PDA

View Full Version : Mixture and props

hurricane33000
01-08-2006, 04:17 PM
I have CH Throttle Quadrantand although I'd like to have the mixture and prop levers work all thats shown in the HOTAS is throttle and prop.I can get the throttle to work but not the prop ,so I thought I'd just use the default key buttons for these,but they do nothing.Anyone know what I'am doing wrong?

hurricane33000
01-08-2006, 04:17 PM
I have CH Throttle Quadrantand although I'd like to have the mixture and prop levers work all thats shown in the HOTAS is throttle and prop.I can get the throttle to work but not the prop ,so I thought I'd just use the default key buttons for these,but they do nothing.Anyone know what I'am doing wrong?

vocatx
01-08-2006, 08:03 PM
I've got a CH Flight Sim Yoke, and I use the sliders for throttle and prop pitch, but FB/PF is not coded to use the slider for mixture. Unfortunately, you will have to use your keyboard for adjusting mixture. Other than that, everything else works.

MonkeyHero
01-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Make sure you have Complex Engine Management turned on in your difficulty settings. Also, not all aircraft have manually adjustable prop and mixture settings. Try flying the La-5 in quick mission if you want to check if your setup works. It has adjustable prop pitch, mixture, and supercharger settings.

Tully__
01-09-2006, 04:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vocatx:
Unfortunately, you will have to use your keyboard for adjusting mixture. Other than that, everything else works. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not with the CH throttle quadrant. Read the manual about "banded" axis controls. You can break up the axis you want to use for mixture into segments and assign mixture settings to each band. As there are no default key assignments for mixture in the game, you'll have to make the same key assignments in the game.

If you have any difficulty programming your CH gear, ask at CH Hangar forums (http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/)