PDA

View Full Version : This would be a great idea for BoB......

knightflyte
03-31-2006, 06:17 AM
....I like to watch some of the tracks I make in IL2/PF, but there are times I just want to look at the last 15 seconds.

I like to analyze my timing. Should I have shot a second before or after I did? I don't want to watch a half hour track to see a few certain seconds.

It would be great to press 'R' for replay (while flying in a mission or in QMB)of the last 15 or so seconds. If we could have the replay with the control of the camera like in the TRK files this would be a great tool to improve flying, and shooting skills.

Lodovik
03-31-2006, 08:04 AM
Bit like the good ol' Cool Cam in European Air War but more controllable, eh? This sort of thing could actually be handy. Even better with a sort of a slide rule of the clip where one could choose the segment(s) to play with a couple of mouse clicks. Perhaps this is allready doable with a software like Fraps, I dunno.
A Cool Cam type of thing could actually be really impressive if there was a big strategic air battle going on on a huge map (which is something I hope BoB will be...).

MrQBerrt
03-31-2006, 09:02 AM
Also, a rewind feature would be nice. Sometimes the moment you want to view is 10 minutes into a 20 minute long track and you just want to see the same shot again and again from different angles.

knightflyte
03-31-2006, 09:44 AM
What gave me idea of mentioning it was GTR. (Grand Touring Racing by Sim Bin.) I watch the replay DURING my race...or practice. I just completed an chicane, but I want to see my line so I can either break sooner or to come closer to one corner or not.....etc etc.

In BoB it could be a useful tool to look a 15 second clip OF the last 15 seconds you flew.

Why did I miss that shot? What did the AI do to CAUSE me to miss? Should I be shooting a fraction sooner or later? What did I do that bled soo much enery? It would help me in mudmoving I'll tell ya that.......

Or dang! that was a great move I did. I NEED the instant gratification of seeing it again?

This obviously couldn't be used online...... but the majority of people play offline anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

If you are in a mission and review via trk. file you have to go through the whole mission to get to the pertinant part.

italianofalco
04-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Agree, and hope one day this feature will be at disposal for all .ntrk files of Fb to make easy the hard work of creating Fb movie too! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif..-Falco

thefruitbat
04-05-2006, 02:53 PM
great ideas, and what about a free camera, i mean we effectivly have it in fmb already, would be a great addition to watching tracks.