PDA

View Full Version : A6M vs Corsair

M2morris
06-06-2007, 11:58 PM
I ran into this video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HOyCEtepWA

I thought I would counter-it so I went to the ChiChi Jima map and put myself against an A6M5 ace to see what would happen and this is what happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCzhATd8UHg

Cheers

stansdds
06-07-2007, 04:21 AM
AI just aren't all that bright nor are they creative. The Zeke had two strong points, climbing and turning, so using a Zeke in a turn fight is good unless you go against a human who really knows how to handle the Corsair. The Corsair in not good in turn fights, is faster in level flight than a Zeke, and can out dive a Zeke. It can also out climb a Zeke in a shallow turning climb to starboard (worked for me on numerous occasions). The Corsair pilot's strategy must be to maintain altitude and keep the fight in the vertical plane. The Zeke pilot's strategy is to lure the Corsair down low where the Corsair does not have sufficient altitude for a dive. AI just don't seem to use these strategies.

M2morris
06-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by stansdds:
AI just aren't all that bright nor are they creative. The Zeke had two strong points, climbing and turning, so using a Zeke in a turn fight is good unless you go against a human who really knows how to handle the Corsair. The Corsair in not good in turn fights, is faster in level flight than a Zeke, and can out dive a Zeke. It can also out climb a Zeke in a shallow turning climb to starboard (worked for me on numerous occasions). The Corsair pilot's strategy must be to maintain altitude and keep the fight in the vertical plane. The Zeke pilot's strategy is to lure the Corsair down low where the Corsair does not have sufficient altitude for a dive. AI just don't seem to use these strategies.
Yep, AI are pretty dumb. I wish I could go online and go against humans but my experiences with long hours flying online have taught me about the addiction. So, no-can-do right now; wife and kid. I will get in ta-rubble.

stansdds
06-08-2007, 04:16 AM
Been there myself, the dissolution of my squadron has been a blessing and a curse.