PDA

View Full Version : teamspeak is wrong



raaaid
06-22-2007, 08:17 AM
im pretty sure in wwii was quite easy to listen enemy radio communications and being this an advantage pilots would do it

so in teamspeak you should be able to listen radio comunications by foes

i dont use it now but if i could listen my foe swear as i blow him to pieces id certainly use it

Capt.LoneRanger
06-22-2007, 08:22 AM
No problem. Just join a server like WarClouds, connect to their Teamspeak-Server and choose the other side.

If only all your problems were as easy to solve as this one. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif


But honestly, it wasn't that easy in WW2, as they usually kept radio silence when searching for enemies or attacking targets, as their transmissions could also be located. Additionally, many names and codes were used. A message like "2 clicks south of bravo-site" won't help you much - so, in the end TS infact IS wrong after all. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Fireball_
06-22-2007, 08:35 AM
It wasn't normally the pilots or aircrew doing the listening. It would be intelligence type people on the ground.

And how many Allied pilots understood German or Japanese, and vise versa?

Whirlin_merlin
06-22-2007, 09:13 AM
No sunshine, teamspeak is teamspeak.

It does exactly what it says on the tin.

Now if it were called '100% accurate WW2 aviation radio communication simulator wot is just exactly like they had in WW2 even with frequencies, jamming, listening into ememies and everything else you can think of -speak' well then you might have a point.

WhtBoy
06-22-2007, 09:51 AM
What an asinine statement.

Do you really wonder why so many people harbor such animosity towards you?

--Outlaw.

Capt.LoneRanger
06-22-2007, 10:04 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Hawgdog
06-22-2007, 10:40 AM
where is my attention***** jpg when I need it...
Raaaid you need to come to CWOS where they will appreciate your style of whateveritis you call it.

Xiolablu3
06-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Whirlin_merlin:
No sunshine, teamspeak is teamspeak.

It does exactly what it says on the tin.

Now if it were called '100% accurate WW2 aviation radio communication simulator wot is just exactly like they had in WW2 even with frequencies, jamming, listening into ememies and everything else you can think of -speak' well then you might have a point.


Funny how most other servers take the TS thing so seriouisly.

When I am on Ukded2 we all sit in the same channel regardless of the team we are on. Its so casual, and so much more fun to talk about the fight you just had.

LStarosta
06-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Raid, your existence is wrong. Please die.

TC_Stele
06-22-2007, 11:17 AM
We have it pretty easy. Comms is crystal clear, at times, and our "radios" hardly ever fail. Those who fly Japanese on the server get to use comms, while many real Japanese fighters didn't have any radios.

neural_dream
06-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by raaaid:
im pretty sure in wwii was quite easy to listen enemy radio communications and being this an advantage pilots would do it

so in teamspeak you should be able to listen radio comunications by foes

i dont use it now but if i could listen my foe swear as i blow him to pieces id certainly use it

If you were using this forum to read to other people's posts and not only satisfy your attention-whoring you would have noticed several discussions on the issue. In fact, there was a big issue some time ago when Christo was using this "cheat" to find easy targets. It had sparkled several long discussions. The majority were against this practice, for various reasons. I then contacted Oleg to ask about SoW and he said that they may try to have a proper comms infrastructure in the game, with the radio being properly simulated: artificial degradation of the quality of comms depending on distances/mountains/alt etc and that would include of course the ability to find enemy's frequencies - japanese not having radios etc. But that was more than a year ago, and haven't asked him since yet. If you really care about it, then send him an email.

If you don't then stop spamming.

VFS-214_Hawk
06-22-2007, 12:13 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

MEGILE
06-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Yuo is wrong!

Friendly_flyer
06-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by neural_dream:
I then contacted Oleg to ask about SoW and he said that they may try to have a proper comms infrastructure in the game, with the radio being properly simulated: artificial degradation of the quality of comms depending on distances/mountains/alt etc[/b]

That would be a very imersive element! For one, it might force the players to use proper radio protocol, something I miss with Teamspeak.

ElSjonnie
06-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by raaaid:
im pretty sure in wwii was quite easy to listen enemy radio communications and being this an advantage pilots would do it

so in teamspeak you should be able to listen radio comunications by foes

i dont use it now but if i could listen my foe swear as i blow him to pieces id certainly use it

ORLYBIRD.JPG, naw mean?

K_Freddie
06-22-2007, 02:26 PM
If you did your research on WW2 radio stuff, you'd find that the radio techs inserted preset crystals into the radios, just before each mission. These crystals determined the frequency of transmission, which was controlled by HQ.

So knowing frequencies in advance was impossible, and as you know 'Radio Silence' made is even more difficult for the eaves-droppers to determine who was who until it was too late.

AND, you might recall that on Eagle Day (Adler Tag), many german a/c radios had the incorrect crystals inserted. They did not get the last minute signal indicating the changes. Thus they never heard the mission abort order, and so went on alone to their demise.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

raaaid
06-22-2007, 02:44 PM
sorry to go off topic but my admirors could show a comment made by me which would label me as a bad person which would explain their admiration

i can show you comments like the one of the latrine cleaner boy that labels him as a bad person

actually i feel sorry for this bad people, while the good have a range of free will from doing very good to do just good they can just choose between very bad and bad

as for my intention for this topic it was being funny, you are putting an egg out of the toilet

as for you spamburgler you are making more than 5 post daily me less than 1 and this is ontopic

withoutcounting that some who makes at least 5 post a day exclusively on the game can only be a nerd, man go out see the sunshine

raaaid
06-22-2007, 02:54 PM
"Harass, threaten, embarrass, or stalk or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another Member or Guest. "

Freelancer-1
06-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by raaaid:
sorry to go off topic but my admirors could show a comment made by me which would label me as a bad person which would explain their admiration

i can show you comments like the one of the latrine cleaner boy that labels him as a bad person

actually i feel sorry for this bad people, while the good have a range of free will from doing very good to do just good they can just choose between very bad and bad

as for my intention for this topic it was being funny, you are putting an egg out of the toilet

as for you spamburgler you are making more than 5 post daily me less than 1 and this is ontopic

withoutcounting that some who makes at least 5 post a day exclusively on the game can only be a nerd, man go out see the sunshine

You are right. It is on topic.

Freelancer-1
06-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by raaaid:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Raid, your existence is wrong. Please die

if this violent attitudes continue which goes clearly against forum policies ill leave maddox simulations forever

"Harass, threaten, embarrass, or stalk or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another Member or Guest. " </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was a bad thing to say and I see no reason for you not to report it.

LStarosta
06-22-2007, 03:17 PM
LoL... grow a pair already.

One ******ed post deserves another. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif If you can't take something tongue-in-cheek, I would consider therapy.

ploughman
06-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Didn't Hristo dissapear off the face of God's Green Earth after being banned for comms cheating?

I'm not saying the two are connected, but...Jimmy Hoffa was a comms cheat too you know.

M_Gunz
06-22-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by raaaid:
im pretty sure in wwii was quite easy to listen enemy radio communications and being this an advantage pilots would do it

so in teamspeak you should be able to listen radio comunications by foes

i dont use it now but if i could listen my foe swear as i blow him to pieces id certainly use it

You think they spoke enemy language and always said just where they were to make it easier?

Simple things:
* not all those radios even got the same bands
* you generally wanted a clear band to communicate with your own
* unless you knew what the words used meant, it was just noise

For sure the Intel guys listened in to everything they could but during battle that is not
much often going to help.

raaaid
06-22-2007, 03:35 PM
in reality you were able to syntonize enemy radio

then you could choose to listen dance of the valkirias or on the mood

hey server should add proper music for each side

raaaid
06-22-2007, 03:43 PM
i know you didnt mean it seriously of course as the other guy didnt say seriously about marseille practice jump but thats whats called an unfortunate comment, there are supertitious people

but analyze yourself, i include others, i post on something id like about the game and you jump on me like wolves

if you dont like me thats ok but dont jump on me at every chance

i think in reality i can just remember a person who disliked me and he still was funny

i dont understand why i have to be so hated here by maybe 10 or 20 persons

whats the difference with the real world

SeaFireLIV
06-22-2007, 04:04 PM
In Raaaid`s defence some of you were harsh (especially LStarosta ). Something tongue-in-cheek said in a public setting does not translate the same way on a faceless forum where expressions cannot be seen. Any statement wishing another forum member death (even jokingly) should be jumped on by the Mods and deleted.

Yes, Raaaid is annoying, I`ve said so myself, but he does not deserves that.

ploughman
06-22-2007, 04:05 PM
I agree, Raaaid should not be deleted.

LStarosta
06-22-2007, 07:15 PM
I made a public apology, but someone locked it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/7241058865)


Oh the irony.

crazyivan1970
06-22-2007, 07:38 PM
One thing i admire about raaid... he never fails to amaze me....ever. Dont ask in which way tho...

DKoor
06-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Hawgdog:
where is my attention***** jpg when I need it...
Raaaid you need to come to CWOS where they will appreciate your style of whateveritis you call it. http://www.acompletewasteofspace.com/modules/Forums/images/smiles/gm_banana3.gif

We need more raaaids at CWoS (http://www.acompletewasteofspace.com/modules.php?name=Forums) .... tis a fact. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WhtBoy
06-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by raaaid:
i dont understand why i have to be so hated here by maybe 10 or 20 persons

WTH do you expect with topic titles like, "teamspeak is wrong"? It's like saying, "teamspeak sucks and the developers are stupid because they don't do it the way I would do it". Also let's not forget the thread where you said that the German aircraft developers were stupid and that the entire NASA space program is a lie because you don't believe that their space suits were made correctly.

Did it ever occur to you that Teamspeak was NOT developed to simulate WW-II communications? You brain can't even BEGIN to imagine what it takes to develop the client/server code necessary to provide the functionality of Teamspeak so who do you think you are coming in here and calling it, "wrong?"

If you're so freakin' smart and the rest of the world is so stupid, why aren't you living in a mansion sleeping on a pile of money with a different super model every night all the while managing and providing technical assistance to your teams of lackeys who are busy writing the ultimate flight simulator that, shows how stupid the German engineers were, why space flight has never occurred, how to pump water uphill without expending any energy, how the pyramids were built by aliens first contacted by the stupid German engineers, performs a laser scan of the player and the entire surroundings so that the monitor field of view and the physical field of view can be kept the same, AND correctly models World War II radio communications? That's in addition to various other projects such as ending world hunger, disbanding the killer oil police, and spreading the censored art of the Denver airport to the world so all can bask in it's artsy glory.

I mean come on, intelligent people such as yourself should be able to knock those things out in a couple of months at the most eh?

--Outlaw.

M_Gunz
06-23-2007, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by raaaid:
i know you didnt mean it seriously of course as the other guy didnt say seriously about marseille practice jump but thats whats called an unfortunate comment, there are supertitious people

but analyze yourself, i include others, i post on something id like about the game and you jump on me like wolves

if you dont like me thats ok but dont jump on me at every chance

i think in reality i can just remember a person who disliked me and he still was funny

i dont understand why i have to be so hated here by maybe 10 or 20 persons

whats the difference with the real world

Hey now!

I only say they didn't always be able to tune in because they were not.
Even if able to, you have to speak the language of the other and know the words they use
like what is "angels 10" did not always mean 10,000 ft. The speak is in part-code like
banter only more oblique and less said.

So you understand maybe when you hear "bandits at 10 o'clock" in other language but who
said that, where are they and what direction are they heading? Is it you they see?

How do you tune in with 1000's of channels and what is being used is only used some of
the time, radio silence cut only by terse 'code' and not keeping the line open with carrier
or chatter. Set only transmits when needed, not a gossip line.

So -- how you find other is by luck you are tuned in and hear a few words and then what do
they mean and who spoke from where you don't know... while you are trying to fly, maybe fight?

I ask you is it not simpler and more effective to not bother with that and be able to hear
your own people with you? You know who and where they are and what words they say means
with huge plus that you will not miss leader telling you what you need to hear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raaid, you know with doppler radar you can listen to things move?

gdfo
06-23-2007, 04:57 AM
Posts in which a person denegrates another are more a relection of the person making them rather than a measure of the person who is targeted. For myself I have no respect the those comments or the persons making them.


The TS 'Cheat' is widely known and players who use it can and have been BANNED from servers.

Hawgdog
06-23-2007, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by gdfo:
Posts in which a person denegrates another are more a relection of the person making them rather than a measure of the person who is targeted. For myself I have no respect the those comments or the persons making them.


The TS 'Cheat' is widely known and players who use it can and have been BANNED from servers.

How on earth can you tell if someone is using a cheat like you suggest?? Seems about like banning someone from a server because there is just no way other than cheating that they could constantly shoot down everyone...

p.s. raid is a troll, nothing more, nothing less. If you read his other posts in other forums, its the same over and over. In fact, in some forums his typing is better- go figure

neural_dream
06-23-2007, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Hawgdog:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gdfo:
The TS 'Cheat' is widely known and players who use it can and have been BANNED from servers.

How on earth can you tell if someone is using a cheat like you suggest?? Seems about like banning someone from a server because there is just no way other than cheating that they could constantly shoot down everyone... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe they see a blue name in the red teamspeak channel http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

raaaid
06-23-2007, 07:37 AM
when i said wrong i said it can be improved

there are phrequency selectors

and if radio is correctly implemented you could scan

am i correct in my assumption that you could syntonize from your plane both sides patriotic music? seen it in some movie

it would be cool that in bob you could use radio to syntonize music

in fact i think glen miller music copyright is over isnt it?

so how about to put adequate music in teamspeak id use it just for that even if i cant listen my foe swearing you b@stard as i bnz him

raaaid
06-23-2007, 07:42 AM
hey in what forums do i type better?

if they use capital letters its not me im too lazy for that so you must have got another person

once i posted on a physics forum my theory of gravity being the simultaneous expansion of all matter resulting on earth pressing us against it as it accelerates up while growing

there was a guy named raaid that said exactly the same thing but he posted it the previous day than me he also said that an inertial thruster as the one im developing would cause time travel, i got a nervous breakdown for that coincidence

so maybe someone else is using the name raid if he types better

by the way luke im sure if we met and had a beer it would be fun i think its just internet being to cold

BaldieJr
06-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Postcount = +1

WhtBoy
06-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by raaaid:
when i said wrong i said it can be improved


No you did NOT. You said it was WRONG. Why didn't you say "improved" if that's what you meant?


Originally posted by raaaid:
there are phrequency selectors

and if radio is correctly implemented you could scan

am i correct in my assumption that you could syntonize from your plane both sides patriotic music? seen it in some movie


Not all aircraft had the ability to tune to any frequency the user desired. As has been said before (apparently you decided to ignore that one), many were preset.



Originally posted by raaaid:
so how about to put adequate music in teamspeak id use it just for that even if i cant listen my foe swearing you b@stard as i bnz him

So, are YOU going to pay for the bandwidth to provide this music service? Where do you plan to get all this music? Are YOU going to be the one to make sure that there are no copyrights?

Before you answer those, why don't you just use the ALREADY EXISTING IN-GAME ABILITY TO PLAY MUSIC? Wouldn't that be better than telling someone else who spent thousands of hours developing an application that they GIVE TO YOU FOR FREE that their application is "WRONG"?


--Outlaw.

raaaid
06-23-2007, 12:28 PM
teamspeak is wrong becaust it doesnt simulate radio

it would be quite easy to simulate a radio

from roger wilco 10 years ago its exactly the same, no innovation at all i see no merit in changing the name of the tool from roger wilco to temaspeak, exactly the same thing

wwii pilots listen to glen miller and wagner id like that to be simulated as it was like that

neural_dream
06-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by raaaid:
once i posted on a physics forum my theory of gravity being the simultaneous expansion of all matter resulting on earth pressing us against it as it accelerates up while growing

there was a guy named raaid that said exactly the same thing but he posted it the previous day than me he also said that an inertial thruster as the one im developing would cause time travel, i got a nervous breakdown for that coincidence


I have to quote CrazyIvan: "One thing i admire about raaid... he never fails to amaze me.... ever..."



by the way luke im sure if we met and had a beer it would be fun i think its just internet being to cold
The lack of direct face communication is the source of most interpersonal problems (see "Face" BBC documentary presented by John Cleese). When you don't even have voice contact, then things get even worse. That having been said, no one "hates" you. It's just that many dislike the way you present your opinions through the Internet, to the point that they believe (and I include myself here) that you are merely spamming, since you never contribute to anything other than your own topics.

MEGILE
06-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by raaaid:


wwii pilots listen to glen miller and wagner id like that to be simulated as it was like that

You can... just play the MP3. And if you want to force others in the channel to hear it just change input sound settings to WAV rather than microphone.

Be sure however, you will probably be booted from the server, because I sure as hell dont wanna listen to Glen Miller when Im flying, and I suspect no one else on the server would either. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

You are not asking for realistic comms.. you are asking for a way to annoy other pilots, and which ever the cookie crumbles, no one will allow it.

There are some interesting ideas about modelling a realistic radio comm system in game, which could be dicussed however. Cue LEXX_Luthor

WhtBoy
06-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by raaaid:
teamspeak is wrong becaust it doesnt simulate radio

raaaid,
WHERE is it stated that Teamspeak is designed to SIMULATE a radio?

--Outlaw.

-HH-Quazi
06-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Go to the TeamSpeak addons page.
http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=3rdparty&id=1

Download the program TS Noise. This will simulate radio comms.

You might also find some of the other third party applications useful also.