PDA

View Full Version : Newb Question, Gauaaaleee...

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 05:10 PM
Hot doggies Bessie, looky here at all them fancy schmancy thing-a-ma-bobs...

Well I searched the forum and didn't see nothing on this, so I guess I gotta axe the question that I'm sure has been asked a thousand times already.

"Can the wonderful skin models be incorporated into the AI player AC?" If so, how? If not, why?

Beg pardon sir, but why would the world go to all the trouble to create such artistic wonders if the only use for them is to color one's own AC while the rest of the squadron/unit, are still seen in the default colors?

I know I overlooked something rather simplistic so here's yer chance to six me...

Thanks

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 05:10 PM
Hot doggies Bessie, looky here at all them fancy schmancy thing-a-ma-bobs...

Well I searched the forum and didn't see nothing on this, so I guess I gotta axe the question that I'm sure has been asked a thousand times already.

"Can the wonderful skin models be incorporated into the AI player AC?" If so, how? If not, why?

Beg pardon sir, but why would the world go to all the trouble to create such artistic wonders if the only use for them is to color one's own AC while the rest of the squadron/unit, are still seen in the default colors?

I know I overlooked something rather simplistic so here's yer chance to six me...

Thanks

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 05:44 PM
yes you can just drop the skin file into it's folder. Tho the skin slection is usally done in the Quick mission builder of the full. Unless you use a skin manager of some sort. This reffers to FB by the way

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p9141f290fa1c1c59a2dc382c77af21f3/fb1a8321.jpg

Lead Whiner for the P-47-30 and Hvars

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 06:27 PM
Hey thanks sniper. Yes, I have them in their individual folders. Primarily I'm interested in how to get them to show up in Campaign mode, and it appears to me that the only custom skin to load by FB is it own default. When I load a custom skin, it only shows up on my plane. Can you recommend a skin manager that will assist me to load up custom skins for AI aircraft in campaign mode?

Thanks

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 06:54 PM
I think i can help. I have already created 8 coops and a couple FD maps.

When your in the Full Mission Builder and you are placing the planes or just setting way points you can change the amount of planes, the fuel load, pilot voice, amo load, and what skin you whant for those planes.

Make shure you have vew objects on and when you click on a way point or just placing a plane or plane's go to the Properties. There you can change the amount of planes and skin ect.

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 06:57 PM
Also im not 100% shure but i think u need skin download on to see custom skin from other planes.

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 06:59 PM
Thanks Tiger. I guess I'm getting the idea that it can't be done just through creating a campaign within FB. That is to say, that the only way it can be done is to create a mission, or through the mission builder, but not by hacking some file or something, so that just by choosing a campaign the skins show up? (If I'm explaining it right). Other words, one has to build it into the mission one is creating, but otherwise FB won't do it as a part of a campaign?

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 08:36 PM
Hi bWeiss

There's a way to change a file that states wich skin will be used by each plane during a campaign, if you alter that file all the planes of the same type will wear the specified skin.

The only problem is that i don't remember wich file it is /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif , try asking that on skinners forum or tech support, i saw the answer somewhere less than a month ago.

Good flight to you !

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 09:36 PM
bweiss wrote:
- Thanks Tiger. I guess I'm getting the idea that it
- can't be done just through creating a campaign
- within FB. That is to say, that the only way it can
- be done is to create a mission, or through the
- mission builder, but not by hacking some file or
- something, so that just by choosing a campaign the
- skins show up? (If I'm explaining it right). Other
- words, one has to build it into the mission one is
- creating, but otherwise FB won't do it as a part of
- a campaign?

You know bweiss, i think u can go into the Full Mission Builder and load a campain. Once loaded open the Vew objects and click on any of way points or planes you wnat to change. Go into properties and change the skin.