PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think I've Improved? [Gameplay Video]

KHRYS_24
01-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Here's a video of my recent gameplay (yesterday). Compared to my other videos, do you guys think my gameplay improved, strategy wise, techniques, etc...? What else do i need to improve on? Oh and its funny how i unlocked the "30 stuns with morph" challenge when i don't even use it. I don't know if it works the same as using blender or what but i got it when i don't even use the morph ability.

Here's the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vblGAU_P_kY

DoctorEurope
01-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Looking back at some of your older videos: Definitely!
You play a lot like I do except; better. xD

KHRYS_24
01-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Thanks, I appreciate it. Any tips on what i need improvement on?

DoctorEurope
01-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Really the only thing I'd do differently is travel with NPC groups instead of by yourself more often.

KHRYS_24
01-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Yea, I've noticed that as well. I've been told that a lot too. Just gotta get used to it I guess.

DoctorEurope
01-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Other then that it was awesome.
You played it cool, there were a lot of moments where I would've gotten super paranoid and thrown down my abilities. XD

KHRYS_24
01-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Yea, I played like that before but now, I just play patiently and try to go get rid of my pursuers first before going after my target. Cause most of the time, my pursuer is their target, so once i get rid of my pursuer, my target is usually close by so i don't really have to go around looking for them. Instead, I let him/her come to me.

DoctorEurope
01-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Yeah that's definitely something I should work on. :P

Demonbrah
01-11-2011, 01:00 PM
I think you did very well, with that said, I feel you spent too much valuable time just standing in crowds, I suggest being a little bit less defensive and more offensive, but I must say some of the times when you smoke bombed someone and stunned them I wouldn't have guessed they were the actual pursuer ( unless they had a red triangle on their body / moved awkwardly ).

KHRYS_24
01-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Sterlin22:
I think you did very well, with that said, I feel you spent too much valuable time just standing in crowds, I suggest being a little bit less defensive and more offensive, but I must say some of the times when you smoke bombed someone and stunned them I wouldn't have guessed they were the actual pursuer ( unless they had a red triangle on their body / moved awkwardly ).

Thanks. Yea I kind of played this one a little bit more on the defensive side. Im usually walking around (by myself instead of with a group) but for this one, i decided to go on defense, but yea, i did spend too much standing in a stationary group. Also, most of the ones I've stun, usually act/ walk a certain way and its been like that for me from the beginning. Therefore, I kind of know if the person going my way or next to me is my pursuer or not.

DaVe_RoCk_
01-11-2011, 07:24 PM
you have but you only showed it at the end of the match since you got the 2x kill you were unstopable congrats xD

najzere
01-12-2011, 02:41 AM
Looking good. I haven't seen your earlier videos, but I liked your general strategy and your stuns were very effective. Good job getting stuns without using abilities too.

You got a good score, although you had a huge 2x multiplier and some gimmes toward the end. I think the last part of the session is illustrative that it pays to just hang out in the center of the map where everyone ends up walking through eventually.

I think overall it was a good match and you probably would have won it even without the 2x multiplier. Good job!

Here are some notes where you might find some improvement:

Movement
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> When you do move, don't run around so much. On a small map like Siena, you probably don't have to run around at all.
<LI>On your first kill (the Priest), you should probably stop running a bit sooner before turning the corner. A little later and you would have only gotten Silent and even where you did stop, he might have noticed if he was paying attention.
<LI>This is why you only got Silent instead of Incognito on the Barber for your Revenge kill at 3:40.
<LI>And climbing up on a wall for no reason? :P
[/list]

Situational awareness
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Pay better attention to the whispers when your pursuers are around. Not sure how you missed the Footpad that killed you in the beginning, since he climbed up onto the stadium seats right in front of you just after the whispers started.
<LI>At 4:58 did you not see the Barber up on the wall to your left? It would have saved you a death a couple seconds later when you went to get the Footpad, if you turned around and hung back for a couple seconds while your Smoke Bomb cooled down. Or, if you were feeling froggy, you probably could have just walked right up and stunned him while he was paying attention to his own stun.
<LI>In general, look around a bit more with the camera, especially when you're hearing whispers.
<LI>Why not kill the Prowler when he walked right into you at 10:23?
[/list]

Griefers
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Don't worry about the jerks running into you after you Stun or Lure them. Wasting Smoke Bombs, running around, etc. just leaves you vulnerable. I can't tell you how many times I've stunned someone and then watched them get assassinated after throwing a Smoke Bomb at me for zero effect.
[/list]

KHRYS_24
01-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by najzere:
Looking good. I haven't seen your earlier videos, but I liked your general strategy and your stuns were very effective. Good job getting stuns without using abilities too.

You got a good score, although you had a huge 2x multiplier and some gimmes toward the end. I think the last part of the session is illustrative that it pays to just hang out in the center of the map where everyone ends up walking through eventually.

I think overall it was a good match and you probably would have won it even without the 2x multiplier. Good job!

Here are some notes where you might find some improvement:

Movement
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> When you do move, don't run around so much. On a small map like Siena, you probably don't have to run around at all.
<LI>On your first kill (the Priest), you should probably stop running a bit sooner before turning the corner. A little later and you would have only gotten Silent and even where you did stop, he might have noticed if he was paying attention.
<LI>This is why you only got Silent instead of Incognito on the Barber for your Revenge kill at 3:40.
<LI>And climbing up on a wall for no reason? :P
[/list]

Situational awareness
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Pay better attention to the whispers when your pursuers are around. Not sure how you missed the Footpad that killed you in the beginning, since he climbed up onto the stadium seats right in front of you just after the whispers started.
<LI>At 4:58 did you not see the Barber up on the wall to your left? It would have saved you a death a couple seconds later when you went to get the Footpad, if you turned around and hung back for a couple seconds while your Smoke Bomb cooled down. Or, if you were feeling froggy, you probably could have just walked right up and stunned him while he was paying attention to his own stun.
<LI>In general, look around a bit more with the camera, especially when you're hearing whispers.
<LI>Why not kill the Prowler when he walked right into you at 10:23?
[/list]

Griefers
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Don't worry about the jerks running into you after you Stun or Lure them. Wasting Smoke Bombs, running around, etc. just leaves you vulnerable. I can't tell you how many times I've stunned someone and then watched them get assassinated after throwing a Smoke Bomb at me for zero effect.
[/list]

Thanks for the feedback and tips.

Movement- Thanks for that. Good to know. Also, the "climbing up on a wall for no reason", I accidently press L1 & X right away and moved up on the RS to early. So instead of doing that after turning the corner, I pressed it before so instead, I went up the wall.

Situational Awareness- I still don't get how that whisper thing that everyone is talking about works. Yea, i spotted the footpad after I made the video. I don't how I even missed him when i saw him come up from the front too. Probably wasn't paying attention...Same goes for the other ones too.

Griefers- Yea I know. It's funny how they do that, only to get killed a couple seconds later. If he/she would've saved the smoke for a real use and not use it just to be like "here you go, you stun me, i'll smoke bomb you after" with no purpose and just use it cause he/she got stunned, he/she could've prevented him/her selves from getting killed.

starcowgozboom
01-12-2011, 04:18 PM
I've played you before!! I think you do pretty well. I would recommend, for your style, that you use poison. You could really do some damage then.

KHRYS_24
01-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by starcowgozboom:
I've played you before!! I think you do pretty well. I would recommend, for your style, that you use poison. You could really do some damage then.

Yea, I always use Poison. Its just that for that match, I decided to go on defense most of the time. And So that I can get used to using mute now since i always use smoke. Its just a goal for myself, to get used to mute like how i am with smoke. But yea, I always use poison and only a couple more left till rapid reload poison.

papartusedmcrsk
01-12-2011, 07:40 PM
When I played you, I don't remember what place you were in, nor do I remember what place I was in.

I do remember that I stunned you and about ten seconds later a Smuggler came barreling into me.

I like to think it was just you going after your next target though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

You play kinda like I do, so I don't really have much criticism. (I didn't see the Footpad either http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif)

starcowgozboom
01-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Khrys_24:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by starcowgozboom:

Yea, I always use Poison. Its just that for that match, I decided to go on defense most of the time. And So that I can get used to using mute now since i always use smoke. Its just a goal for myself, to get used to mute like how i am with smoke. But yea, I always use poison and only a couple more left till rapid reload poison. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">
You know, it just hit me. Aren't you the one who likes to get the focused poison kill? I think it was you I remember throwing a smoke bomb, standing there and poisoning me. I was like, "What the heck is she doing--OH GAWD. NOO." *dies*

I know that caught me by surprise~</span>

KHRYS_24
01-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by starcowgozboom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Khrys_24:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by starcowgozboom:

Yea, I always use Poison. Its just that for that match, I decided to go on defense most of the time. And So that I can get used to using mute now since i always use smoke. Its just a goal for myself, to get used to mute like how i am with smoke. But yea, I always use poison and only a couple more left till rapid reload poison. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">
You know, it just hit me. Aren't you the one who likes to get the focused poison kill? I think it was you I remember throwing a smoke bomb, standing there and poisoning me. I was like, "What the heck is she doing--OH GAWD. NOO." *dies*

I know that caught me by surprise~</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, I love using that smoke, focus, poison combo. Eventhough it uses 2 abilities, i don't really care. Everytime I get a change to get a "focus" kill, Imma go for it. most of the time though (like 80%) i use smoke to get focus.But on rare occasions, if my target doesn't know im behind them, i get the focus that why. But most of the time, i smoke to get the focus bonus. and yea i know its only an extra 150pts and that some would say that it isn't worth using up 2 abilities just to get an extra 150pts. But i don't really care and some people just play differently and like I said, everytime i get a chance to get a "focus" kill, imma go for it.

Terran97
01-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Lol I could hear you pound on the stun button. I always do that too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif