PDA

View Full Version : So when will we see a schedule for DLC?

farrgough
10-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Everyone would like to see a release schedule for DLC, but would settle for even a release date at this point.

Anyone in the know?

Why so little info?

Crossfire27va
10-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Ive been wondering the same thing myself. I havent seen anything anywhere about when they plan to start releasing dlc. I recall reading someone saying that ubisoft was planning on an agressive weekly update of dlc, but I just checked early and still nothing.

It would be nice if a representative of rocksmith could atleast give us some sort of heads up as to when they will start releasing dlc. I wasnt able to preorder the game, so Im still waiting on freebird. I was hoping they would have released it by now

Klaasv1
10-25-2011, 10:16 PM
DLC!
DLC!
DLC!

(maybe if we all chant they'll respond?) :P

(worth a shot...) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Funk-n-Stein
10-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I'm kind of put off by the lack of ANY information about anything from Ubisoft in this forum. Yes, we have an ubisoft person here to help with support type issues, but as a whole, they seem disinterested in growing a community here. (they still haven't even put a banner in for the forum on the main forum page.)

Even if they can't give solid info right now, you think someone would at least pop in and say - "Hey thanks for the support, we've got some good stuff coming up, stay tuned!" The total lack of communication or news since launch is a bit troubling.

Crossfire27va
10-25-2011, 10:27 PM
I just ran across this on the Rocksmith facebook page.

Seth Chapla: I can't tell you specifically the songs that we're notetracking at the moment, but they are EXTREMELY metal. We consulted with a work safety expert and they recommended that we wear welding masks while working to avoid severe face melts. Being Seth Chapla and all, I declined of course, but I promise you, some heavy stuff is on the way.

Seth is a notetracker for the game so it looks like they are in the process of creating some dlc.

J_morgan
10-26-2011, 01:38 AM
they should adds songs from:
Avenged Sevenfold
Seether
Three Days Grace
And some more recent artists

Tiran_Kenja
10-26-2011, 02:29 AM
Just being able to buy Free Bird would be nice. Since we didn't all get the game somewhere that had that as bonus.

Personally I don't care that much about Bodysnatchers. But I suppose some would also appreciate being able to get that one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mistermann.db
10-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Let me start by saying that I am definitely looking forward to DLC.

Also, I think some sort of community manager would be a REAL nice touch for this growing community. We have all grown accustom to other franchise's commitment to the user community in forums like this and I think Ubi is missing out by staying away.

However, I'd like to see some gameplay patching happen before the DLC floodgates open. We have all seen the cries for some fundamental fixes (Riff Repeator seems most offensive), and tweeks. I think we'll see where Ubi's commitment to this game resides based on which comes first - patch or DLC.

Funk-n-Stein
10-26-2011, 10:34 AM
I agree with getting patches first. I don't particularly care if DLC is still a month or two off, just would be nice to get some info.

Would be nice to have some forum organization and moderation so every thread doesn't turn into a "MOAR METALZ" wish list (see 3 posts above.) Also, seriously, how hard is it to slap up a Rocksmith banner on the forum page?

SeattleSauve
10-26-2011, 12:57 PM
It definitely would be nice for someone from RS development to be involved in this forum. Rocksmith benefits from broadening their active community, and if they were involved here I think it would actually increase the amount of people coming here for information, and get people excited about upcomming DLC, and patches etc...

So, here's hoping they keep putting resources on patching the issues that have been brought up repeatedly, but also put some time into fostering a community here too.

Trey_Trey
10-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Seems like they're putting all (or most) of their eggs in the Facebook basket.

A lot of us older "newbs" don't get on facebook.

SeattleSauve
10-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Facebook "forums" myself either.

Kids these days... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Funk-n-Stein
10-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Trey_Trey:

Yeah, unfortunately, it seems that way. It's a terrible way to get information out unless they change their wall so only Ubisoft can post (and then people can respond to those posts.) Even then, it's much worse than using an organized and moderated forum.

SeattleSauve
10-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Trey_Trey:

Well, if this is the main path forward it might be worth them posting this here to formalize "Facebook" as the place to go. I don't think they have said anything here about that yet, so I am still hoping that they engage in both areas...

mrshakezula
10-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by J_morgan:
they should adds songs from:
Avenged Sevenfold
Seether
Three Days Grace
And some more recent artists

You just named last years rockstar uproar lineup http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif . I highly agree with you, Some more heavy new stuff would be good, although old stuff wouldn't be too bad either. I'm just impatient for anything

Pancho X1
10-27-2011, 09:45 AM
You just named last years rockstar uproar lineup http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif . I highly agree with you, Some more heavy new stuff would be good, although old stuff wouldn't be too bad either. I'm just impatient for anything

Some older stuff would be great. Like Chuck Berry or Buddy Holly. Some Tesla would rock too.

dimebag1208
10-27-2011, 12:39 PM
what we need is some PANTERA,DamagePlan,BLS,Ozzy(RandyRhoads), Disturbed,Unearth,Tool

Clarence382
10-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Com'on Ubisoft.

DLC Schedule.

I got money that needs to be spent, now!

JohnLorn
10-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Bands I would like to see:
Yngwie Malmsteen
BFMV
A7X
Ozzy
Judas Priest
Escape the fate
all that remains
you get the point