should wait till the game comes out

Aphelion7
10-22-2007, 06:58 PM
My theory it IS a health bar... except since you're basically replaying the game from using DNA and Genetic Memory from whoever this dude in the future is OR! maybe DNA from Altair's body was found ? Either way as you get hit, i bet you "desynchronize" until memory is "lost" and you have to retap at an earlier moment or something... i.e. a healthbar lol

iPlunder
10-22-2007, 06:59 PM
I think you should realize its an online forum and people are meant to talk about the game instead of shooting down other peoples questions because you have nothing better to do with your time, just as i don't. Which is why I'm talking about a video game on a video game forum.

iPlunder
10-22-2007, 07:00 PM
My post was directed toward teenmonkeymaker.

Last_Assassins
10-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Teenmoneymaker:
I think it means that u should wait till the game comes out

What a little punk. Go steal some brain cells and come back when you're able to color by numbers you dumb ***....

ANYWAY! lol I believe the bar is some sort of Memory Corruption meter. There are a few reasons why I believe this. First, and most obvious is health. The Syncronization bar would probably serve to show you how close the memory is to breaking the continutiy of what actually happened in the past. So if the Assassin were to die, then the continutiy would be broken by the memory, since the genes Altair has is what passes on said memory. (in theory) Second I would also like to address the reason you cannot go around killing all the towns people, because it would break the continutiy of time if you were to kill so many random people. This would just not fit into what ever world the person "remembering" these things exists in. I dunno... My own theories though...

~Chase

Aphelion7
10-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Very good theories indeed! Goes along with mine quite well... I think we're on to something. I'd like to hear what other people have to say about this "sci-fi" twist and we'll see who is right (or at least the closest) in less than a month! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

iPlunder
10-22-2007, 07:12 PM
I agree with you on both aspects of your post.

SJCHS_Ghost
10-22-2007, 07:26 PM
Wouldnt it be to see how many high points your got to? When you get to one in the videos it shows him "Syncrhonizeing"

Aphelion7
10-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by SJCHS_Ghost:
Wouldnt it be to see how many high points your got to? When you get to one in the videos it shows him "Syncrhonizeing"

Patrice said something in one of the interviews that discussed this game being different and more open to non-gamers due to not gaining points, etc.

SJCHS_Ghost
10-23-2007, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Aphelion7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SJCHS_Ghost:

Patrice said something in one of the interviews that discussed this game being different and more open to non-gamers due to not gaining points, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can deffinetly imagine him saying that I still remember when you get to one of the points that reveal the map its called "Synchronizeing" maybe not the bar but still interesting that its called the same thing as the health bar http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Aphelion7
10-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by SJCHS_Ghost:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aphelion7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SJCHS_Ghost:

Patrice said something in one of the interviews that discussed this game being different and more open to non-gamers due to not gaining points, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can deffinetly imagine him saying that I still remember when you get to one of the points that reveal the map its called "Synchronizeing" maybe not the bar but still interesting that its called the same thing as the health bar http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe then the "Synchronizing" bar is how much of the game you have complete? I.E. Get more of the bar for completing missions, collecting all flags etc... 100% means you collected everything killed everyone to be killed did all side quests explored everywhere etc etc etc!

Golani2007
10-23-2007, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Aphelion7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aphelion7:

I can deffinetly imagine him saying that I still remember when you get to one of the points that reveal the map its called "Synchronizeing" maybe not the bar but still interesting that its called the same thing as the health bar http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe then the "Synchronizing" bar is how much of the game you have complete? I.E. Get more of the bar for completing missions, collecting all flags etc... 100% means you collected everything killed everyone to be killed did all side quests explored everywhere etc etc etc! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds true....its also fit to the Achivemnet "complete Synchronization bar"

RBedlam
10-23-2007, 08:07 AM
What a great topic! We all know so much about the actual game-play but so damn little about this crafty sci-fi twist. I love speculation.

Here's what I think...

That bar up top is an awareness meter, or synchronization bar, which acts a little like a health bar. In other words, when Altair takes a hit, his future relative – asleep in stasis or something - loses concentration and his awareness slips a little. You know that bit in the Matrix where Neo starts to convulse in the chair while fighting Smith? Well a bit like that. This guy is laying there in the future manipulating the memories of his long passed relative, who is our protagonist Altair, when he takes a hit and breaks the fragile connection through time.

Actually that's how I think the twist will go, in a roundabout sort of way: A company in the future ˜Assassins Creed Inc' or something, have found a way of travelling back in time through the memories in our DNA. One of these guys is related to Altair, thinly linking their DNA, and through some scientific wizardry this guy and his buddies are able to travel back in time and alter past events. In doing so they change the future.

The feather dipped in blood? I think that also has something to do with the link in DNA. It has some ritualistic significance back in 1191, sure, but may also be scanned somehow, so the guys in the future know that the right person was assassinated.

But then, I could just be talking out of my arse.

Aphelion7
10-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by RBedlam:\

Thats okay we're all speaking out of the same orifice at the moment anyway! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

But one of the achievements is a full synchronization bar... must not have something to do with health then?

webswinger93
10-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by RBedlam:
What a great topic! We all know so much about the actual game-play but so damn little about this crafty sci-fi twist. I love speculation.

Here's what I think...

That bar up top is an awareness meter, or synchronization bar, which acts a little like a health bar. In other words, when Altair takes a hit, his future relative – asleep in stasis or something - loses concentration and his awareness slips a little. You know that bit in the Matrix where Neo starts to convulse in the chair while fighting Smith? Well a bit like that. This guy is laying there in the future manipulating the memories of his long passed relative, who is our protagonist Altair, when he takes a hit and breaks the fragile connection through time.

Actually that's how I think the twist will go, in a roundabout sort of way: A company in the future ˜Assassins Creed Inc' or something, have found a way of travelling back in time through the memories in our DNA. One of these guys is related to Altair, thinly linking their DNA, and through some scientific wizardry this guy and his buddies are able to travel back in time and alter past events. In doing so they change the future.

The feather dipped in blood? I think that also has something to do with the link in DNA. It has some ritualistic significance back in 1191, sure, but may also be scanned somehow, so the guys in the future know that the right person was assassinated.

Actually there is no time travel involved in the game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif Although that is a good theory. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif But Altair's descendant might just be looking back in time to see something that happened during the 3rd crusade.

BTW if you read the pre-order comic book it says the name of the future company and the name of Altair's descendant...

bobbylucifer
10-23-2007, 12:45 PM
The achievment of a full synchronisation bar just means finishing the level with full health. I think RBedlam's pretty much right with his theory on what the bar is, just a meter of how well whatever machine altair's descendant is plugged into is connected to his genetic memory of the past and when altair dies its just the machine de-synchronising with the memory.

Dvlos56
10-23-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by iPlunder:
Since it got no where in my last topic, the health bar is called a Synchronization bar, what do you think it means?

My theory is that Altair is not of that time, the more damage he takes the more he desyncs with that era until he's forced back into his time?

Just a thought.

Comedy Theory:
Maybe when you're running away from a pack of guards, you have to bust out the DDR dance pad, and if you don't follow the beat of the music, you'll desynch and die?!