PDA

View Full Version : AC:R remove armor glitch

titjac05
11-19-2011, 02:32 PM
In Brotherhood you were able to remove armour by replaying a certain memory and I tried the same on revelations and it worked.
I replayed sequence 2 memory 3 wearing a full set of armour and straight away went to the blacksmiths and re-equipped shoulder armour, then quit the mission and I had just shoulder armour.

I'm posting this just to help others who like me hate the bulky armour look but i'm guessing others have tried this.

iouaj
11-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks, does it stay that way?

You can also replay Seq 1, Memory 2, and you wind up with no armor (default brown leather), though going back and forth between free roam and replays causes it to sometimes change back to full armor.

titjac05
11-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah I tried that and for some reason it just equipped me with the Ishak armour. I wish it worked though, loved the non-armoured Ezio http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

iouaj
11-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Did you finish the whole memory? Don't exit the memory early, try that.

titjac05
11-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Nope, just quit straight after I equipped the shoulder armour.

E-Zekiel
11-19-2011, 02:57 PM
It will equip you with a full set of one of your uber armor sets if you try to replay a memory with armor equipped that you would not have access to in said memory. I'm assuming Ishak is the final set? I just got the grandmaster set and I was assuming IT was the final set. Guess I was wrong.

Basically to have it unequip your armor as the poster mentioned, you'd have to NOT have those ultimate armor sets.

iouaj
11-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by iouaj:
Did you finish the whole memory? Don't exit the memory early, try that.

No in Seq 1 Memory 2, finish the whole memory. You should then be equipped with no armor. But again it may not last going back and forth between replays and free roam, but it will last a little while.

Yes it's correct, you are defaulted wearing the top armor in replays if you are equipped with something higher than you would normally have at that point in the story. Another option is to equip lower grade armor before restarting the memory, or in the memory, before doing the mission, visit the weapons shop to downgrade your armor.

mattduck69
11-19-2011, 04:30 PM
is it possible to get the spaulders you wear at the start of the game/masyaf? they were my favourite ones

iouaj
11-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by mattduck69:
is it possible to get the spaulders you wear at the start of the game/masyaf? they were my favourite ones

Yes it is, replay Seq 1, Memory 2, all the way to the end (don't quit out of the memory!), you will once again have all the default Brown leather armor. You will keep it in free roam as well, but from what I've gathered so far, returning back to the DNA strand to replay sequences 2 - 6 from free roam, you may lose them again.

mattduck69
11-19-2011, 05:55 PM
i did the mission yet i still have the other armor.. is their any specific armor you need to wear before you start the sequence??

iouaj
11-19-2011, 07:02 PM
i did the mission yet i still have the other armor.. is their any specific armor you need to wear before you start the sequence??

Not as far as I know, but you could try equipping one of the High-end armors, I was defaulted with wearing the Ishak Armor when I replayed that memory, (make sure you finish the memory, don't cancel out of it) it worked for me anyway. And the brown leather armor will stay on as long as you don't flop back and forth between replays of Seq 2 - 6 and free roam. Otherwise it seems to stay on the entire time throughout free roam, etc.

iouaj
11-20-2011, 04:40 AM

I started a new game to check this, you're right it didn't seem to work. So I believe you do need to possess the Ishak armor. I didn't actually have it equipped though before replaying the memory, it just forces you to wear it once the memory begins. But the trick does work, I've been playing in free roam (doing the challenges, etc.) and some of the replays with all the original Brown Leather armor, including the spaulders all day long. Exited the game, went to multi-player and back, etc. They're still equipped.

dbuzzyb
12-05-2011, 12:47 PM
I got the free Turkish armour outfit& mistakenly applied it-i was then stuck with a black mask & horrible armour - the thing that worked for me was if u go to outfit menu & select & unequip it then go to blacksmith as titjac05 said-happily Ezio is now back to his beautiful self http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

notafanboy
12-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by iouaj:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mattduck69:

Yes it is, replay Seq 1, Memory 2, all the way to the end (don't quit out of the memory!), you will once again have all the default Brown leather armor. You will keep it in free roam as well, but from what I've gathered so far, returning back to the DNA strand to replay sequences 2 - 6 from free roam, you may lose them again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you have to equip Ishak pashas armor first, then re-play the memory

Animuses
12-05-2011, 02:00 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif There's an armor removal glitch in ACR? That's new to me!

LightRey
12-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif There's an armor removal glitch in ACR? That's new to me!
There's also a hood removal glitch that can be used in conjunction with said armor removal glitch.

Q-BALL123
12-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
There's also a hood removal glitch that can be used in conjunction with said armor removal glitch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how?

LightRey
12-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Q-BALL123:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
There's also a hood removal glitch that can be used in conjunction with said armor removal glitch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe it involves replaying the flower picking memory, but I'm not aware of the details. There should be a thread here somewhere.

GunnarGunderson
12-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Q-BALL123:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

how? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sequence 6 memory 4, replay it but decline it when you're given the option to accept it. Then exit the memory when it boots you back to outside Sophia's store

Bones206
12-06-2011, 07:27 PM
When i play the memory over and get the armor i can play the rest of the game in that armor without it changing back

donngold
12-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Bones206:
When i play the memory over and get the armor i can play the rest of the game in that armor without it changing back
I did i played with masyaf white and no armor!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

iouaj
12-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Possible Spoiler:

Actually just a note on this - you don't necessarily need the Ishak Armor to replay the memory in Seq 1 Memory 2 to un-equip your armor, just the master assassin's armor will do for this to work (basically you do need one or the other though, MA armor or Ishak armor) as I tried this on my second playthrough wearing the MA Armor, before even getting all the Ishak pages. You don't need to equip the armor beforehand either as it is automatically equipped when you do the replay anyhow. Hope that helps.