PDA

View Full Version : Stamina

LeatherDaddy
12-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Before you start flaming me for this, b/c I know it will probably happen: I don't have a problem with roofers and runners, I just thought this would add an interesting mechanic to gameplay.

Anyways, what do you think if everyone had a stamina bar that would slowly drain from doing high-profile actions. Once it depleted, you couldn't run or climb for a bit. Then it would regenerate and allow you to enter high-profile again.

There could also be perks to slow the rate your stamina decreases or increase the rate it regenerates. And it would do things like make you fall if you run out of stamina while climbing or jumping from roof to roof.

I think it would add some more strategy and something to make your approach to a target more interesting, because you would want to save more in case of a chase. It may also tone down that initial 30 sec choas at the beginning of each game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'm just bored at work and wanted to see thoughts on this.

yellowbeans
12-15-2010, 01:04 PM
I voted no, just because I really get mad in other games where they limit the amount of running you can do. EXAMPLE: COD black ops. The military spent millions of dollars training you, and you can only sprint for about two blocks?!

I think maybe though in this game it would be better, because doing all that climbing and jumping would probably strain anybody's endurance.

LeatherDaddy
12-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Yea, I could see points where it could get annoying. You just kill your target and see your pursuer coming but your abilities are on cooldown, so theres nothing you could do.

Who knows, it could make it more interesting though if you learn how to conserve and use it correctly.

sandmanssorrow
12-15-2010, 01:09 PM
I voted no because I don't want more inhibitions. I think the gun, knife and sprint are fair options for closing the gap with high speed players. This game is about movement and the freedom to do it either way is appealing, I don't think it would be fun to limit how long you can stand still in a group for without your character scratching his bum and giving himself away or to limit how long the auto pilot can control your character in a moving morphed group either.

luth411
12-15-2010, 01:09 PM
You would have to manage your detection level in addition to stamina. I'm not a big fan of over-complicating mechanics for the sake of over-complicating mechanics.

If you aren't against roof-runners, what other reason is there to limit the amount of free-running you can do in the game?

I voted no because I don't understand the intent of this change or see any potential for improvement.

LeatherDaddy
12-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Like I said, I just thought it would add an interesting mechanic and give you something to think about while approaching your target.

I think it would also change chases up a bit, because I've been in chases that have lasted over 30 sec and it gets old after a bit. I know I could just let him kill me if he never gives up, but who likes dying?

Who knows, could just be a sh*t idea too. I'm just kicking it around.

L_SHunter
12-15-2010, 01:44 PM
I could see potential in it, I mean the sp game is a lot about free running but I do think the MP part of the game was made for stealth. It would force more stealth play which i support but I'm not sure I would like the added mechanics.

sandmanssorrow
12-15-2010, 01:50 PM
I don't agree with the thought that MP was made for Stealth, I just think it's an enjoyable variant of the gameplay and is rewarded more due to the higher difficulty involved.
Forcing stealth or forcing anything would reduce the FREEDOM to enjoy it how you like.

MangJavs
12-15-2010, 02:11 PM
this is good, but stamina should also be counted for using abilities, some abilities require more stamina and of course if the stamina bar is depleted, then you can't press square or circle

DefiantDiety
12-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by mpagano411:
I'm not a big fan of over-complicating mechanics for the sake of over-complicating mechanics.
QFT.

obliviondoll
12-15-2010, 05:46 PM
I can see the purpose in a game which doesn't include chases. Because this game does, I vote no.

You KNOW they'd introduce a perk that increases your run time, and you KNOW everyone with that perk would be basically guaranteed a win in a chase.

Just no.

TheRighteousOne
12-15-2010, 09:53 PM
I sorta like this idea. It makes it so people can't run around like crazy. This would help both on offense and defense. It would also make chase breakers and lifts for more useful. The problem is that some chases last long periods of time. The pursued is smart and makes good uses of chase breakers and such but the pursuer can manage to keep them is sight. You make it so both players run out of juice and you'll end up with a less exciting chase. It also screws people with multiple pursuers. While it would add an interesting dynamic, I think it would do more harm than good.