PDA

View Full Version : Lobby waiting times.

Techwood2177
01-14-2011, 02:25 PM
As much as I love this game I have a really bad time trying to get into a match and it's starting to make me put other games in with less waiting time till a match starts. Why 6/7 and 8 players can sit in the lobby for more than a few minutes at a time is beyond me. Your thoughts and experiences please?

I'm on Xbox 360 in the UK.

I wrote this while waiting in a lobby and it's been over 1/2 an hour now still no game. I have a 10meg fibre optic broadband connection with a less than 25 ping. Please help!

Naeddyr
01-14-2011, 02:36 PM
If the match doesn't start when there are 6/6, 7/7, or 8/8 players waiting on the loading screen, I usually pretty quickly quit and try again. Usually I get a match after one or two tries. Same if I get stuck with a lower number, "Searching for Abstergo Agents" droaning on in the background. Quit, try again, whoopsiedaisy.

I'm about 80% sure it's because of other people. Sometimes you get into a match, the waiting lobby with the names and all loads up, and whoops, here's a newcomer... And then you're stuck waiting for that one person forever. It's beyond me why people who hold up the line like that aren't just booted out of a lobby automatically after a while: they can try again if they want, but in the meanwhile, we're all stuck here waiting.

In my more dark moments I wonder if there's the possibility of some kind of griefing... A thousand fake PSN accounts out there, wasting my time by delaying lobby loading by faking being a real player that hasn't loaded the map yet or something similar... But this seems to be a bipartisan issue on both the PS and XBOX, so instead I'll scream ***** at Ubisoft, and tell them to get back to work on Beyond Good and Evil or there will be Hose Time again.

luth411
01-14-2011, 02:39 PM
I don't know, why do you sit in the lobby for that long?

The game will often create a bugged match which never chooses a map or never actually starts the match. Usually, they just stay stuck until everyone eventually leaves. If you stay in that match...you won't play.

I was having quite a few of these last night so much so that I only played 3 matches over the course of about an hour. I was actively dropping out of matches and switching between ranked and player, but a lot of the matches that I would join would bug out like this. Just leave and try again...don't sit there.

Techwood2177
01-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by mpagano411:
I don't know, why do you sit in the lobby for that long?

The game will often create a bugged match which never chooses a map or never actually starts the match. Usually, they just stay stuck until everyone eventually leaves. If you stay in that match...you won't play.

I was having quite a few of these last night so much so that I only played 3 matches over the course of about an hour. I was actively dropping out of matches and switching between ranked and player, but a lot of the matches that I would join would bug out like this. Just leave and try again...don't sit there.

I'm leaving and coming back a lot yet seem to get into the same lobby I just left and it's every day this is happening. I'm quoting waiting times between matches not time in a single lobby infact it's taken over an hour in some cases.

obliviondoll
01-14-2011, 03:24 PM
If it takes more than 5 mins after reaching 6/6, 7/7 or 8/8, it's glitching, or you're not able to sync with the match properly.

If this happens every time, or nearly so, it's most likely the problem is at your end, not the servers - check your internet connection is running fine, try the suggestions in the connection problems sticky thread.

If you're still having trouble, it may be a glitch that's not affecting many people - contact support - give them full details of what you've tried before contacting them - they may have a solution that you missed, and if not, they'll be able to use your example, along with any others with similar problems, to try and resolve the issue.

FKNLunatick
01-14-2011, 04:13 PM
If there's no map loaded or the lady stops talking then there's a good chance that the lobby is broken. Just back out and try again.

Serrachio
01-14-2011, 04:49 PM
What I really hate is how it prefers to go for 7/7 or 8/8 when there's 6 people ready to play. I'd rather play a 6/6 match instead of having to wait however long because the matchmaking system decides to be picky.

One other qualm I have with it is that it'd let me check my challenges if I quit, but why won't it let me check them while I wait, outside or inside the lobby?

It'll save me time at the start of the game so I don't need to pause to look at them, and one thing that can be added too is to remove the need to press start in a lobby to mute someone.

There was one Alliance match I had with this kid, I bet he was like 12, 13 or 14 something, and he kept on talking to himself, it was that irritating.

I didn't mute him though, I thought he might have shut up after a while and actually helped me with some directions. What ****ed me off the most was, he was at least level 40, he ran like an idiot on Siena, got himself stunned a few times and kept giving his enemies kills.

It was funny though because we won in 1st because I scored the most with kills and stuns thanks to the Siena spot I watched in one of Rainie's videos, so Rainie, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Techwood2177
01-15-2011, 07:55 AM
I should say I put it down to the possibility of Brotherhood being more popular than expected and figured it was because people had to que till a game was available. I mention this despite some thinking I may be ignorant of the real mechanics involved with online gaming because to be perfectly honest I am. I only got the net for myself less than a year ago and it's been a steep learning curve. Nat settings and licence migration, host migration and ping rates all just for my console! I'm catching up but appreciate your help to speed the process along :-)

Just Krispy
01-15-2011, 08:06 AM
[quote]The game will often create a bugged match which never chooses a map or never actually starts the match. Usually, they just stay stuck until everyone eventually leaves. If you stay in that match...you won't play.[/quot

Yeah this is happening waaaay too much. Almost every match. It seems to be worse in Manhunt. Ubisoft please fix this!

Just Krispy
01-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Ubisoft needs to get together with Bungie and get some tips on how to set up multiplayer servers...

Just Krispy
01-15-2011, 08:58 AM
With sll glitches, lag and problems getting into matched, this game is getting almost unplayable. I love this game when it works, but it is not working more than it is working right now, at least for me. I played last night on a WIRED connection to my modem. I disconnected it from our pc and moved it into the living room to see if it might eliminate some of the bugs. I still got booted from one game and still had weird game glitches. These included player names floating across my screen and while trying to assassinate a doctor the game wouldn't let me do it. He was trying to stun me and couldn't and I could not kill him. Eventually another pursuer came and killed me..bye bye first place....This on a wired 7 kbs DSL connection. Ubisoft is no stranger to multiplayer they have made other multiplayer games. This stuff should not be happening so much. I finally got frustrated and played Halo Reach. No connection problems there....green bar and found a match right away.

VoicedHercules
01-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Use this to Decrease Game Search Time and Connection Issues with Friends (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/3061084998)

Techwood2177
01-15-2011, 09:42 AM
I had problems connecting with friends in other games when I first took my Xbox online. I used the port forwarding to open the XBL recommended ports and UPNP was enabled as a default. This still didn't work for connecting to my friends in parties but had a positive effect on my NAT status. I was upset at having limited contact with my friends so disabled the port forwarding leaving only the UPNP enabled. This it seemed was the key and I was still open NAT and could party with anyone. I have no trouble playing any other game (even those notorious for needing open NAT Halo/GOW/COD). My router is a Dlink DIR 615. I seriously doubt it's a problem with my end. Plus being a nube onliner I'm reluctant to start messing with DMZ'z.

I appreciate all the replies to this thread and wish to say I still rate this as my fave online game to date. I apologize if I seem like I'm complaining because I'm not. It's just something I've noticed and thought I should mention.

Just Krispy
01-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Most of us probably already play other multiplayer games. Our NATs are already open Pnp enabled, our ports our forwarded etc etc. Appreciate the tips, but the ACG glitches are mostly the server's fault..