PDA

View Full Version : New Machine, New Install, minor question.

Phil_C
11-13-2005, 11:46 AM
I just recently picked up a new computer (Specs are : Dual P4 3.2 Exremes, XP Pro, Dual PCI 256m GF 7800 GTX, 4g Ram, (1) 16x DVD R/W, (1) 52x CDRW,SB Audigy 4)

And now I want to re-install IL2/PF and make sure i do it right. I have a merged and updated pached install on my old system, but i also remember picking up an addon (combat over europe) and i cant find, for the life of me, find the manual for the add on.

Should i install the core IL2/PF patched sim and then the add on? Or is there no real way to screw this up lol.

stansdds
11-13-2005, 06:39 PM
I'm thinking any add on programs or campaigns need to be installed after you have your merged install of IL2-AEP-PF installed and tested.

Tully__
11-13-2005, 11:00 PM
If you have the means you can just copy the whole installation from your old machine to your new machine. It's probably a good idea to run the IL2Setup.exe in the game folder before you first start the game to choose the appropriate vid & sound settings for your new machine, but other than that it should work fine.

If not, you've lost nothing. Just delete the copied folder and install from scratch.

Phil_C
11-13-2005, 11:18 PM
If i do the direct copy, are there any other files that are located elsewhere on my old machine that i would need to locate?

I dont have anything really critical in terms of missions or mods installed, not like id know what to get anymore anyway lol

jarink
11-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Nope, everything's there in the one directory. The only exception to that would be if you use some 3rd party programs like MAT Manager or Lowengrin's DCG.

By, the way, nice rig! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Phil_C
11-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Cool deal, thanks for the help, guys, i appreciate it (and not being ripped apart for asking such a remedial question lol)

And thans Jarink, im really excited to see how it runs everything i play and im also looking foward to doing work and not having to worry about opening up a project with 60 or 70 layers in photoshop and then crashing my system lol