PDA

View Full Version : torpedo loading

coreservers
06-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Is there any way to get type II loaded as default. everytime i return to base it fills me up with type I.
a bit of a pain having to manually select each torp.

Littlecharlie
06-15-2006, 01:14 PM
personally i think type one torpedo's are better than the Type 2 you can change their speed and they go much further ....i only seen a ship spotting them once and that during the day and with a flat sea ( i had run out of ammo for my deckgun so i attacked him submerged )

lecek
06-15-2006, 02:12 PM
You want to search for Wolfies Tweak Pack.

T1's suck. I used to like them when I was new and didn't know any better. Yea they go fast and against a single target they are good. But so is a t2. Further t2's are good in convoys where you can shoot torps at ships and not have the first torp start them zig zagging even before it hits. It is hard to take out a c2 in one shot in a convoy with steams unless you are right next to the damn thing. (Which takes all its advantage away anyway.) With electrics I have taken a whole row of 4 c2's out within 5 seconds of eachother with just 4 torps. You can't do this with steams.

T1's have better range. So what. This has no use at all until 1944 when the fat torps are out. You should not be shooting at a target more then 3000 meters away with regular torps unless you are desperate anyway.

Littlecharlie
06-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by lecek:
You want to search for Wolfies Tweak Pack.

T1's suck. I used to like them when I was new and didn't know any better. Yea they go fast and against a single target they are good. But so is a t2. Further t2's are good in convoys where you can shoot torps at ships and not have the first torp start them zig zagging even before it hits. It is hard to take out a c2 in one shot in a convoy with steams unless you are right next to the damn thing. (Which takes all its advantage away anyway.) With electrics I have taken a whole row of 4 c2's out within 5 seconds of eachother with just 4 torps. You can't do this with steams.

T1's have better range. So what. This has no use at all until 1944 when the fat torps are out. You should not be shooting at a target more then 3000 meters away with regular torps unless you are desperate anyway.

i guess it is a matter of how you operate, i regular take a shot on long distances ( 2000 meters plus ),not often when i miss, plus of course after 43 i tend to avoid convoys because they usually well protected , again my choice of playing, why didn't the germans copy the japanese torpedo's