PDA

View Full Version : 30fps lock in co-op/any multiplayer mode

kenriii
05-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Has anyone else experienced this?
I've got zero problems running singleplayer or deniable ops, but as soon as I load a map in co-op mode with a friend, my FPS is locked at 30 (ran with fraps)

My rig:
E6600 (clocked at 3.2ghz)
4GB DDR2 running at 800mhz (factory settings)
Gainward GeForce GTS 250
Latest nvidia drivers, also tried older ones

I've seriously tried EVERYTHING I could find. Vsync on/off, triple buffering, forced both modes with various applications, forcing windowed mode, different co-op partners, changing every single video option that both the NVIDIA Control panel and the ingame options has to offer, I've also edited the .ini files and adding Min/MaxSmoothedFrameRates and probably some more **** I can't remember.

And I just can't get that stupid 30fps lock to go away.

I've got a 100/100 fiber connection (<10ms to everyone I play with) as does my team mates so it's not a connection issue.

Anyone got an idea? Patch needed? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

TheStranger.
05-05-2010, 12:13 PM
The game is hard coded to run at 30fps in coop. That's all there is to it. This doesn't mean that it can't run slower due to limitations of the system but since you say yours is running at a constant 30fps then you must be doing fine.

There may be a way around it if you use 3D Analyzer or if you can find the line of code in a .ini file like was possible with PT and CT versus.
I haven't looked but for the Versus games it was a line of code like "FrameRate=xxx" or "RefreshRate=xxx"

kenriii
05-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I'll give 3D Analyzer a try, thanks.

Thing is It's not really constant 30fps, just maximum, I might've put it wrong, somtimes I drop a little. This low fps makes my aim incredibly sluggish and bad, and I can't play the way I want to.

TheStranger.
05-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Some dropouts are expected actually and the game is supposed to adjust the synchronization between the two players computers. So if the person you are playing with is lagging or having slow down issues then your game will also have the same issues.

Isn't that cool? Your game performance depends on the other persons computer and internet connection too.