PDA

View Full Version : Level Bombing command

smokincrater
09-13-2006, 05:46 PM
See the question below

FritzGryphon
09-14-2006, 01:58 AM
Disagree 100%

Dropping bombs is morally wrong. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Fox_3
09-14-2006, 07:17 AM
Not gonna happen.

Posted by Luthier over at SimHq.

Regarding all suggestions, I'll just reply with a blanket statement. Unfortunately, we simply have no time at all. It's not that we're lazy, or we don't think your ideas are great, or that we're tired, or that we don't feel like it. If it were up to me, I'd have two hundred people on staff doing nothing but expanding Il-2 and PF. All the ground we've already covered only makes the stuff we didn't do more appealing.

But unfortunately, there is just no time. We don't have 200 people. We do have large new projects, and we do have deadlines. Oleg has to finish BoB and make it the best it can be, and I have my own...thing... The teams are working inhuman hours without weekends as it is. There's just absolutely no way that we can add anything that's not already planned and signed off on.

This means: new ground objects; new vehicles; new ships; new versions of existing planes; cockpits for AI planes; changes to AI; changes to FM; new maps; or anything else you can think of.

We'll certainly note your suggestions, but if they are implemented it'll be in BoB or after. With Il-2, really, we're physically incapable of doing something new that we didn't already plan on doing.

SoM and 46 are my last forays into the world of Il-2/FB/AEP/PF. Myself and Oleg are already working on our respective BoB engine sims, and that's what I'm exclusively focused on from now on.

I personally am hard-pressed for resources and tight on time as it is, and I simply couldn't find a few spare months to build an Il-2 map. Regarding 3rd parties, this is a question not for me but for Oleg, because it's his team that reviews and releases 3rd party submissions. I don't want to speak for Oleg, but I'm pretty sure the 3rd party submission door has been closed for a looong time, and if something hasn't been already approved by Oleg, chances of it being released are very slim.

In short: it's a 100% no for RRG, and a 99.9999999% no for 3rd party.

Same goes for planes, cockpits, changes to FM, AI, loadouts, ground vehicles, etc.

leitmotiv
09-14-2006, 10:01 AM
I hope this is in BOB, and it would be fantastic if there was an AI bombardier so bomber pilots can concentrate on flying instead of trying to be a bombardier-pilot---of course, if somebody wants to be both, the old system should be available, too. Flying a mission as a navigator-bombardier with an AI pilot would be fascinating.

xTHRUDx
09-14-2006, 11:51 AM
lets add this new feature to the car instead of fixing the flat tires

smokincrater
09-15-2006, 03:09 AM
We are asking you to fix a bug. I absoulty hate it when I have a formation of twelve plus bombers dragging their asses to the target and the only one that bombs is me. I hate it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif Its my one and only pet hate. I think for the investment that I have put in to your back pockets. You can at least spend a week to try and put the command in 4.06m. Ture you have other things to do, we all have other things to do.If you need more time, read a few of the posts, people are willing to give it to you.
What is the point of having an air to ground simulation if no one body drops any bombs! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

I am sorry I surppose I went off the deep end. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif But for person who likes to lead large formation of bombers it is rather frustating.
Personally all other aspects of the sim are top notch. Not since the days "their finest hour" has their been a sim that comes close. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif Just like Oleg I like it to be a close as possible to actually being there. As I said before it just brings me down when you get to your target and no one bar yourself does anything.

KG26_Alpha
09-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Well maybe instead of adding a command just fix the problem as they broke it in the first place, AI used to drop fine, now they dont.
So no excuses fix the problem they created, its a bug not a "please give us" request here.

S!

p1ngu666
09-15-2006, 11:13 PM
thats true. and the upcoming a20 boston, the raf used them to bomb in formation too..

LEXX_Luthor
09-16-2006, 12:56 AM
Luthier at sinhq::
All the ground we've already covered only makes the stuff we didn't do more appealing.
That does sound very good. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

If all else fails, try flying as bomber wingperson, where you must maintain formation and follow, which is very challenging for me, and you drop bombs when everybody else does. Granted, I'm not sure if the stock or Lownegrin campaign generators ever treat the player as wingperson (I never played either).

KG26_Alpha
09-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
Luthier at sinhq:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">All the ground we've already covered only makes the stuff we didn't do more appealing.
That does sound very good. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

If all else fails, try flying as bomber wingperson, where you must maintain formation and follow, which is very challenging for me, and you drop bombs when everybody else does. Granted, I'm not sure if the stock or Lownegrin campaign generators ever treat the player as wingperson (I never played either). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its worse in Lowegrins DCG (No fault of Lowngrin )as targets of oppertunity are mostly ignored if you are flight leader with twin engined bombers, and the deault targets are overkilled with 12 human bomber pilots, even with custom maps same problem, its v4.05 and before thats created the problem and ruined the AI's ability.
The fact that you have your wingman in a He111 with full bombload following you back to base trying to kill you on finals is as bad as it gets and no commands will get him to waver from his behaviour.

smokincrater
09-17-2006, 03:40 AM
If you break off your flights in 30 second gaps(as they did in real life). Congestion in the circuit is avoided. My only gripe is that they don't drop the bloody bombs!

TooCooL34
09-17-2006, 05:24 AM
Aside from level bombing bug,
Main and only(virtually for me) issue for offline play is AI's not dropping bombs, even by padlock and attack command.
They surely did it before 4.0x with no problem. (I don't remember correct version number. It's been too long.)

Again, we're not asking you to improve something. Just fix critical bug plz.

Philipscdrw
09-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Back in Il-2 pre-2.00, AI aircraft would always drop their bombs before landing.

Calm down folks, the rumour-mill says that AI fixes will be in 4.06. Practice flying the bombers inverted under bridges until 4.06 is released.

Treetop64
10-01-2006, 01:27 AM
If you're flight leader, the rest of the flight should drop automaticlly when you drop, without having to issue a command.

lbhskier37
10-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Treetop64:
If you're flight leader, the rest of the flight should drop automaticlly when you drop, without having to issue a command.

Problem with that is it would only work for level bombing, not glid bombing, dive bombing, or low level bombing.