PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't anyone here use aileron trim in LA's or Yaks??

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 05:13 PM
I'm kind of confused. Why have certain planes that have had aileron trim ability since IL2, namely LA5FN, LA7s and Yaks for example, had it removed in V1.1final?

Doesn't anybody use aileron trim to trim for a damaged wing or to level the roll axis?? I can't be the only one.

Is this a bug or considered a "fix"?

Please help stop my whining and throw me a bone here, please?

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 05:13 PM
I'm kind of confused. Why have certain planes that have had aileron trim ability since IL2, namely LA5FN, LA7s and Yaks for example, had it removed in V1.1final?

Doesn't anybody use aileron trim to trim for a damaged wing or to level the roll axis?? I can't be the only one.

Is this a bug or considered a "fix"?

Please help stop my whining and throw me a bone here, please?

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 10:55 AM
I never fly the Yaks so I don't know about them but I do recall that with the 1.1b the LA's had aileron trim and with the 1.1 final it doesn't.
However, since the current 1.1 patch is a faulty one I wait and see what happens in the 1.11 patch.

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/banners/Giobanner.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 02:43 PM
They did not have trim in real life...

niklas

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 05:04 PM
niklas1 wrote:
- They did not have trim in real life...
-
- niklas
-
-

Ok, thanks for responses. That's allot of model variants that were mistakenly represented in this game, I guess. All the Yaks, all the LAs and various others no longer have aileron trim, but if it was a mistake all along to have it, I guess RL takes precedence.

I just got V1.11 and it's the same in that patch. I guess this is considered a fix. Is there anywhere to see a list of all the planes, besides searching the net for each, to see which planes actually had aileron trim and manual mixture controls?

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 05:30 PM
I am pretty sure, Yaks had ailerons trims. It could be moved while inflight.

Tym

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 05:56 PM
Well, I tried to search for the old thread but it was too long ago and I can't find it. I think it was even before FB was released, there was a thread here where someone said that alot of these planes did not have aeleron trim. Apparently the preproduction versions did, but the production models did not. The original post contained pictures of serial produced planes as well as pilot's manuals showing no incockpit aeleron trim. Oleg posted that he would look into it and recheck his sources, but I never heard again about it and when FB was released these planes still had aeleron trim so I had assumed that Oleg decided it was correct. But now I guess he just hadn't gotten around to fixing it till now. I do not remember exactly which planes the original topic covered, but I believe it was mainly the Yak3 (and some versions of IL2 also I think), though it may have included others as well.

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 06:23 PM
Since there wasn't anything in the ReadMe for V1.11 about aileron trim and since this could be considered a major change across many plane types, why wouldn't it be listed somewhere? At least, Oleg or someone cuold give us official word one way or the other?

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 09:04 PM
On the La5FN (at least) aileron tabs seemed to be set on the ground, and not in flight.

But as far as I know the trim for the aiterons of the Yak could be modified in flight.

Tym

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 05:39 AM
FB Yak panels show a trim wheel on either side of cockpit. Rudder and elevator?

I have read one assessment by a British pilot of a Yak3 cockpit which mentioned that the elevator trim was poorly placed. No mention of other trim controls.

I have a schematic drawing of a Yak1b, which shows both the elevator and rudder trim tabs, but no aileron tabs.

They might be correct in deleting that function for the Yaks. They should have told us though.

Budanova

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 07:39 AM
Yeah, I have noticed if you dial in any rudder trim the plane takes a big dip the left, and there is no aileron trim to bring it back in line. Thank goodness I have a CH stick and can use the aileron wheel to level the wings. I think things are being done too quickly with the patches, things are being forgotten or just hosed. I can't believe the Yak 3 can out dive the La series of planes. This game goes from one extreme to the other with each patch. Sounds not too bad now though, but don't get used to it, prolly get borked in next patch.

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Ok, more good info. As has been said, with such wholesale changes across many planes concerning aileron trim, it would have been nice to be informed that this took place. I mean just an "FYI" note would have been nice.

Has anyone confirmed that LA7's had or didn't have aileron trim in RL? It's just strange that so many planes have changed and no word at all./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 02:30 AM
Did a little more research, and it appears that Yak 1's and 7's had no aileron trim tabs,but Yak 3's and 9's did.

Might need to have that corrected in next patch.

Budanova

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 03:54 AM
OK, now we're going places.

I should get off my lazy google arse and search out some LA series info and see if I can add a bit more to this topic. Jeez, afterall I did start it.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 07:37 AM
I must not be looking in the right places. I can't find much info about aileron trim for the LA series./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Well, here's a bump to see if anyone has new info.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Just bought FB, still having a hard time with it... (SP)

Yet I don't know how reliable this is, but, please take a look at this:

http://www.btinternet.com/~fulltilt/deshist.html

and CTRL+F for "trim".

Jeroen_R90S

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the link, but I couldn't find specific info to see if LA7 had adjustable aileron trim in-flight. It did have it since IL2 and up to V1.1f patch.

I use CTRL left arrow and right arrow for aileron trim. I don't have anything mapped to CTRL F. What are you adjusting by hitting CTRL F? Level Stabilizer? That's great, but you can't control the plane with that on, if that's what you were referring to.

Aileron trim while in air has been removed from many planes that always had it. Can we get an official comment on which planes it was changed on and see if some had it changed by mistake?

Someone must be "in the know" about this issue.