PDA

View Full Version : The Red Baron's flying circus is back in the air again!!



nsteense
06-26-2007, 06:47 AM
I thought that this is an exceptional photo that would be enjoyed by you all!
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/4430/1225869yh3.jpg

HuninMunin
06-26-2007, 07:20 AM
Great shot.
Thank you very much for sharing!

LStarosta
06-26-2007, 07:29 AM
So what's the story with the swastika on the 3rd plane from the top? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-26-2007, 07:33 AM
Cool shot, but I was hoping it was an update on KoTS. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

As far as the "swastika" goes, that one is the backwards one that was used as symbols for other things long before the Third Reich adopted it.


TB

LStarosta
06-26-2007, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:


As far as the "swastika" goes, that one is the backwards one that was used as symbols for other things long before the Third Reich adopted it.


TB

Nonsense.

Bewolf
06-26-2007, 07:39 AM
Very neat pic. Thanks for sharing!

Where did you find it and what's its story?

skarden
06-26-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by LStarosta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:


As far as the "swastika" goes, that one is the backwards one that was used as symbols for other things long before the Third Reich adopted it.


TB

Nonsense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright I'll bite
Bam! (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/7891091965)

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Krt_Bong
06-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by LStarosta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:


As far as the "swastika" goes, that one is the backwards one that was used as symbols for other things long before the Third Reich adopted it.


TB

Nonsense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Hows that? It was used by the American Indian and in South American Temple carvings long before Hitler and his evil little group ever saw it, this has been posted about many times.

neural_dream
06-26-2007, 08:43 AM
May I repeat ...? ...tacticool(TM)

HuninMunin
06-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by LStarosta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:


As far as the "swastika" goes, that one is the backwards one that was used as symbols for other things long before the Third Reich adopted it.


TB

Nonsense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>


http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

leitmotiv
06-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Flown by Rudolf Hess who happened to be a Sioux Indian ultra fascist (even though fascism didn't exist in 1917-18). Counterclockwise swastika represents a moon symbol: thus Hess was a lunatic. Herf herf herf herf.

Phas3e
06-26-2007, 02:06 PM
The shot is from New Zealand, the blenheim, Classic Fighters Marlborough 2007 I think.

We propbably have the best collection of ww1 replicas in he world now

LEBillfish
06-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Nice pic http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif



Past that don't feed the trolls... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Warrington_Wolf
06-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Krt_Bong:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LStarosta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:


As far as the "swastika" goes, that one is the backwards one that was used as symbols for other things long before the Third Reich adopted it.


TB

Nonsense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Hows that? It was used by the American Indian and in South American Temple carvings long before Hitler and his evil little group ever saw it, this has been posted about many times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Swastika also features in Eastern religious artworks, notably Hindu and Buddhist artwork.
The swastika is seen as a positive symbol in both of those cultures, the symol means "well being" to Hindu people and to Buddhists it represents balance and harmony.
I think that the ancient Norse people also used the symbol and again it was a positive symbol. I know that the Norse had a runic symbol called the Sig, and th Nazis put two sigs together to make the SS badge. See the link for more details on the Sig.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sig_Rune
Here is more info on the many cultures that have used the swastika. I was suprised by the amount of different cultures that used it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

HuninMunin
06-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by leitmotiv:
Flown by Rudolf Hess who happened to be a Sioux Indian ultra fascist (even though fascism didn't exist in 1917-18). Counterclockwise swastika represents a moon symbol: thus Hess was a lunatic. Herf herf herf herf.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

slappedsilly
06-26-2007, 03:30 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Makes me want KOS even more.

flox
06-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:
Cool shot, but I was hoping it was an update on KoTS. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif



Same here! Dagnabbit.

Air_Hog
06-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Wow, loved the picture. Guess little Knut will have to make way for the triplanes.

M_Gunz
06-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Warrington_Wolf:
The Swastika also features in Eastern religious artworks, notably Hindu and Buddhist artwork.
The swastika is seen as a positive symbol in both of those cultures, the symol means "well being" to Hindu people and to Buddhists it represents balance and harmony.
I think that the ancient Norse people also used the symbol and again it was a positive symbol. I know that the Norse had a runic symbol called the Sig, and th Nazis put two sigs together to make the SS badge. See the link for more details on the Sig.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sig_Rune
Here is more info on the many cultures that have used the swastika. I was suprised by the amount of different cultures that used it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

The symbol is ancient beyond history and positive -- it's a good luck symbol!
For at least some cultures it is the four forces of nature (reality) stemming from center.

Churchward makes a lot of the universality of that and others in his books on Mu, the
motherland of man that's supposed to have been a continent in the mid-Pacific. Hey, he
sold a lot of books so I guess the swastika was good luck for him!
And JIC, no I am not saying Churchward was in any way right, just some of it is interesting.

nsteense
06-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Bewolf:
Very neat pic. Thanks for sharing!

Where did you find it and what's its story?
Bewolf, Phas3e is right. It is part of 'the vintage aviator' from New Zealand, most likely taken during the airshow which he mentioned.
I found this picture on Airliners.net

Worf101
06-27-2007, 09:23 AM
My goodness... THAT'S what I call "formation flying". Wow... wouldn't mind buzzing cows with that in upstate NY!!! How long before the locals would be shootin' at me.

Da Worfster