PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Water Questions

Z1stDan
11-01-2004, 08:51 AM
I'm running a P4 3.2 ghz 800 mhz buss, 1 gb dual path ddr ram, geforce 5700 ultra 128 mb with XP home OS. On open gl and perfect with most everything on 2 in the conf. file I get the following. Game runs smooth, looking straight down above the aircraft with the sun high, I get the nice glittering water but the effect is within a solid circle directly under the aircraft and does not appear to be present out from the circle. The worst is when the sun is down low on the horizon, the glittering water effect up ahead is bad, kind of blocky looking. Is this the best I can expect with the card I have or is there better settings I can use. When looking at the water from water level it looks pretty good except again when the sun is low and shimmering on the water. This rig ran perfect in FB + AEP excellent. Please help, thanks!

Z1stDan
11-01-2004, 08:51 AM
I'm running a P4 3.2 ghz 800 mhz buss, 1 gb dual path ddr ram, geforce 5700 ultra 128 mb with XP home OS. On open gl and perfect with most everything on 2 in the conf. file I get the following. Game runs smooth, looking straight down above the aircraft with the sun high, I get the nice glittering water but the effect is within a solid circle directly under the aircraft and does not appear to be present out from the circle. The worst is when the sun is down low on the horizon, the glittering water effect up ahead is bad, kind of blocky looking. Is this the best I can expect with the card I have or is there better settings I can use. When looking at the water from water level it looks pretty good except again when the sun is low and shimmering on the water. This rig ran perfect in FB + AEP excellent. Please help, thanks!

VW-IceFire
11-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Not sure...post a picture and we'll see if its any different than what the rest of us are looking at http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Z1stDan
11-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Please excuse my ignorance. How do you post a picture?